Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x26 - The Best Night Ever  (Read 16796 times)

May 05, 2011, 04:29:33 PM
I just wanted to start an episode thread for once.  Discussion commences tomorrow!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:44:04 AM by The Derpy One »

May 05, 2011, 04:35:28 PM
Reply #1
Um, okay.

I might miss this one, or at least the ending of it.  There's a 30 minute gap between the time this episode ends and the time I need to clock in at work tomorrow, and it usually takes me about 28 minutes to get to work.  I need to wake up real early tomorrow which relies heavily on my alarm clock doing its job (which is a rare event).

May 05, 2011, 04:53:35 PM
Reply #2
Wow, we're making a thread the day before the episode? Guess it IS a special occasion, after all! Here's to the end of the season, let it be a good one!

May 05, 2011, 04:54:58 PM
Reply #3
Too chicken (Or should I say Scootaloo) to race for it tomorrow eh? (just kidding) And Scootaloo too I guess...maybe... nah I'm kidding, Scoots is cool

I'll just repost this thing I said at the List of Episodes thread though for something.

We all know almost everybody has high expectations for this Season Finale tomorrow and most likely for the most part it could be correct. However if something is disappointing about it, the fans would be experiencing the exact same thing with the main cast having high expectations for the Gala. Which could be ironically cool. Not that I don't want it to be an absolute great episode, but for anyone disappointed with the Finale people can say they experienced the same thing the cast did in-episode.

May 05, 2011, 07:50:51 PM
Reply #4
This should be one of the best episodes ever, right?

They saved best for last, I also shall patiently wait for the next season.

May 05, 2011, 09:43:09 PM
Reply #5
I'm excited for this episode yet anxious for the end of the season. It's bittersweet but worth it none the less!  :monster:

May 05, 2011, 10:29:16 PM
Reply #6
It's called 'jumping the gun.'

The official discussion should start after some have actually seen the episode, at least.
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

May 05, 2011, 11:14:38 PM
Reply #7
The the episode title being "The Best Night Ever", I expect wonderful magical friendship things to happen.

deviantART: segamew.deviantart.com
eCrater Store: segamew.ecrater.com

May 06, 2011, 04:31:29 AM
Reply #8
I think tis will B a FUUcking EPiC Episode, but rather early starting a damn thread :3 I wasn't given a chance creating a thread.... :( I will NEVER BE  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

But yeah, CANT WAAAAIT , Will just start loving SkodaPonies until the Next Season starts :3

May 06, 2011, 06:33:58 AM
Reply #9
I'm definitely gonna watch this episode whenever someone posts it up later today. Gonna make this one the best. :D

May 06, 2011, 10:44:25 AM
Reply #10
So many conflicting emotions! We want to see this, but it IS the final new episode for months!
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

May 06, 2011, 01:02:25 PM
Reply #11
Cinderella ref for the win!!

That was quite an epic musical number there....It makes sense to be so grand scale though, for 2 reasons. Amazing thing that we got 2 songs. All of the situations were quite interesting, and i was taken aback that even Fluttershy's time at the Gala itself was so hard pressed, and..it looked like she could potentially go psycho too...O.O

Oh yeah..I think you've had enough..lol. First the salt, and now donuts.

May 06, 2011, 01:03:05 PM
Reply #12
Nowhere near as good as last week's episode, but Fluttershy was so boss XD

...NO MORE PONIES!!
What will I do with myself? DX

Naaaaww I was so nearly first related comment! :P

May 06, 2011, 01:05:34 PM
Reply #13
Oh my this was a pretty great episode

Trying my best to remember here... Pinkie's hair was straight for a few seconds but not out of any mood at the start. Twilight changing mice into horses and an Apple to a carriage ala Cinderella. Rainbow with a fangirl Squeal

But with actually the one thing that I remember most with the first time viewing

ABSOLUTELY INSANE FLUTTERSHY

Also Celestia basically trolled the entire Gala by inviting the cast. How funny
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:14:18 PM by Northern Verve »

May 06, 2011, 01:29:49 PM
Reply #14
My dad has THE worst timing ever! I literally just sat down to watch the stream when he decides to send me off to the village to get some french fries for our tea (aka dinner to most)! Still, I managed to catch a repeat right from just before the song began. Pretty interesting episode alright, but I'll judge the quality better when I can watch the whole thing in HD. Crazy Fluttershy is crazy, dear god!  ???

I like that someone on /co/ called Prince Blueblood, "Prince Chucklefuck"! Describes him perfectly, Rarity is too good for him!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:55:06 PM by Blokeman »

May 06, 2011, 02:10:05 PM
Reply #15
Oh hey!  Oh hey!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNjpETZU7-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNjpETZU7-g</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGwBrjRB74I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGwBrjRB74I</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ngb3_OGtkk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ngb3_OGtkk</a>

Lackluster quality, but HEY, there it IS!  =D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:25:13 PM by Draggle »

May 06, 2011, 02:12:09 PM
Reply #16
If the quality is exactly the same as the stream, I'll wait a wee bit longer.  :monster: I like how Celestia is all enthusiastic just when the mane cast are talking about her bad their nights were, she seems a pretty cheerful character overall to be honest!

May 06, 2011, 02:12:19 PM
Reply #17
Im watching it on youtube now! gotta wonder if they got the song "The Gala" from the play Into the Woods...

May 06, 2011, 02:15:59 PM
Reply #18
Wooooooooooooooooo The episode is today *really happy* CANT WAIIT :D

I hope it will be early on YouTube :D

Edit: oh it's already here... started watching, but ehh, I'll just be patient ^^ thank youuuuuuuuuuuu DRAGGLE !!!!!!!!!! :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:22:23 PM by Derpy Hooves »

May 06, 2011, 02:21:26 PM
Reply #19
If the quality is exactly the same as the stream, I'll wait a wee bit longer.  :monster: I like how Celestia is all enthusiastic just when the mane cast are talking about her bad their nights were, she seems a pretty cheerful character overall to be honest!

Well to be honest when you've probably lived for centuries and your generally someone with tons of knowledge, experience, and of a nice personality your going to be pretty fine every day. Though now I wonder if I should feel bad for her now that she had to go through probably thousands of boring galas. Makes me want somebody to make a fic of a Young Celestia that tries to spice up a party way back in the past though eventually she learns that's how the galas work and as being the the future goddess of Equestria (With the fact that Celestia has once been young, I'm kind of thinking that whoever came before them had a time where they had to be called onto the Pony equivalent of Heaven while giving Celestia and Luna the control for centuries) had to accept that she'd have to deal with some of that.

May 06, 2011, 02:26:21 PM
Reply #20
The quality on these videos does improve after the theme song, so you know. 

I have no idea what's up with the ending NorixWolf gave.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:36:33 PM by Draggle »

May 06, 2011, 02:53:59 PM
Reply #21
Okay draggle I'm stumped. Just who is that person in your avatar? I thought I'd figure it out by now but I just don't know.

Anyways on to the episode and OMG it was the best episode... Well I don't want to say ever but it's pretty darn close.

I love how Trollestia pretty much WANTED them to wreck the gala since even she admitted that's why she invited them in the first place.. :lol:

Prince Blueblood was everything I expected EXCEPT he didn't have a Thurston Howell the III voice. What the heck Lauren? :-\ But on the plus side it made for some pretty funny moments with Rarity. Especially when he uses her as a freakin' shield when the cake is "COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!"  :lol:

Evil Fluttershy was definitely one of the high points of the episode. Especially her maniacal laugh and her "LOVE MEEEEEEEEEE!" line :lol:

I'm sorry but the whole Rainbow Dash thing was pathetic though.  :(

Of course Pinkie was adorable and her song was great. Those snooty patoties just don't know how to have a good time. But really Pinkie you should have brought DJ P3NY or at least she should have been there. By the way was Derpy there?

and lets just say all the cinderella undertones were hilarious. Especially Rarity's glass slipper moment.

and well not to get too much into shipping but I'm convinced that Twilight x Celestia is canon. Twi wants to be around the princess WAAAAAAAAAY more than is probably healthy. Especially when she wants to be "alone" with her. Wonder how long she's been dreaming of that?

Too bad we didn't get to see Luna though.

Oh and well Applejack... Well she was pretty forgettable. Though I have to admit blueblood was right. It's not very appropriate to sell carny food at an upper class function.

and spike getting drunk on donuts. Oh man I will never forget that. :lol:

Overall Celestia-tier episode.

BANNED

May 06, 2011, 02:57:12 PM
Reply #22
I wonder what the fandom will name the Donut-making Pony at the end.

May 06, 2011, 03:19:33 PM
Reply #23
I wonder what the fandom will name the Donut-making Pony at the end.

Dunkin

BANNED

May 06, 2011, 03:43:53 PM
Reply #24
A good way to end the season.

* Loved the Cinderella references, how it turned out to be far easier to hire some ponies to pull the carriage rather than turn mice into horses and seeing Rarity smash her glass slipper
* Loved that Hayseed Pony returned
* Loved seeing the psycho side of Fluttershy for once
* Loved seeing Spike drunk off donuts
* Pinkie Pie makes any party great
* AJ, you may not have sold too well, but at least one of the Wonderbolts loved your pie, so that's gotta count for something

Also this episode pretty much proved that Celestia is Equestria's biggest troll.

Okay draggle I'm stumped. Just who is that person in your avatar? I thought I'd figure it out by now but I just don't know.

It's Draggle from the MLP Movie.