13 (56.5%)
About average
5 (21.7%)
Could have been a lot better
1 (4.3%)
JFC!  This episode sucks!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: 1x13 - Fall Weather Friends  (Read 9357 times)

February 03, 2011, 12:15:18 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXNBLGJBCg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVXNBLGJBCg</a>

I thought this was a pretty funny episode.  Pinkie Pie really stole the show with her crazy announcing.  I love how she confused Spike with her speech about fudge.

Spike: So... no fudge?   :D

And the bit about Applejack stealing some little cat's PJs was funny too XD

Rainbow Dash can be pretty damn headstrong but I think that's one of the things I like about her so much.  You can also see Derpy make a few appearances in this episode as well.  Over all good episode, what did you guys all think?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:49:12 AM by The Derpy One »

February 04, 2011, 09:25:34 PM
Reply #1
Heh.  Rainbow Dash and Applejack were headache inducing annoying.  Twilight reminded me of myself in this one, in regards to races.  (I've yet to win anything, though.)

February 05, 2011, 01:58:19 AM
Reply #2
I liked it, even though I don't care for Dash too much. >__<

When I watched this with my sister, and we played "Lets find Derpy in the background" game, we managed to find her a lot.

February 05, 2011, 07:22:55 PM
Reply #3
It's a drinking game, every time you see Derpy, take a drink :P

February 06, 2011, 12:33:21 AM
Reply #4
That should be added to this, then:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Too bad I don't drink.  ::)

February 07, 2011, 03:46:34 PM
Reply #5
Yes, but I do. :)

Too bad I don't think I could get my friends to watch this show with me, though. lol

February 07, 2011, 08:31:34 PM
Reply #6
Ths is one of my favorite episodes, but I have to say, I found Rainbow Dash insufferable in this one. Seriously, using her flight as an advantage in ground-based events? No wonder Applejack got pissed. I actually found myself siding with Applejack almost 100% on this one. Stuff like tug-a-war isn't fair if the other person takes to the sky. It'd be like bringing a rocket launcher to target practice and being announced the winner for obliterating your target even though you're supposed to be using bows and arrows and your opponent put the majority of his/hers arrows through the center of their targets.

I also found Applejack to have the best reasons for wanting to go to the Gala.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

February 07, 2011, 08:35:42 PM
Reply #7
I also found Applejack to have the best reasons for wanting to go to the Gala.
So did I!

February 07, 2011, 08:39:18 PM
Reply #8
Absolutely. I frankly don't see what made the decision difficult for Twilight. Let's go through the motives:

Applejack: Wanting to raise money to pay for hip-replacement surgery so that her ailing grandma can get around better and to improve her land and her family's livelihood in general.
Rarity: Unrealistic fairytale dream.
Rainbow Dash: Unrealistic fantasy dream.
Fluttershy: cute animals!
Pinkie Pie: games

Frankly, this would not have been difficult for me, even if my other friends got pissed about the decision. Oh well, since they're all going, I guess the problem was solved. Now I just hope the others don't screw it up for Applejack now that they're all going. I can see Dash or Pinkie accidentally knocking over the cart and crushing the merchandise.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:49:53 PM by WeirdRaptor »
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

February 07, 2011, 08:41:44 PM
Reply #9
speaking of which if this current episode did anything it kind of got rid of the idea that Rarity is a gold digger didn't it?

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 08:42:46 PM
Reply #10
By showing us that she's a legit hard worker? Oh, yeah! No doubt.

February 07, 2011, 08:49:20 PM
Reply #11
Absolutely. I frankly don't see what made the decision difficult for Twilight. Let's go through the motives:

Applejack: Wanting to raise money to pay for hip-replacement surgery to that her ailing grandma can get around better and to improve her land and her family's livelihood in general.
Rarity: Unrealistic fairytale dream.
Rainbow Dash: Unrealistic fantasy dream.
Fluttershy: cute animals!
Pinkie Pie: games

Frankly, this would not have been difficult for me, even if my other friends got pissed about the decision. Oh well, since they're all going, I guess the problem was solved. Now I just hope the others don't screw it up for Applejack now that they're all going. I can see Dash or Pinkie accidentally knocking over the cart and crushing the merchandise.

Nothing to say except YES!

February 07, 2011, 09:13:58 PM
Reply #12
On the topic of Fair Weather Friends, does anyone else find it kind of odd that the ponies seem to managed every stage of the climate changes? They cleared out the Winter instead of naturally letting it come, and they also ran through the woods with the express purpose of knocking the dead leaves down. Huh?

February 07, 2011, 09:15:43 PM
Reply #13
Makes you wonder how they bring about summer. But I guess that's more celestia's job.

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 09:19:19 PM
Reply #14
Oh yeah, what with her being the Sun spirit? A bit of revelation just hit me. If Celestia handles the Sun and Luna the Moon, then I guess it kind of makes sense that the regular ponies take care of the earth below. Wow. Faust really put some thought into this.

February 07, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
Reply #15
Oh yeah, what with her being the Sun spirit? A bit of revelation just hit me. If Celestia handles the Sun and Luna the Moon, then I guess it kind of makes sense that the regular ponies take care of the earth below. Wow. Faust really put some thought into this.

Lol I was totally about to explain it but then you figured it out XD *gives you a cookie*

February 07, 2011, 09:27:30 PM
Reply #16
You have to admit though it's no wonder Luna went nuts. I mean just powering the moon has to feel like a very useless job.

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 10:21:00 PM
Reply #17
Yay! Cookie! To be fair about the job of powering the moon, it DOES control the tides and keep them in order so that there aren't always tidal waves and such and so that sea level stays where it is (at sea, not where we stand). But yeah, it does souns like a thankless job. Perhaps the ponies could have a festival for the longest night of the year for her, possibly.

February 07, 2011, 10:35:08 PM
Reply #18
Yay! Cookie! To be fair about the job of powering the moon, it DOES control the tides and keep them in order so that there aren't always tidal waves and such and so that sea level stays where it is (at sea, not where we stand). But yeah, it does souns like a thankless job. Perhaps the ponies could have a festival for the longest night of the year for her, possibly.

Though compared to everything celestia can do with the sun. Controlling the tides doesn't seem all that satisfying a power.

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
Reply #19
Though compared to everything celestia can do with the sun. Controlling the tides doesn't seem all that satisfying a power.

Well, the moon does light up the night so critters of the night can see- and I think certain flowers only bloom at night :D

February 07, 2011, 10:41:01 PM
Reply #20
I for one, stay up at night so Luna and I would get along quite well ^_^

February 07, 2011, 10:47:37 PM
Reply #21
I for one, stay up at night so Luna and I would get along quite well ^_^

You know I always wondered if maybe when Luna sleeps during the day if she has telepathic dreams where she can see everything that happens to everyone in Equestria during the day from the comfort of her own bed... But if that were the cse then why would Twilight need to send letters to Celestia since she would have the same power?

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 11:14:18 PM
Reply #22
More good questions. Yeah, it's no longer Luna went nuts. A thankless job which she does at times of the day on which everyone is asleep and doesn't stop to appreciate the night she creates. Sheesh. Well, I guess somebody's gotta do it, though.

February 07, 2011, 11:19:36 PM
Reply #23
nah I think of it more as Celestia saying. Look at me I control the seasons, the weather, even the inhabitants of equestria themselves, and all you command is a giant rock in the sky.

No wonder Luna saw red.

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 11:21:16 PM
Reply #24
Bring awfully hard on Celestia, aren't you?