Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x25 - Party of One  (Read 21937 times)

October 12, 2013, 09:18:43 PM
Reply #200
Maybe it's also because I feel, as Pinkie Pie's friends, they should KNOW that she spontaneously throws parties on the fly, and should have prepared for something like this,

Not to mention that it was her birthday. Seriously, where would they get the completely demented idea that someone would not have something planned for their own birthday? Even people who don't spontaneously throw parties on the fly tend to have some plans made on such a day.

In fact, it just now strikes me as extremely strange that the friends were not offended in the slightest when it was the night before Pinkie's birthday, and she had not yet invited any of them to her birthday party. Did they simply assume that she, of all ponies, was not going to hold one?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:22:18 PM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

November 22, 2014, 09:48:59 PM
Reply #201
                                                                      :vsohhaidere
Let's face facts, if we did not have Party Of One we would not have Cupcakes and to be honest, that fan fiction is really not that bad... better than Sonic.EXE anyways, let's talk about this episode as said by TheMysteriousMrEnter
Pinkie Pie would not forget her own birthday but I buy it. I mean I buy it because she is too busy planning other ponies parties.

(Tell me your opinions below)
 :ppyoumakemmemad :ppyoumakemmemad :ppyoumakemmemad :ppyoumakemmemad :ppyoumakemmemad

November 22, 2014, 10:56:14 PM
Reply #202
Let's face facts, if we did not have Party Of One we would not have Cupcakes

Um, yes we would. Not even a doubt about it.

Cupcakes came out before "Party Of One" aired.

(This Equestria Daily post from February 2011 references Cupcakes as a well-known thing. The original airing of "Party of One" was in late April 2011).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:53:27 AM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

November 23, 2014, 03:17:36 AM
Reply #203
Um, yes we would. Not even a doubt about it.

Cupcakes cake out before "Party Of One" aired.

(This Equestria Daily post from February 2011 references Cupcakes as a well-known thing. The original airing of "Party of One" was in late April 2011).
I belive this is a a factor in why Cupcakes got popular in the first place, come to think of it.
"WRITERS MADE PINKIE A CANABLE CANON!!!" sorta thing.

... Also Cupcakes is pretty terrible, especially if you read the original, unedited version.

Though but seriously, great episode, one of those episodes where you can tell you're watching a S1 episode.
Hard to really talk about it though, it's probably been discussed more than 80% of the entire show.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 23, 2014, 10:07:17 AM
Reply #204
Cupcakes is so ...... vague in its details.  It reads like a valley girl recaping its own story.  And then, like, Pinkie Pie cut off Dash's wings and it was totally bloody, y'know.  And Dash was all in pain and Pinkie was so happy and stuff.  OH EM GEE, isn't Pinkie twisteeeeeed?

November 24, 2014, 01:53:36 PM
Reply #205
I don't really know many of the details behind Cupcakes, but it always struck me as something that was just meant to provide a cheap shock rather than an attempt at creating something legitimately well-written. I do find it strange that it became so infamous with so many knock-offs, but I guess it really embodied a darker side of the brony community at a very early stage in its lifespan.

As for "Party of One", it's a fun episode with some great moments - I like Pinkie's singing telegram, I like Gummy, I like Pinkie's paranoia and I like Applejack's attempts at lying - but I do find the eventual pay-off a bit clumsy. As others have said, I have a hard time buying that Pinkie would really forget her own birthday, though I guess the idea is that she was so wrapped-up in planning parties for Gummy that she didn't take enough time to think about herself. I feel like that idea - to take time for yourself as well as others - would make a nice moral, and the episode almost leans in that direction, but not quite...

It's a fine episode, but not my favourite, and I feel it's mostly remembered just for Pinkie's breakdown which, while a fun scene, gets blown far out of proportion by some fans.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.