April 23, 2014, 06:47:51 AM

Poll

Which was the better Musical Review?

Moulin Rouge
3 (42.9%)
Les Miserables
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: That Guy with the Glasses  (Read 21681 times)

Ponymian Rhapsody

Re: That Guy with the Glasses
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
Doug as a real person continues to amaze me.

from his FB

This world becomes ever more fascinating and surreal to me. I just found out that Mara Wilson has seen my reviews of some of her movies, and is...well, not pleased.

To her I say this: I do truly believe that every human being is a work of art, each one is different, each one has something to offer, and none of them deserve pure, emotional hate. I am also, however, a comedian, and believe all comedy is based on some form of misery. Sadly in some cases (you could even argue most) it comes at the misery of other people. Yes I've made jokes about your acting, yes I've made jokes about how you used to look, and even though it comes from a character I play, the jokes still mostly come at your expense.

Which is why, to make up for it, I offer these insults I have heard about myself over the years for you to use against me. They come in many varieties and from many different angles (appearances, voice, personality, lack of talent, ect), but I'm sure you can find at least one to your liking.

1) Doug, your voice is so high pitched it caused deaf people to hear and then suddenly want to go deaf again.

2) Doug, your balding forehead is such a marvel we were thinking about renaming you "Max Head-Room-For-Rent."

3) Doug, it's obvious you hold comedy in high regard, have you ever thought about actually trying it?

4) Doug, the cast of the Simpsons called, they want their overbite back.

5) Doug, I would love to make a movie about how your ego continues to grow, but I hear they already made a film called "The Never-Ending Story."

6) Doug, I hope you get crushed by a house full of cancer.

6 is kind of sloppy, but it made me giggle. These are all fine choices to choose from and any of them will probably get a good laugh. In reality I do not hate anyone, particularly people I've never met. I use laughter as many people do, to make others feel better. At times people's feelings get caught in the mix and that is unfortunate. As a comedian my goal is to make people feel better, not worse. If in reality though, a person honestly wants to judge someone they've never met before in a completely serious manner, that is their loss. People are far too fascinating to simply throw into a label. I know I am not a label, so I laugh when others try to turn me into one, especially when they're legitimately funny. But in the end, I try not to judge, hate, or encourage others to do so. I do, however, believe it is good to laugh; laugh at situations, laugh at places, laugh at things, and yes, even laugh at people, as long as the very first person to be laughed at is one's self. So don't worry, there is far more to make fun of with me than there is to make fun of with you.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
-snip-
This is why I want to work with him someday.
Ask Ryan, EQF's official Dirtbag

Spoiler for OVERWHY and SuperBrony’s gif!:

Thanks SuperBrony for making this awesome sig-pic!

Russian 404s
Luchadores with Ostriches
and other bullshit our world puts up with...

« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »
Yeah I'm with you there Ryan. I would love to work with him as well one day. It's fun but tough work but you make a very good amount for it tho.

Ponymian Rhapsody

« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
I've always sorta wondered what would happen if any of the TGWTG employees would think of me if forced to spend any extended period of time with me.  I was pretty sure most of them would find me obnoxious or boring, but now thanks to that....

Also, tonight Doug reviews something I am a big fan of.

« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nostalgia-critic-transformers-cartoon-6108232

I really enjoyed this one. I like it whenever he tries something different like the Moulin Rouge, Grinch, to a lesser extent Jungle 2 Jungle reviews. It's nice when he doesn't feel forced to do the same thing each time.

Signatures by Destinae Spark, SuperBrony6, and Salnalus. Avatar by Mariopaint. :D

You truly are the quintessential Pinkie Pie fan, your so much like her.

Bad taste in butts is unforgivable  :caramad

Spoiler for Hiden:

"You see pony buttcrack." - Shawn Chatfield :pinkiebutt:

"Anime butts drive me nuts." -Garrett Hunter

Offline TheColtofPersonality

« Reply #480 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
Birdemic and Julie & Jack could probably give it a run for its money.

They come close, very very close, but I am always quoting the Room, as Linkara said "It gets into your brain and fills it with Stupid"
"Joy is a weakness, and weakness will get you killed Spike" - SF Debris on Twilight Sparkle

"Every story needs a good old fashioned villain" - Jim Moriarity

Ponymian Rhapsody

« Reply #481 on: April 26, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
You guys have never seen Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, have you?

« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
You guys have never seen Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, have you?

Oh yes I have seen it, and you know what I find it very enjoyable.
Linkara said it best with that one:
http://blip.tv/at4w/at4w-santa-claus-conquers-the-martians-4549819
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:34:26 PM by TheColtofPersonality »
"Joy is a weakness, and weakness will get you killed Spike" - SF Debris on Twilight Sparkle

Ponymian Rhapsody

« Reply #483 on: April 26, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »
I find it so bad it's bad.  Obnoxiously childish and uncomfortable at many points.  For a while it was my most loathed movie of all time up until Sex and the City 2 came out.

« Reply #484 on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »
I dunno personally I really like the film
Most of the acting is surprisingly pretty decent for something like this, all the actors seem to know they are in a stinker but boy do they seem to have fun with the roles given to them.
The primary reason why I think this one is so picked on is solely based on the matter that it was on MST3k.
Oh sure this really is a very ridiculous movie, hell the very title of this film should clue one in on what this is all about.For those who have not seen this holiday charmer here is a brief storybit:
The story is as basic as it goes, some Martians go to Earth to kidnap Santa because kids on Mars are unhappy.
They kidnap two kids and soon kidnap Santa himself and take him to Mars.
In the movie we do have a villain named Voldar who keeps on wanting to kill Santa and the kids and as far as villains go he might be low on the list but every hero needs a villain.
I wont spoil the whole movie, its something that needs to be seen in order to be believed.
If there is one thing I personally can say in favor of this movie is that it feels like watching a kindergarten school play.
You know all the best effort in the world is being put in to everything you see, the budget is very low, some of the costumes and sets are so obviously cheap but you cant help but admire the movie despite all of its flaws.
This movie is public domain so its free to watch online, so sit back put on a funny hat with antennae on it and enjoy this cheesy, silly, very stupid but overall enjoyable holiday B movie classic.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:36:56 PM by TheColtofPersonality »

« Reply #485 on: April 27, 2012, 05:28:02 AM »
Doug's Transformers Review was pretty good and having the Snob as a guest star was awesome as well.

Ponymian Rhapsody

« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »

Looks like CR's next Familiar Face is about Ralph the Guard.  Seems like a good choice for the show since he was on both Animaniacs and Tiny Toons.

Spikethedragon

« Reply #487 on: April 30, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
I was watching NC's review on Nicktoons, specifically Ren and Stimpy.

This is the best moment from it.

"Hey kid, what do you want to see on TV?"
NC:" I dunno..."
"Here eat some candy."
*mystery man tosses open bag candy at NC*
*NC messily eats candy*
*ding*
NC: "I wanna see a show with a dog and cat living together! The should bump butts together because butts are funny! The cat should say 'I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
Ren: "I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
NC: "And then he should hit his head with a hammer!"
*Ren hits himself with a hammer over and over*
*NC laughs, and then falls asleep*

(11:03)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUXeZzBj_S8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUXeZzBj_S8</a>

« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
I loved his commercial videos a lot. Those where my favorite of his.

Offline Brownbrony

« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
Doug and Lindsey did their review of the animated Chipmunks film....so glad I had no idea it even existed.

Still...at least it wasn't one of the more recent CGI nightmares.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:16:53 PM by Bronydan »
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) "

"This is the WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!" - Rarity, Lesson Zero

"One. Day." - Apple Bloom, Sisterhooves Social

« Reply #490 on: May 01, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
Ah yes the live action mixed with CGI Animated those sucked so much. I did like the music tho in them.

Offline The Warners

« Reply #491 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
Defiantly Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic, AskThatGuy), I also like Nostalgia Chick, Phealous, Rap Critic, and Todd in the Shadows.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063

Spoiler for rest of sig:
Ask The Warners!
Please, I have never eaten such an instrument. I prefer to eat saxophones, they taste so jazzy!

Anyways, I meant that I only saw the mayonnaise played seven times. One of those times was back in nineteen-dickity-two, when I went to Woodstock and saw Bach play the Mayonnaise alongside Freddy Mercury playing the Nutella. My memory is a bit fuzzy though, considering that I was high on quaaludes at the time.
I gotta see the objection!
I gotta visualize the objection!
I gotta sniff the objection!
I gotta hold the objection!
I gotta date the objection!
I gotta BE the objection!

:ppflirt ~I'd do aaaanythiiing for youuuu~ :lol:
I survived the 24/7 support-pocalypse of 2014

« Reply #492 on: May 02, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »
I actually own the Chipmunk Adventures since I liked it a lot to be honest. I love all the songs and the pointless story line in it.

Offline Mele Kalikimaka

« Reply #493 on: May 02, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
Watched the new Nostalgia Critic this morning...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Holy shit, Mara Wilson gets revenge!

Ponymian Rhapsody

« Reply #494 on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »
http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/that-guy-with-the-glasses-panel-anime-stl-part-2-6119664

2:00 in.

:D

Also, a little after 11 minutes in, Doug discuss the idea of Michael Bay doing MLP.

EDIT-
Doug plans to do a month of Pixar?  Sweet!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:39:02 PM by Andrew »

Offline Fluttershy's Husband Southern Wing

« Reply #495 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
Also, a little after 11 minutes in, Doug discuss the idea of Michael Bay doing MLP.

Michael Bay directing my little pony movie? I'm not sure what to think.
I post both cute and sad pictures and the sad pictures can be really sad.
Spoiler for Hiden:

awesome banner made by Salnalus

Offline Brownbrony

« Reply #496 on: May 02, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
It WAS pretty cool having Mara Wilson addressing her grievances to Doug after his latest review!

Still...she DID make some bad films when she was a kid.
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) "

"This is the WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!" - Rarity, Lesson Zero

"One. Day." - Apple Bloom, Sisterhooves Social

Offline JonnyJinx

« Reply #497 on: May 03, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
I'm not sure why, but I laughed so much at this part of the newest episode that I had to put it on youtube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4QBhgbG8aQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4QBhgbG8aQ</a>
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Pony Personality Test result:

Some information:
Skype: jonnyjinx2 | Xbox Live Gamertag: JonnyJinx | Playstation Network: JonnyJinx | Steam Name: JonnyJinx | Mario Kart Wii FC: 1375-7432-4864  | Nintendo 3DS FC: 3093-7140-0149

Offline Felix Hawthorne

« Reply #498 on: May 03, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »
Out of that list, I've only watched Nostalgia Chick and Nostalgia Critic. Nostalgia Critic's reviews are the most entertaining to me, but I don't think I take them completely seriously as "good reviews." So I pick Nostalgia Chick. Hers are a lot more informative (or at least they seem to be).

Does MarzGurl count? If so, I pick her. I've only watched maybe 5 or 6 of her reviews but I think they're really good.
Have you ever seen her Ali Baba review? Considering the whole site is devoted to destroying every piece of shitty entertainment, that's the worst I have ever seen reviewed.
Banner by Salnalus

Spoiler for for amazing art done for me:
Nightmare Omega:

Life-Is-A-Party:
Spoiler for old sig:
EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLING EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLING EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLING EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLING EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLING So yeah, I like to shuffle. U jelly?

Offline Kariana

« Reply #499 on: May 04, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
Nostalgia Critic wins my vote by an extreamly long shot. :lol: