Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: My Little PDFs: Fanfiction is Magic  (Read 3538 times)

April 09, 2012, 12:55:29 AM
Short Story: Nicely-formatted, e-reader friendly PDFs of pony fanfiction.

Long Story: Nicely-formatted, e-reader friendly PDFs of pony fanfiction, updated intermittently whenever I discover something that looks interesting.

You can either find them on Google Documents, sorted by author, or you can browse the following alphabetical index.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If you notice any formatting errors, gross mistakes, or stories in need of updating, please let me know so I can fix them. Or, if you're the original author and don't want me to host a copy of your works, feel free to tell me and I'll take them down. Enjoy!

Recent Updates
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:54:12 AM by Starflower Hooves »
The moral of the story is a valid one: If your observations don't match your theories for how the world works, then it is your theories that are wrong, not the world. Twilight spends most of the episode trying prove that her way is right, ignoring the reality right in front of her. Seriously, the girl needs her scientist license revoked for that.

June 01, 2012, 10:09:25 PM
Reply #1
Added Sunny Skies All Day Long. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to reading it.

:'(
The moral of the story is a valid one: If your observations don't match your theories for how the world works, then it is your theories that are wrong, not the world. Twilight spends most of the episode trying prove that her way is right, ignoring the reality right in front of her. Seriously, the girl needs her scientist license revoked for that.

June 04, 2012, 08:04:34 AM
Reply #2
Added Sunny Skies All Day Long. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to reading it.

:'(

It was the first story I ever "Faved" in the fandom.

I would be honored if you'd consider doing some of mine. I have some fics on the "Recommended Reading List" on TVTropes, three six-star stories on Equestria Daily and I've made three trips to the "Featured Bar"on FIMFiction with three others. If you'd be interested in a link let me know...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:05:12 AM by The Descendant »

June 04, 2012, 03:47:01 PM
Reply #3
Certainly! Might I say that I loved Variables? Contemplative Spike is best Spike. ;)

Are there any particular stories of yours you'd like me to convert, or would you like me to make a full collection of your works like I have for Pen Stroke and Batty Gloom?

June 04, 2012, 06:36:19 PM
Reply #4
Certainly! Might I say that I loved Variables? Contemplative Spike is best Spike. ;)

Are there any particular stories of yours you'd like me to convert, or would you like me to make a full collection of your works like I have for Pen Stroke and Batty Gloom?

I would be even more honored if you would consider doing all of them, but I've written a lot more stories than most authors in the fandom. I wouldn't want you to get tired of doing my works, so if you'd like to pick and choose from any of the stories on my FIMFiction page please feel free. The only thing I ask is that you wait for a few weeks before adding A Sweet Taste of Cake, as I'm doing a fine-sweep of it at the moment.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:37:00 PM by The Descendant »

July 12, 2012, 03:54:42 PM
Reply #5
The Selected Works of The Descendant are now available. Apologies for the wait, everypony. :-X

August 19, 2012, 10:00:08 PM
Reply #6
With the addition of Fluttershy Wishes, the "Selected Works of Pen Stroke and Batty Gloom" has grown too large for me to maintain, so I have split it up into individual stories. This actually works better, I think, given the lengthy nature of many of them.

They are still listed under either "Batty Gloom", "Pen Stroke", or "Pen Stroke and Batty Gloom" as appropriate, of course.

October 10, 2012, 01:37:19 AM
Reply #7
If you read one scary pony story for this coming Halloween, read ACT OF WILL. This is an official recommendation, brought to you by me.

*SERIOUS PONY FACE*

October 13, 2012, 02:31:05 PM
Reply #8
If you read one scary pony story for this coming Halloween, read ACT OF WILL. This is an official recommendation, brought to you by me.

*SERIOUS PONY FACE*

Interesting... and what are the characteristics of said fic that make it worth our perusal, Star?

October 14, 2012, 12:37:29 AM
Reply #9
Interesting... and what are the characteristics of said fic that make it worth our perusal, Star?

It's morbid and creepifying, and it does it quiet-like, as to not spook your cattle. :o

Well, it succeeded in making me shiver, at least. And it's a marvelous (yet short) crossover.

October 26, 2012, 12:57:17 AM
Reply #10
Added The Flight of the Alicorn, which I haven't even read yet but can still tell is epic. I don't usually hold interest in romances, but look at that cover artwork. Just look at it!