Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x26 - The Best Night Ever  (Read 16788 times)

May 06, 2011, 08:29:43 PM
Reply #50
Yep, i would also like to see that.

May 06, 2011, 08:39:10 PM
Reply #51
Oh how I wish Buxy (the artist who drew pony Draggle) had a working tablet again.  I'd love to see what kind of style she would put my broken-horned unicorn in for the Gala.

Oh! I'd love to see pony Draggle in a Gala dress. I'd do it myself but I am no good at designing outfits.

May 06, 2011, 08:40:23 PM
Reply #52
Forgot to mention... The Pony Pokey song and montage scene was epic in general!

May 06, 2011, 08:41:09 PM
Reply #53
Forgot to mention... The Pony Pokey song and montage scene was epic in general!

Loved the pinkie song.

May 06, 2011, 08:41:44 PM
Reply #54
Oh! I'd love to see pony Draggle in a Gala dress. I'd do it myself but I am no good at designing outfits.

She'd do her yearly hair-washing for the Gala, too.

May 06, 2011, 08:43:14 PM
Reply #55
Draggle in FiM, that would be pretty cool.  I'd love to see that.  haha.

May 06, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
Reply #56
And so we reached the season finale and I was blown away! They did a really great great great job!

I just loved it.

My jaws dropped 10 feet high in the Gala song. I mean come on, that was Disney quality song! Not a lot of TV series put so much energy and enthusiasm on one song.

And yeah, I get those days where things doesn't go as planned.... just wish that I had more friends like them. But the payback was great. Twilight will have sore arms for days, Applejack is still poor, Rainbow Dash didn't get the attention she deserved, poor Rarity had to cope with that jerk (yes, what a jerk he was), Pinkie didn't got her best target audience, and I swear that Fluttershy was about to become Sakura from Naruto (I was expecting her to yell "Shaneroo!"). Oh yeah, I loved the Cinderella references and twists.

I must admit, my favorite joke was when they talked about clothing when they practically don't wear anything. Reminded me of a joke in Friends.

I just loved every minute. For a finale, it was great. So now the ponies deserve a rest. Good job.

May 06, 2011, 09:49:57 PM
Reply #57
someone will have fun writing down the song

NOT!

:P

May 06, 2011, 09:56:19 PM
Reply #58
You know what's kinda funny. One thing I did to pass the time was see Tiny Toons Spring Break for the first time on Youtube and in it there was the crazy evil Elmyra. In a way, Fluttershy basically got a side of that evil Elmyra with the chasing the animals that wouldn't stay to be near Fluttershy for an hour (Applejack did say no other sales in 60 minutes, so although it looked like she quickly snapped being an only 22-minute show Fluttershy has been trying to chase those animals for an entire hour so it might be understandable at that time that she went crazy.

May 06, 2011, 10:51:26 PM
Reply #59
Luna not appearing easily makes sense honestly. A friend suggested Celestia probably told her not to bother going, because of how boring it is.

before said friend mentioned that, I said it's probably not her kind of scene anyways.

May 06, 2011, 10:57:30 PM
Reply #60
Luna not appearing easily makes sense honestly. A friend suggested Celestia probably told her not to bother going, because of how boring it is.

I really like that take on it. So much Celestia/Luna trolling/hate out there it's nice to have a theory supporting some sisterly affection.

May 06, 2011, 10:58:15 PM
Reply #61
Eh, if that's the case, I don't think Luna should be so antisocial.  She is a princess-goddess, after all.  Showing up would have been plain polite.

May 06, 2011, 11:01:33 PM
Reply #62
Eh, if that's the case, I don't think Luna should be so antisocial.  She is a princess-goddess, after all.  Showing up would have been plain polite.

True. But, I'd be anti-social too if I were locked away on my own for 1000 years. Also, there's the whole "I tried to rule you all in eternal night" thing that might make things awkwaaaaard.  :monster:

May 06, 2011, 11:01:46 PM
Reply #63
Well, not the best episode, but perfectly acceptable as a season finisher.

Canterlot was beautiful...it was almost, almost, almost as I pictured it.

Prince Dopeslap there was a jerk. I'm glad we can finally be done with him.

The hard part for me was watching all of them become so disappointed. They fought so hard to make what they wanted to happen happen that they didn't stand any real chance of enjoying themselves. It hurt watching their expectations being shattered. I think A.J.'s was worst...no new hip for Granny Smith.

Was this the first episode that didn't end with a letter being written or implying that it would be written?

May 06, 2011, 11:14:09 PM
Reply #64
The hard part for me was watching all of them become so disappointed. They fought so hard to make what they wanted to happen happen that they didn't stand any real chance of enjoying themselves. It hurt watching their expectations being shattered. I think A.J.'s was worst...no new hip for Granny Smith.

That was hard for me to watch, too.  Poor ponies.  I told myself Celestia bought all of the rest of Applejack's food, for justice's sake. 

May 06, 2011, 11:22:02 PM
Reply #65
Celestia can greet them just fine. Either way, it's not like anypony can say shit if neither of them did, since they're the top rulers.

May 06, 2011, 11:25:25 PM
Reply #66
Sure, but I think the whole Nightmare Moon doomsday is all the more reason Luna ought to be greeting her subjects.  "Hi, I'm nice", you know?  Celestia can greet them all herself just fine, yes, but again, it would also just have been polite for Luna to show up and help.

May 06, 2011, 11:37:47 PM
Reply #67
Nice references to Cinderella at the start and FlutterNutter was great to see too!

Poor Rarity, finding out the stallion of her dreams is a complete Foalist, though.

Overall, I was satisfied and have high hopes for the next season!
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

May 07, 2011, 12:27:22 AM
Reply #68
The animals had it easy there. Should they had got some eye contact with Fluttershy, they'd be good as condemned

"I'm gonna love and tolerate the shit out of you" lol

Loved the episode, every single second of it. Too bad Canterlot is not as you pictured it Descy, I ran up with better luck there, being pretty much the same as the Canterlot in my mind (except for the gardens, there are more green areas than what I expected)

Thank goodness I still haven't planned an appearance for Prince Douchebag. Heck, I would even consider "Blueblood" and "Astron" two completely different stallions...lol. Ah, the issues of being part of royalty without any of its responsibilities

Also liked how The Wonderbolts turned out to be quite nice. Hanging with stars like them in such a public place, however, is definitely not what most expect it to be. I know that by experience (both fan and star sides), and it's nowhere close to a "great experience"

And finally, love how Celestia takes her duties seriously, yet still showing how disappointed was to not have enough time for Twilight. She doesn't even like all that "fro-froey" stuff, prefering to hang out with the mane cast

10/10 in my opinion. Too bad this is also the last bit of ponies we're having til december. Nothing to do but to start creating some more content!
Pony Emblem Official Website

Pony Emblem Twitter: #ponyemblem

May 07, 2011, 01:38:35 AM
Reply #69
I'm going to be lazy and wait for the higher quality uploads to start coming in.

Hopefully with the end of the season, merchandise will start to happen. I want my plushies, darn it. >:(

May 07, 2011, 02:57:31 AM
Reply #70
This episode was greated and a good way how to finish the 1 season.
I loved everything about this episode and raging fluttershy was epic , but i stay at insane Pinkie

And i cant wait for season 2 .Was a bit disappointed me that we didn't see Luna.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:57:50 AM by Swifter »

May 07, 2011, 04:22:21 AM
Reply #71
It was a bit of a disappointment, but only because my expectations were through the roof.
It was still an excellent episode and a great end to the season, just it seemed to be over too quickly.
All of the other episodes felt half an hour long, this one seems about a quarter of an hour.
But it was still pretty good. The first song when they enter the Grand Galloping Gala was at the same level of awesomeness as Winter Wrap Up IMO. I'll be listening to it for months to come.
Oh, and this episodes shows why you shouldn't mess with Fluttershy.

Overall, not as good as I was expecting, but I was expecting sheer perfection which is impossible even for this show.
Can't wait for Season 2.

And knowing is half the battle!

GI JOOOOOOOOOE

May 07, 2011, 06:31:58 AM
Reply #72
I love it whenever they act like horses and it was pretty funny to see them forget what they are at the very beginning of the episode.

May 07, 2011, 08:47:16 AM
Reply #73
That was hard for me to watch, too.  Poor ponies.  I told myself Celestia bought all of the rest of Applejack's food, for justice's sake.

Well one of the Wonderbolts bought a whole pie. So yay, Wonderbolts!

May 07, 2011, 09:22:54 AM
Reply #74
When they turned mouses / rats what ever into "real" horses it was cool... when they are (horses) ponies themself. lol