Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: The Anime & Manga Thread (Almost) Anything goes!  (Read 146321 times)

May 31, 2018, 04:18:10 AM
Reply #3950
I've pretty much put seasonal anime on hold lately to get through Ashita no Joe. Well, that's done. Big ol' segmented review seems appropriate. Mind you I'm judging this with keeping its age in mind. I can't fault a show for looking old when it has a layer of dust caked onto it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All that aside, easy to rate this. 9/10. Despite the poor start and infuriating characters, everything else makes up for it. I'll need to watch Ashita no Joe 2 in the near future, but I got other plans. FLCL Rewatch, then Madoka, and some other plans to watch things that I won't mention just yet cause I might not get to them as soon as I'd like to.

Thanks Megalo Box.

June 21, 2018, 02:14:29 PM
Reply #3951
Anime adaptation of Part 5 of Jojo's Bizarre adventure announced, 4 months from now. :D

I was afraid it wouldn't happen, but seeing the releases there seems to be a typical 2-year interval between each,  so maybe I should have expected it. I'm so looking forward to it, got into Jojo's at around the time the DiU anime was ending, and now I get to follow it.

I also read the manga a while back. There's a lot more cinematic action in this part so I can't help but wonder how it will turn out animated.

June 21, 2018, 04:22:49 PM
Reply #3952
Yeah it's hard to be excited for Jojo part 5 when I knew it was coming, especially after they were saying "Hey we're gonna make a big announcement soon!" like a month ago.

That said, 4 months from now? So Fall season? I'm down. I was prepared to wait longer to be honest.

June 25, 2018, 05:01:08 AM
Reply #3953

June 30, 2018, 11:09:47 PM
Reply #3954
So that's neat. Konosuba is getting a movie.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-25/konosuba-god-blessing-on-this-wonderful-world-anime-gets-film-project/.133376

Would've rather it been a new season, but I'll take what I can get!

Watched A Silent Voice... It was really good just also really sad. I don't do well with sad stuff, takes me a long time to get out of the aftershow depression phase. That is why I'm just going to rewatch K-ON, surely that will cheer me up, maybe throw in some Yuru Yuri for good measure.

P.S. Nishimiya easily made it onto my top ten anime characters, she's such a cinnamon roll.
"The answer, always, is the Wolves of Fenris, because they are clinically insane."
-Lunar Wolves Captain Torgaddon on the subject of the toughest Space Marine Legion.

"Bribery and threats are always popular, but generally avoided, especially if you're likely to attract inquisitorial attention as they're better at both and tend to resent other people resorting to their methods."
-Commissar Ciaphas Cain on winning over Tribunals.

I've been brainwashed so many times there is nothing left in here but soap suds

July 01, 2018, 02:44:46 AM
Reply #3955
Would've rather it been a new season, but I'll take what I can get!

I'm fairly certain there just isn't enough written for a full season yet. And hey, 2 seasons and a movie is PRETTY GOOD compared to what most anime get these days.

Well that sucks. The manga for Recovery of an MMO Junkie just got cancelled because of the author's health. So uh. Yeah. That sucks for me, it just started getting translated too. Hope the author recovers and all but yeah. Bleh.

July 01, 2018, 05:56:44 AM
Reply #3956
Well that sucks. The manga for Recovery of an MMO Junkie just got cancelled because of the author's health. So uh. Yeah. That sucks for me, it just started getting translated too. Hope the author recovers and all but yeah. Bleh.

I hope he's not contagious, and if he is then he's in a different prefecture than Miura.
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

July 01, 2018, 06:09:45 AM
Reply #3957
I hope he's not contagious, and if he is then he's in a different prefecture than Miura.

Miura can't catch any new diseases, his current case of miurangitis is far too strong for any other diseases to take residence within him.

July 01, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
Reply #3958
Miura can't catch any new diseases, his current case of miurangitis is far too strong for any other diseases to take residence within him.
I kek'd
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

July 10, 2018, 05:16:44 AM
Reply #3959
I almost forgot this is a thing that I do for some reason. Season Thoughts post. Anything still ongoing like Boku no Hero isn't being mentioned here. I haven't begun Steins;Gate 0, I'm waiting to binge it, and Creature Family Days is kind of hard to find online so that's on hold.

... FLCL Progressive. I'm gonna come back to later with a dedicated first impressions post. Lot's of thoughts. Some good, some less so. But until the Japanese Dub comes out I can't really cement my opinions.

K so.

AOTS: Uma Musume Pretty Derby

OP Of the Season: Horse Girl Pretty Derby

ED Of The Season: Lesbian Horse Idols Racing In Dresses

Game Of The Year: Uma Musume Pretty Derby. Probably. Everyone go pre-register please, it's free, gets me free stuff on release.

(Also while I catalog all this junk into MAL, moving Clannad up to a 10/10. Unrelated but who cares, it's a 10/10 now)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:35:33 PM by Mirage Seraph »

July 20, 2018, 11:58:23 PM
Reply #3960
So, I don't post in this thread much, but it's rather appropriate considering what I've discovered today (as a late arrival, naturally).

I'm really, REALLY into the anime "OverLord". Holy crap, is it the most fun I've had watching an anime since Sgt. Frog or Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm no connoisseur of Anime (as you may have guessed), so forgive me if the show I like right now is trash according to more professional opinions... If it isn't trash, then hurray for me, I picked a good one!
PLEASE check out my fanfic Elements Change the Dark Hearts and give me feedback. I need any and ALL criticisms!

Yesterday at 03:34:35 PM
Reply #3961
So, I don't post in this thread much, but it's rather appropriate considering what I've discovered today (as a late arrival, naturally).

I'm really, REALLY into the anime "OverLord". Holy crap, is it the most fun I've had watching an anime since Sgt. Frog or Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm no connoisseur of Anime (as you may have guessed), so forgive me if the show I like right now is trash according to more professional opinions... If it isn't trash, then hurray for me, I picked a good one!

Pfft, Overlord, who'd watch that isekai trash? Let alone buy a 180 dollar figure for it. Certainly not me, haha.

Overlord's great, it knows its strengths and its weaknesses and doubles down on its strengths (great cast, world building) while cruising along in its generic MMORPG storyline.