Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x25 - Party of One  (Read 21938 times)

April 29, 2011, 12:43:44 PM
CELESTIA-TIER PONY EPISODE!

One of the funniest and at one point most deranged episodes of the series.  Andrea Libman does a fantastic standout performance here with Pinkie Pie, practically every line is golden.  A very heart-warming episode too.  It's episodes like this that make me love the series so much.

GUMMY RETURNS!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:44:25 AM by The Derpy One »

April 29, 2011, 01:02:01 PM
Reply #1
Aw, damnit. I JUST finished watching the whole episode and you beat me to the punch! With a misspelt title no less! It was a hilarious episode though, I have to admit! :lol: And yeah, it did have plenty of heartwarming stuff in it as well, I felt kinda bad for Pinkie during her darkest hour.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:06:11 PM by Blokeman »

April 29, 2011, 01:05:05 PM
Reply #2
My god... if I were to pick one sentence to sum up this episode: Scary Pinkie is SCARY

Pretty Hilarious episode. Can't wait to see all the macros and gifs from this one.

P.S. I may refuse to read Cupcakes the fanfic. But this episode pretty much justifies the psychopath version of Pinkie from that fic.

April 29, 2011, 01:12:24 PM
Reply #3
Pinkie Pie is a silly pony. I loved this episode. Well, whoever suggested that she forgot her birthday was right. It was fun to see the return of the Peppy LePeau sketch with Rainbow Dash, though.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

April 29, 2011, 01:20:17 PM
Reply #4
Raging Pinkie was actually quite unnerving! I mean, we're so used to her being all upbeat and non-serious that seeing her legitimately furious was really disturbing, especially since Andrea Libman did such a great job in the voice acting department.

April 29, 2011, 01:32:12 PM
Reply #5
This episode has a perfect mix of goofiness and sentimentality.  Of course Pinkie is Pinkie so there's lot of physical humor in the episode but Pinkie's has, at least in my mind, been built up to be an inflappible and irresistable force of happiness and here she meets an imoveable object.  Seeing her get knocked down so far and become so distraught that she snaps completely, I just wanted to jump into my TV and give her a hug.

I loved mindfuck Pinkie.  It's the funniest thing I've seen on this show.

April 29, 2011, 01:32:58 PM
Reply #6
Did anyone kinda notice how Ponyville seemed kinda empty? I don't think we saw much background ponies.

Maybe they're trying to avoid scary Pinkie too...

Cutie Mark Chronicles is still my favorite episode. But this episode is one of the best of the season in terms of comedy.

April 29, 2011, 01:56:27 PM
Reply #7

Foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

April 29, 2011, 02:01:49 PM
Reply #8
There are an awful lot of extended necks in this episode, people are already making NOPE.JPG macros.  :lol:

April 29, 2011, 02:04:00 PM
Reply #9
Hard to believe Pinkie could actually go crazy... I thought she was already there.

April 29, 2011, 02:15:53 PM
Reply #10
Damn I didn't get home in time for the episode. I hope it's uploaded to youtube soon. I needs my pony fix. :(

BANNED

April 29, 2011, 02:23:29 PM
Reply #11
Damn right this is a CELESTIA TIER EPISODE

lol psycho Pinkie<333
ESPECIALLY when she was interrogating Spike >8O
Gummy is my favorite pony-pet ever
I'm sure some people out there will appreciate RD and AJ playing bobbing for apples
and something else way later on in the episode but it's nasty and not even I want to admit I thought of it publicly :|

UHM.
Shit, what else? I'm just going to wait for the downloads to go up so I can watch it again, because I had to watch this on a tiny piece of shit TV while wearing my glasses and it wasn't very fun

April 29, 2011, 02:48:47 PM
Reply #12
There are an awful lot of extended necks in this episode, people are already making NOPE.JPG macros.  :lol:

that's Nope.avi to you, Blokeman! *wheeze*

And yeah, I thought the same thing.

April 29, 2011, 03:26:44 PM
Reply #13
Definitely celestia tier episode, and am I the only one who couldn't help but think of "cupcakes" the second dash came into Pinkie's crazytown party? If I didn't know it was a kid show I almost wouldn't have been surprised to see Dash suddenly restrained in Pinkie's basement while she revs up a chainsaw. XD

I wonder if that's another nod to the fans then since that fic was infamous.

BANNED

April 29, 2011, 03:36:20 PM
Reply #14

I doubt it, I think if they made a reference to it, it would have psycho Pinkie AND a cupcake (seen or mentioned) somewhere.

Which I also doubt they would, but if they do....oh God, I might scream louder than when Derpy was made "canon", only this one would be out of terror :o

April 29, 2011, 03:46:05 PM
Reply #15
I doubt it, I think if they made a reference to it, it would have psycho Pinkie AND a cupcake (seen or mentioned) somewhere.

Which I also doubt they would, but if they do....oh God, I might scream louder than when Derpy was made "canon", only this one would be out of terror :o

I don't know. I would squee wanting to see more crazy Pinkamina D. Pie

In the alternate timeline Pinkie kills her friends then holds daily parties in sugar cube corners basement with the stuffed corpses of her friends as permanent party guests. That's how far gone Pinkie was. XD

BANNED

April 29, 2011, 04:13:02 PM
Reply #16
that's Nope.avi to you, Blokeman! *wheeze*

And yeah, I thought the same thing.

Can't be an .avi if they aren't making videos ;)

April 29, 2011, 04:25:47 PM
Reply #17
Doubt that.  According to the word of Faust, none of the writers are allowed to read fanfiction for legal reasons.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:14:13 PM by Bronymian Rhapsody »

April 29, 2011, 04:51:57 PM
Reply #18
This was a cross between a very happy, heart-warming episode to a pretty scary one.
Enjoyed it none the less

And knowing is half the battle!

GI JOOOOOOOOOE

April 29, 2011, 05:08:46 PM
Reply #19
Definitely celestia tier episode, and am I the only one who couldn't help but think of "cupcakes" the second dash came into Pinkie's crazytown party? If I didn't know it was a kid show I almost wouldn't have been surprised to see Dash suddenly restrained in Pinkie's basement while she revs up a chainsaw. XD

All the episodes were already planned out from the start, I don't think they had this just as a nod to the fans. The writers were thinking Pinkie had an insane side to her BEFORE the fans did any of that! Also for the exception of Derpy which was an easy addable nod to the fans, I just think this is a hilarious in hindsight coincidence. We might see some more obvious nods in Season 2 though.

April 29, 2011, 05:30:49 PM
Reply #20
All the episodes were already planned out from the start, I don't think they had this just as a nod to the fans. The writers were thinking Pinkie had an insane side to her BEFORE the fans did any of that! Also for the exception of Derpy which was an easy addable nod to the fans, I just think this is a hilarious in hindsight coincidence. We might see some more obvious nods in Season 2 though.

I understand that, but in retrospect it's far more hilarious because of how the fans developed Pinkie's insane side. I mean let's face it sure we'd have still found it funny without all the fan stuff, but still as you said it's even more hilarious in hindsight because of stuff like cupcakes being in the fandom. If anything the scene was enhanced by the fandoms influence even without the writers knowledge. I mean of all the ponies they chose to go get Pinkie after she's gone bonkers it's Rainbow Dash. That's just begging people to assume that maybe the writers have been reading fanfics and viewing fanart behind the scenes.

BANNED

April 29, 2011, 07:05:19 PM
Reply #21
I liked it.  Gave Pinkie more depth. 

April 29, 2011, 08:03:38 PM
Reply #22
Pensivepony uploaded a decent version at last!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRqyC8AuO4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRqyC8AuO4</a>

April 29, 2011, 08:08:51 PM
Reply #23
Saw the episode again. And yeah, the only part where there were any background ponies was the very beginning. Otherwise it seemed that the Main Cast were the only inhabitants.

But still amazing episode. Kudos to the writers for maintaining strong episodes for a majority of the first season. It's sad that there's only one left till' a long break between Seasons 1 and 2 but everyone will find out they'll have something to do to bide their time even to the point where they won't believe Season 2 is so soon.

April 29, 2011, 08:34:02 PM
Reply #24
This was by far the funniest episode I've seen so far. The singing telegram in the beginning alone sold me. Pinkie going crazy was really hilarious especially when her imaginary friends start speaking on their own.

Also ... return of Emo Pie hair!