October 23, 2014, 03:36:11 AM

Author Topic: My Little Pony iPad Game  (Read 19741 times)

Offline PiratePony202

Re: My Little Pony iPad Game
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
It's really buggy. I invited like 25 people and currently only have 8 friends. :-\
Wait, you have a Gameloft account?  Or is this via Facebook?

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
You're telling me! I've finally hit the point where you need to have a friend in the game.  My account shows you're registered as a friend but every time I try to connect in the actual game itself, I get stuck in this endless "Please Log In" loops and the game swears I have no friends.

I'm having the same problem, but I'm having trouble connecting both with people that I added via gameloft as well as facebook friends. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. I see requests accepted on gameloft live, but it says "no friends" when I try to send gifts in game. I haven't been able to visit anyone's towns and have not found any treasure chests in mine...so I got frustrated and spent some of my gems to skip the task that required it.

The good news is that both the time cheat and disabling wifi to get certain ponies for bits worked for me. I was able to buy Time Turner and Soarin for bits...which makes me a very happy pony.

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »
Peoplle said they have been sending me friend requests... I cant see them!  :'(

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
...Alright, that's it, I'm using a gem to skip that dang-ass task.

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »
Celestia damn it :'( I thought my phone is going to work normally after I closed the game after yesterday's annoying experience. Wrong. My battery has been draining faster than usual. I looked at the battery usage statics, and guess what the top background process is? Obviously if I just kill it the process is just created again... not sure if disabling all notifications from the game's settings menu fixes it or I'll have to entirely uninstall it.

What... the hay... is wrong... with the person... who programmed this thing :lunaohno I'm just learning programming myself, and the mistakes I've seen here are things even I as a noob would check and not let slip past me in an application.

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »
Peoplle said they have been sending me friend requests... I cant see them!  :'(

I sent you one. It still says "request pending" or something like that on my side.

The game runs well for me and doesn't mess with my phone.   And the cheats that were mentioned earlier in the thread have worked...but now that I have all the Wonderbolts(yay!) I need to actually start doing the quests and deal with the huge parasprite problem that my town now has. No more cheating!
 :ajliar

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
Just when I thought I WOULDN'T have to use a gem to skip the task, Bean the Mouse (Derpyhoovespony) showed up as a friend, but then it turns out I can't visit his/her town because he/she "has a different game version that [me]".

SINCE WHEN WHERE THERE MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THIS GAME?!

Edit: Alright, I tried turning my iPad off then on again, and FINALLY I'm able to visit a town and leave a treasure.

The task finally complete, Spike says ""it was actually kind of fun".  Yeah, not really. >:(

Now I'm at a task where I'm required to open 3 treasure chests...  Someone else I managed to be friends with has left me a treasure chest since yesterday, so it shouldn't be that hard...  hopefully.

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
Just when I thought I WOULDN'T have to use a gem to skip the task, Bean the Mouse (Derpyhoovespony) showed up as a friend, but then it turns out I can't visit his/her town because he/she "has a different game version that [me]".

SINCE WHEN WHERE THERE MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THIS GAME?!

This means that the other person is using the Android version of the game.

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
This means that the other person is using the Android version of the game.
Well, it doesn't matter, I manged to connect to them anyway.

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
After the grief this game gave me since yesterday, I decided to actually play it for an hour today and see if the actual thing is nice. And I must say that it really is. It doesn't excuse the bad mechanics I mentioned (which can even mess up my device), but I'd lie to say the game seems anywhere near bad so far. I didn't get too far however so I don't know how much better or worse it's going to get. But it's surely not a boring kids game about solving little puzzles or dressing up ponies ( :assrrsly ) and is complex enough to be considered exciting.

One annoyance is that it seems to be getting more and more difficult as you progress. And I imagine that's because they want us to purchase the paid items. Of course the creators of this project must eat too, so I can't really complain about that. At least as long as it's actually doable at all without having to pay... in less than an year.

Another critique is that the world is always the same. Same roads, environment objects... I think this is going to bore people after they finish it first and won't want to try it out again. Would be very nice if the world could be randomized somehow, and I hope they will do this in a future update.

Overall, it is nice and I like it. I really hope they fix the menu and battery drain problems, but other than that it's nice. I totally recommend getting it :) Also connected it to my Facebook... I'm Mircea Kitsune there if anyone wishes to add.

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »
One annoyance is that it seems to be getting more and more difficult as you progress. And I imagine that's because they want us to purchase the paid items. Of course the creators of this project must eat too, so I can't really complain about that. At least as long as it's actually doable at all without having to pay... in less than an year.

It's a Pay2Win game. It's designed around being tedious and slow, and allowing you to pay real money to speed things up. It's a very, very common business strategy nowadays, especially with mobile games, and even more especially with Farmville clones like this.

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
And now, for some reason, my game can't connect to the Internet.  My iPad itself can connect just fine, I was on Safari just a second ago, but the game, nope...

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »
IDEA!

With the cheat I am going to give everyone SO MANY TREASURE CHESTS!!! (you better give me a few back xD)

I found out if you change the date insted of the time, you can play the ballon pop game!

Edit: does not work with days. CHANGE THE MONTHS!  :flamsing
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:05:31 PM by Bean The Mouse »

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
Speaking of the balloon game, have any of you managed to unlock Snails, or any of the other pony characters, in that game?  I really want to know how I can do that, or if it depends on the balloon game (the daily free one, the heart one, or the gem one).

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
Speaking of the balloon game, have any of you managed to unlock Snails, or any of the other pony characters, in that game?  I really want to know how I can do that, or if it depends on the balloon game (the daily free one, the heart one, or the gem one).

I have played the daily free one several times with the time cheat, but all I have won are bits and element shards. I tried the gem one for the first time today and won a royal guard...so I think it does depend on which game you play.

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »
I have played the daily free one several times with the time cheat, but all I have won are bits and element shards. I tried the gem one for the first time today and won a royal guard...so I think it does depend on which game you play.
Judging by the symbols on the signs over each game entrance, I'm going to assume the one with Celestia on it is the one where you can win ponies...

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »
Yeah, I've played the balloon game 100+ times now and it only gives money, shards, and rarely, a bit of EXP. I'm pretty sure you need to play the one that requires 25 gems to unlock ponies. (My friend said he won a Celestia statue from it)

HOWEVER, there is a trick to getting the ponies that require balloon pop:

-Close the game app
-Turn off all network connections, basically disconnect your device from the internet
-Open the game again
-All ponies that require the balloon pop will now be purchasable with bits!
...Except Snails, for whatever reason.

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »
...Except Snails, for whatever reason.
Yeah, that's what I mean...  I knew that for the other ponies, but this guy's giving me a hard time...  I also would rather have both Snips and Snails than just Snips...

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
IDEA!

With the cheat I am going to give everyone SO MANY TREASURE CHESTS!!! (you better give me a few back xD)

I found out if you change the date insted of the time, you can play the ballon pop game!

Edit: does not work with days. CHANGE THE MONTHS!  :flamsing

Does not work with months? I changed the years  :DD

Everypony should now have a lot of tresure chests and gifts.

« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »
Huzzah! Finally got Hoity~

Registered like 50 people as friends, and as a result, got a fuckton of heart stones. :lol:

« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2012, 12:31:28 AM »
Huzzah! Finally got Hoity~

Registered like 50 people as friends, and as a result, got a fuckton of heart stones. :lol:

How do I add people?  ???

« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
Well, fuck. On the bright side, I found a way to farm Magic shards relatively fast. On the dark side, I finally activated the last Harmony Stone...only for NMM to tell me that all the element bearers need to be present.

...meaning, I need 90 gems for Rarity and 500 gems for RD.

Scumbag Gameloft...

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2012, 03:49:07 PM »
So for some reason, I can't connect to Bean (derpyhoovespony), but I managed to add some other friends so I've managed to complete tasks through that.

Also, if you want, you can try several of the guys over at Equestria Daily, who also share similar problems:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/gameloft-my-little-pony-name-share-post.html

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »
Well, fuck. On the bright side, I found a way to farm Magic shards relatively fast. On the dark side, I finally activated the last Harmony Stone...only for NMM to tell me that all the element bearers need to be present.

...meaning, I need 90 gems for Rarity and 500 gems for RD.

Scumbag Gameloft...

They could of leas made it,for people that did not have enough money! 500 gems is like $30 bucks in real!  ::)

I know how to get some gems for free (though it takes a while)

Like the money cheat, but also gives you gems. Change the day each time and it should have a sign come up saying "Daily intake". It gives you 3 gems per 5 days. It will take ages, but the only way  :-\

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »
I'd like to know how to farm magic shards....my town is overrun with magenta parasprites and I can't get rid of them! I just built a hospital and it has been dropping some, so maybe there's hope.