October 24, 2014, 11:07:02 AM

Author Topic: My Little Pony iPad Game  (Read 19763 times)

Offline Archlyn

Re: My Little Pony iPad Game
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
I'd like to know how to farm magic shards....my town is overrun with magenta parasprites and I can't get rid of them! I just built a hospital and it has been dropping some, so maybe there's hope.

You and me both.  Still waiting for some sort of update so I can connect to friends in the game  >:(
3DS Friend Code:2766-9304-5179

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I will say I miss the old creed of Love & Tolerance, and I'm gonna keep it alive till the end.

The Last Long Night has been updated - chapter 4 is out!

My pony fiction!

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:25 PM »
I want fluttershy, but I am only level 29 . Do you have any tips to leveling up? :D
I meant level 19 you need 29 to get fluttershy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:40:44 PM by Heart891011 »

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »
I want fluttershy, but I am only level 29 . Do you have any tips to leveling up? :D

Cheat.
 :-X

I'm a bad pony...I'm at level 57 and got there by using the time cheat. I know it has been said before somewhere in the thread, but you quit the game and get into your device's settings and change the date/time. I just advance it to the next day and it works for me. Then you go collect from your shops.

One thing I have found out though is if you expand and build at a fast rate, you get a *lot* of parasprites.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:58:12 PM by Fleetfoot »

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
Cheat.
 :-X

I'm a bad pony...I'm at level 57 and got there by using the time cheat. I know it has been said before somewhere in the thread, but you quit the game and get into your device's settings and change the date/time. I just advance it to the next day and it works for me. Then you go collect from your shops.

One thing I have found out though is if you expand and build at a fast rate, you get a *lot* of parasprites.
thanks I Am on level 25 now getting closer

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »
And I pretty much quit playing today after finding out that you NEED to buy the town hall to complete the game. ::)

Really? I was lucky to have someone donate $50 to me to buy RD+Rarity (they wanted to see the ending), but now I find out that you need another 600 gems to finish the main storyline? Fuck off, Gameloft.

I'll just wait until iOS 6 gets jailbroken, and hack the game files like on the Android version.

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
 That sucks. I don't even have enough gems yet to buy Rarity...mostly because I blew what I had on the balloon game trying to win Celestia. The gems and hearts are starting to annoy the hell out of me....and they expect actual kids to be able to complete this game?

I still can't send gifts and have not found any treasure chests in my town. I've accepted all my friend requests on Gameloft live, but still can't see anyone in game or visit their towns. I keep trying, but....
 :(

Offline Archlyn

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »

I still can't send gifts and have not found any treasure chests in my town. I've accepted all my friend requests on Gameloft live, but still can't see anyone in game or visit their towns. I keep trying, but....
 :(

You too eh? Something else I ran into:  I tried to buy something (either 1.99 in gems or bits, I can't remember which) and I got to the part where you have to click "Accept and buy" but the button stayed grayed out and never became clickable. WTF?

I will say I miss the old creed of Love & Tolerance, and I'm gonna keep it alive till the end.

My pony fiction!

Offline The Regginator

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »
I stopped playing this game after 30 minutes. Just uninstalled it.
I'm going to steal the Declaration of Independence

I am Earthbound I'm an RPG I'm the second game in a set of three. 

Duck thinks you are super awesome.

Nope nope nope nope nope so much nope

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
Indeed; item costs are through the roof and it seems like I'm struggling just to make ends meet, with every single new pony purchased. But, that's just how Pay2Win mobile games are nowadays; they're not designed with fun and enjoyment in mind, they're designed with tempting people to spend money on it in mind.

Honestly, there's a million Farmville clones currently on iOS; the most popular being "Smurfs Village", and just like here, people complain that takes forever to progress without spending money on ingame currency.  :ugh:

HOW do you find the treasure chests in the game :'(

Offline Archlyn

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
Well I fially managed to see all of my friends from within the game... all of them show as "invited" so if anyone here hasn't given up on this game yet, check and see if you got an invite form me? Pretty Please>  :umifthatsokay

My pony fiction!

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »
So I'm level 60...  :-X

I've figured out the time advance cheat... But I have no elements of magic and a bazillion parasprits  :'( so annoying!

Has anyone found a fast way to get the magic elements?

« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »
Has anyone found a fast way to get the magic elements?

1. Build hospital
2. Put 3 ponies in it
3. Use 2nd option
4. Repeatedly set your device's DATE to 2 days ahead, to instantly finish the 25 hour timer

Hospital has the highest chance of dropping Magic shards, with 3 ponies and 2nd choice. Joke Shop can also drop Magic shards, but it barely ever drops them, compared to the hospital.

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
1. Build hospital
2. Put 3 ponies in it
3. Use 2nd option
4. Repeatedly set your device's DATE to 2 days ahead, to instantly finish the 25 hour timer

Hospital has the highest chance of dropping Magic shards, with 3 ponies and 2nd choice. Joke Shop can also drop Magic shards, but it barely ever drops them, compared to the hospital.

Thank you so much! Going to try that now   :)

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
I'm at a task where I have to open 5 treasure chests.  Please send me some, I haven't been getting any lately...

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »
I'm at a task where I have to open 5 treasure chests.  Please send me some, I haven't been getting any lately...

I'm pretty sure it's nonfunctional. I've added 60+ friends and haven't gotten a single treasure chest yet.

GG Gameloft, rushing out a buggy, incomplete game to the market.

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2012, 04:08:16 PM »

I found the chests to be really buggy but what worked for me is to open the social window, then go back to the main area and the chests usually pop up right after. If that doesn't work sometimes totally closing the game works.

I got all my chests by using my bf's iPad and sending them to myself over and over  ;)

P.S. 18 elements of magic so far *sigh*
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:09:05 PM by Aerel »

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:54 PM »
Why does everybody keep playing this game if they think it sucks and only exists to waste your money?

Signatures by Destinae Spark, SuperBrony6, and Salnalus. Avatar by Mariopaint. :D

You truly are the quintessential Pinkie Pie fan, your so much like her.

Bad taste in butts is unforgivable  :caramad

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
Why does everybody keep playing this game if they think it sucks and only exists to waste your money?

Because every time you try to leave
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:22:13 PM by Aerel »

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
Because every time you try to leave

I was able to leave and never come back. :-\

Signatures by Destinae Spark, SuperBrony6, and Salnalus. Avatar by Mariopaint. :D

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »
I found the chests to be really buggy but what worked for me is to open the social window, then go back to the main area and the chests usually pop up right after. If that doesn't work sometimes totally closing the game works.

I got all my chests by using my bf's iPad and sending them to myself over and over  ;)

P.S. 18 elements of magic so far *sigh*

Hey Aerel thanks so much for the tip! it werks! ive searched for 2 days tryna find out how to see and get chests. so BIG thank you

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »

I'm "everybody" now?

And I did stop playing it.

And it does exist just to waste your money, because there is literally no good way to get Gems besides buying them. And you need roughly 1400 to complete the storyline. :-\

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
I'm "everybody" now?

You're not the only one. I agree that it exists to waste money, I just don't see why anybody would play it if they think it sucks.

« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
You're not the only one. I agree that it exists to waste money, I just don't see why anybody would play it if they think it sucks.

The game itself is kinda fun, but really only for the novelty of being a "pony game". The only thing that sucks about it is the forced Pay2Win.

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
So, I used my iTunes money to by a large surplus of gems, and I played the gem balloon game, but this time, I realized you can pop an extra balloon with an additional 10 gems.  I always assumed that meant to redo everything, but I guess I was wrong.  Through it I FINALLY unlocked Snails, and with that, I felt I should buy Snips, but when I did, HOLY SHIT, Snips is freaking HUGE!  I expected him to be CMC-sized, but he's like the size of a normal pony, and because he's on the pudgy side, he actually looks much bigger!

With all the bugs and completely nonfunctional game design, plus this (and Lyra's dark eyes), I feel that Gameloft needs an update/patch, ASAP.  Which had me thinking...  If this is anything like the Zynga games, which it is, they're bound to add new storylines and task so that people who've managed to complete the current story will keep playing, right?  I wonder what they'll do next...  Probably Discord. 

Also, I'd like them to add some new ponies while they're at it.  I'd like to see Pipsqueak, the Flower Trio (Daisy, Lily, and Rose), Donut Joe, Nurse Redheart, the Spa ponies (Aloe and Lotus), Flitter, Cloudchaser, Thunderlane, Berry Punch, and Minuette.  Hey, if they can includ Luna's Royal Guard and freaking Fleetfoot from the Wonderbolts, I don't see why they can't/shouldn't.

« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »
So, I used my iTunes money to by a large surplus of gems, and I played the gem balloon game, but this time, I realized you can pop an extra balloon with an additional 10 gems.  I always assumed that meant to redo everything, but I guess I was wrong.  Through it I FINALLY unlocked Snails, and with that, I felt I should buy Snips, but when I did, HOLY SHIT, Snips is freaking HUGE!  I expected him to be CMC-sized, but he's like the size of a normal pony, and because he's on the pudgy side, he actually looks much bigger!

Yeah, Snips is normal-pony-sized as well...rather creepy, considering he's Applebloom's size, yet the CMC are all tiny size.

With all the bugs and completely nonfunctional game design, plus this (and Lyra's dark eyes), I feel that Gameloft needs an update/patch, ASAP.  Which had me thinking...  If this is anything like the Zynga games, which it is, they're bound to add new storylines and task so that people who've managed to complete the current story will keep playing, right?  I wonder what they'll do next...  Probably Discord.

One of the devs DID say/hint at the fact that they were going to add more minigames in a future patch. Someone dumped all of the audio files for the game, and there are audio files for a "drawing" minigame. (File name is "m_minigame_drawing", and it's right next to the other minigame audio files)

Also, I'd like them to add some new ponies while they're at it.  I'd like to see Pipsqueak, the Flower Trio (Daisy, Lily, and Rose), Donut Joe, Nurse Redheart, the Spa ponies (Aloe and Lotus), Flitter, Cloudchaser, Thunderlane, Berry Punch, and Minuette.  Hey, if they can includ Luna's Royal Guard and freaking Fleetfoot from the Wonderbolts, I don't see why they can't/shouldn't.

The dev also said they were planning on adding new ponies as well.

inb4 they cost shitloads of gems. :monster: