August 27, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Author Topic: Season 3 of MLP: FiM  (Read 6392 times)

Offline Skaitavia

Code: [Select]
public static Smile(Smile smile) {
   if ( smile != true ) {
      smile.start(PinkiePie);
   } else {
      continue;
   }
   return smile;
}
:)

Offline Supernova

Re: Season 3 of MLP: FiM
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »
I think that may be a simple misspoke (Misspeak?)

And if you’ve ever wondered what an opera singer might do in her time off stage, Chan-Kent has an interesting sideline; she’s an voice-over actress, going into her third season with the animated My Little Pony television series. “I do Silverspoon, the little sister pony, and I do all of the singing for Pinky Pie.” Chan-Kent thinks her ability to do high, child-like voices has been her appeal. “The voice-over world is a very small community, so I was extremely lucky to get an entrée into it.”

"The little sister pony" - Er, let's see which one...

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

Offline RainbowDash

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
My thoughts exactly

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »
Doesn't say "FIM", it says "MLP". So it could have been an earlier generation.

Offline Skaitavia

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
Doesn't say "FIM", it says "MLP". So it could have been an earlier generation.

While it hasn't said FiM directly, this was an interview that was done yesterday, September 8 of 2011.

Not only that, but older MLP series never had "seasons".

We all know season 2 has already been in progress, and this makes me have hopes that they're going to be making a season 3.
   if ( smile != true ) {
      smile.start(PinkiePie);
   } else {
      continue;
   }
   return smile;
}

Offline StarSongPony

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 01:20:16 PM »
i would be surprised if this wasn't true they had to have seen face book get flooded when Daniel Ingram posted about the hop skip and jump song. they know they have the fans for as long as they have ideas for the show. as for the little sister pony. i bet their talking about sweetie bell
"i can be bruised. battered and beaten but as long as there is still breath in my lungs i will continue to protect ponies. i will protect them. because what can kill them i can survive because what hurts them is but a scratch for me. because its the one thing i've been able to do right"

a Quote from Tempest. It has everything to do with noticing the heart and soul put into a show that no one expected a heart and soul to be at.  You notice the love the writers and animators put into the show and we all respect and love that

Offline 4A-GZE

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
Unless her grammar is incorrect, she's restating Silverspoon as the little sister pony, which makes no sense. Unless, of course, this is a season two spoiler.
I'd say she just didn't get her parallelism correct, but you never know...

Offline Draggle

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
Unless her grammar is incorrect, she's restating Silverspoon as the little sister pony, which makes no sense. Unless, of course, this is a season two spoiler.
I'd say she just didn't get her parallelism correct, but you never know...

My thoughts exactly.

Offline AppleShy

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
Saw this news on Equestria Daily and proceeded to do a loud gasp.

I want to go tell everyone about Season 3 being possible now.  :monster:

Click to enlarge!

Spoiler for Hiden:
A drop of kindness
A heart that is felt by all
A fountain of love

An innocent boy
A warrior of friendship
A loving dragon

A child at heart
Never stops trying to help
Giver of Smiles

A mother to all
Hard working until the end
Apple Family

Elegant artist
Whos work touches and wows all
A beautiful gem

Pegasi of speed
Never stops chasing her dreams
A Sonic Rainboom

A great magician
Studies to help everyone
A Faithful Student

Offline Skaitavia

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
I am even more excited now :D
   if ( smile != true ) {
      smile.start(PinkiePie);
   } else {
      continue;
   }
   return smile;
}

Online JonnyJinx

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »
Good stuff. I didn't doubt that it was coming in the first place though. :)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Pony Personality Test result:

Some information:
Skype: jonnyjinx2 | Xbox Live Gamertag: JonnyJinx | Playstation Network: JonnyJinx | Steam Name: JonnyJinx | Mario Kart Wii FC: 1375-7432-4864  | Nintendo 3DS FC: 3093-7140-0149

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
If there's a third season, then we're going to have at least 78 episodes. *drool*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:41:10 PM by WeirdRaptor »
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

Offline Skaitavia

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 06:40:21 PM »
If there's a season, then we're going to have at least 78 episodes. *drool*

The amount of fanmade content will be massive!

I will be too excited.
   if ( smile != true ) {
      smile.start(PinkiePie);
   } else {
      continue;
   }
   return smile;
}

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »
I'm just looking forward to being able to watch the show more often without over-watching them. I decided to take a deliberate break until the new seasonal premiere so as not to lose interest mid-July.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:05:27 PM by WeirdRaptor »
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Offline AppleShy

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 06:46:17 PM »
I have to admit though, I do hope the creators don't have it too hard and will be forced to work on 3 right after 2 is done. :(

Click to enlarge!

Spoiler for Hiden:
A drop of kindness
A heart that is felt by all
A fountain of love

An innocent boy
A warrior of friendship
A loving dragon

A child at heart
Never stops trying to help
Giver of Smiles

A mother to all
Hard working until the end
Apple Family

Elegant artist
Whos work touches and wows all
A beautiful gem

Pegasi of speed
Never stops chasing her dreams
A Sonic Rainboom

A great magician
Studies to help everyone
A Faithful Student

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
Fortunately, TV does not work that way in North America. Seasonal breaks are mandatory here.

Online JonnyJinx

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »
I'm just looking forward to being able to watch the show more often with over-watching them. I deiced to take a deliberate break until the new seasonal premiere so as not to lose interest mid-July.

I feel the same way. I don't want to burn myself out from it or something like that so I'm trying to avoid watching S1 episodes for a while.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Pony Personality Test result:

Some information:
Skype: jonnyjinx2 | Xbox Live Gamertag: JonnyJinx | Playstation Network: JonnyJinx | Steam Name: JonnyJinx | Mario Kart Wii FC: 1375-7432-4864  | Nintendo 3DS FC: 3093-7140-0149

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »
I have to admit though, I do hope the creators don't have it too hard and will be forced to work on 3 right after 2 is done. :(

Well I'd say they're at LEAST 50% done with season 2 already, and seasonal breaks are mandatory in the US, so they'll likely begin Season 3 work next summer or so, with another fall release.

Offline Skaitavia

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:46 PM »
Well I'd say they're at LEAST 50% done with season 2 already, and seasonal breaks are mandatory in the US, so they'll likely begin Season 3 work next summer or so, with another fall release.

I can see this happening, as that's been the trend for games lately.

Assassin's Creed series were released every November, and same for the Call of Duty series.

Season 1 was sort of a year ago (I think), so season 2 being around mid September is following the trend nicely.
   if ( smile != true ) {
      smile.start(PinkiePie);
   } else {
      continue;
   }
   return smile;
}

Offline infohippie

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »

I might be wrong, but I think I read on EqD or somewhere they were more like 90% done with season two. And from an interview with a voice actor I heard a while back, I believe recording the voices is pretty much the first part they do after scripts are written. So voicing season two would have been completed quite some time ago, which means it might just be correct that they're about to start recording voices for season three. I don't want to believe in it too much in case of disappointment, but it just might be true.

Spoiler for Hiden:

<3

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
They're probably closer to 60-70% done, since the production continues until December.

Offline Vinnyboiler

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »
Usually the process goes:

Concept - Storyboard - Voices - Design - Post Production - Finished Product

So I would be quite surprised if they are currently doing voices already as it would mean they are rushing the first two most important steps in animating an episode (though with everyone on the production team saying that they wished they had more times to do things, maybe I wouldn't be too surprised :P).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:59:33 PM by Vinnyboiler »

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
People behind the scenes always say they wish they had more time. That doesn't mean that Season Two is being rushed or is going to be lackluster.

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »
At this moment, there's only two things I care about regarding Season 3: 1 - For it to exist, 2 - Have the same graphics style / animation style / theme as 1 and the upcoming 2. Other than that, I don't have any worries.

Offline GabuEx

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 02:03:39 PM »
I would not exactly call that conclusive; they could very well have meant the second season.

That said, considering that Hasbro apparently approved season 2 before season 1 was even complete, I think it's safe to say that, unless season 2 completely bombs, I would consider a third season to be a reasonable expectation.  Jayson made it sound in his interview with Equestria Daily as though Hasbro is quite happy with how things have turned out, and he all but confirmed his expectation of further seasons when he said that they're pacing themselves on character development because there needs to still be things to explore beyond season 2.