October 31, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

Author Topic: Pac-Man: The Adventure Begins (TV series 2013)  (Read 1410 times)

Offline PiratePony202

Pac-Man: The Adventure Begins (TV series 2013)
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »
So I was listening to this interview with Andrea Libman (voice of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

When in the middle of it, she mentions she's working on a new Pac-man TV series.  I forget the name of the character she supposed to voice, and I also forget exactly when she said it...  Go listen to it yourself and see, because she's awesome.

Anyway, I looked it up on wikipedia, and low and behold, it turns out there is a new Pac-man TV series in the works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man:_The_Adventure_Begins

Originally slated for 2012 on Nickelodeon, now it's going to be shown on Disney XD in 2013, with 26 in production.    According to the Wikipedia, it's going to be about Pac-man's days in...

...high school...  uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... ::)

I don't know about you, but I hate shows that take place in high school, or involved high school drama.  Just never cared for it, even when I WAS in high school.  But judging by what Miss Libman said, and the subtitle of the series, I might be interested in what they do with this show...  After all, Pac-man's a pretty out-there, yet iconic, video game character, so there CAN be a lot you can do with him, if you know what to do.

Part of my hopes they use the four ghosts and the iconic music from the arcade game.

Re: Pac-Man: The Adventure Begins (TV series 2013)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »
They had a preview for this way back at E3 2010:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlegsnDJrq0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlegsnDJrq0</a>

It looks horrible.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:03:12 PM by EvilEnchantress »

Signatures by Destinae Spark, SuperBrony6, and Salnalus. Avatar by Mariopaint. :D

You truly are the quintessential Pinkie Pie fan, your so much like her.

Bad taste in butts is unforgivable  :caramad

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:12 PM »
They had a preview for this way back at E3 2010:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlegsnDJrq0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlegsnDJrq0</a>

It looks horrible.
Oh I don't know, it doesn't look SO bad...

Pac-man's voice...  It sounds like a less raspy Timmy Turner.  Isn't he supposed to be in high school?

Either way, this sounds like a pretty interesting premise.  Also, Andrea Libman, the voice of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy is going to be in this, so it's at least worth a look!

Also, they TOTALLY use the classic arcade music!  AWESOME!

Truro

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:48:51 AM »
I'm interested in this. I have hazey memories of the old Hanna Barbera Pac Man cartoon.

Come to think about it, how long has it been since we've had a western animated cartoon based on a video game? Last one I can remember was Donkey Kong Country.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:56:53 AM »
So the 1982 cartoon witch bombed pretty much because it was pretty horrible back than. Now 30 years later they're making it even more shitty. Wow they should of let it die and stay dead.

Offline Supernova

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »
...Waiting for my Oregon Trail TV show.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »
I do kinda like the graphics somewhat. They're okay not the best I've seen.

Ponymian Rhapsody

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
Huh.  Um, okay.  I can't say I'm a very big Pac-man fan.  As for him being in high school, uuuhhh, well Pac-Man didn't really have a premise besides eating ghosts so I can't say it's doesn't befit the character.  I dunno, is Pac-Man still popular?

Hehe.

Offline Supernova

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:45:49 PM »
A few years ago there was this really fun Pac-Man Platformer...there was also another game with Namco characters.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4zU20y8kg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4zU20y8kg</a>

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
And since we're at it there was actually a Pac-Man Movie that came out four years ago. And it was horrible. And not sure if he is still popular or not. He hasn't been mentioned in decades.

Offline PirateCat

• Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer.
  • 9999999999 bits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To PirateCat
  • Oh, oh, purr, purr, do that, yes, that be nice...
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »
Ugh, I don't like it already, it lost me with Pac-Man in high school. Guess that's where he found out about the power pills?

Yes! "As we start this episode, McMonkeyNUTZ has declared that the party will be on starvation rations as they set their grueling pace onwards. Meanwhile Boobies mourns the death of dumbface to dysentry."

Or at least, those were the gist of the most common names I saw back when we played it on the old IIg's back in elementary school.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

Offline Pierce

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h71tDEpfC8M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h71tDEpfC8M</a>

If this isn't in it, then it will suck.  :lol:
THERE'S FAR TOO MANY CUPCAKES IN THE UNIVERSE.
Ask me some questions?

Offline keobas

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 06:31:51 AM »
The school setting is what turning me off, everything else i can learned to like

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 06:43:50 AM »
Both shows are awful. The old one wasn't good at all. And now this bright colored vomit is being made. If it where not set in a school than yeah I would like it a bit.

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
I am actually kinda eager for this show.

I remember enjoying the Hanna Barbera show and today has some kind of campy value to me.

This ones I must admit that I like the personality that was given to Pac-Man.

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »
the hanabarbara cartoon was terrible, then again most of their shows (that are either rip-offs or cartoon adaptations) were pretty bad

Alright Ponies, give me your treasures.

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
Well I like the ghost but everything well is just  ::)

I admit they don't exactly have a lot to work with from the sourse matterial but still, the underworld and the ghosts and the backstory all seemed cool but the good guys just seemed stupied and the the highschool setting doesn't even make sense, I'm why his Pac-Man still in highschool?   :-\

I'm probably going to give this a miss.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »
Yeah that is true. Back than they have very little to work with so you can't be to hard on the old one.

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »
Could this be something to give the Atari 2600 Pac-Man a run for its money in crapiness?
Ponies are too awesome!

Offline Dashell

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
You know I remember cartoons based on video games growing up having something to do with the game itself.  I mean I realize PacMan never had much of a plot but surely they can do more than "PacMan goes to school lol!"... I mean what?  Are the ghosts bullies or something?

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »
@Dashell I think there might be not to sure if there are or aren't any Ghost Bullies. If there are than that is pretty lame if you as me. And this show is not getting my attention at all.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »
You know I remember cartoons based on video games growing up having something to do with the game itself.  I mean I realize PacMan never had much of a plot but surely they can do more than "PacMan goes to school lol!"... I mean what?  Are the ghosts bullies or something?

No that's the weird thing, the ghosts are supose to be this evil race that was defeated and banished the the underworld or something and now they are ghosts.  It has nothing to do with the highschool setting, it's like they where made for a completely differant show.  ???

I mean how does that happen, "Ok guys, we're making a new Pac-Man show so how are we doing this thing?" "That if he's a teenager in highschool and he's got to learn from this old guy about how to battle evil?" "That's great but well need villains.  What where those things in the old game that chased Pac-Man around?" "Ghosts.  O.M.G (yeah who ever thought this made sense would actually spell OMG out when the said it) what if the ghosts where an evil race of creatures that tried to take over the world centures ago and where banished to the underworld turning them into ghost and now they have escaped to rule the world as undead overlords for all eternity" "MY GOD, THAT'S GENIUS!  And it ties in perfectly with the fact that the hero is still a highschool studant"  :P

Yeah...what!  >:(

Offline PiratePony202

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
From the looks of it, the ghosts are part of this group of aliens that aim to take possession of the inhabitants of Pac-Man's planet.  As for the main 4 ghosts, you briefly see them, but they don't seem particularly antagonistic...

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »
From the looks of it, the ghosts are part of this group of aliens that aim to take possession of the inhabitants of Pac-Man's planet.  As for the main 4 ghosts, you briefly see them, but they don't seem particularly antagonistic...

I'm guessing the main 4 ghosts are going to be comic releaf villains since we see the head ghost and all the other ghosts being more-or-less profesional about the whole attacking the world thing.