Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: The Anime & Manga Thread (Almost) Anything goes!  (Read 146582 times)

March 19, 2018, 05:40:36 PM
Reply #3825
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Harumin is the one shining light in this show. She should just got out with Yuzu then Mei can go do whatever with whoever.

See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

March 19, 2018, 10:11:27 PM
Reply #3826

Only a couple weeks until the Spring season guys. Anime is gonna be great again real soon.. Also literally nobody should be surprised but Mob Psycho is getting a second season.

March 19, 2018, 10:50:14 PM
Reply #3827

Only a couple weeks until the Spring season guys. Anime is gonna be great again real soon.. Also literally nobody should be surprised but Mob Psycho is getting a second season.

[spoiler]Sara can have Mei[spoiler]as long as I can have Nina :^)
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

March 20, 2018, 01:47:53 AM
Reply #3828
[spoiler]Sara can have Mei[spoiler]as long as I can have Nina :^)

Keep her, my coveted waifu list is far too refined to allow such trivial women.

March 20, 2018, 03:34:31 AM
Reply #3829
Keep her, my coveted waifu list is far too refined to allow such trivial women.

>refined

Next your gonna be telling me you're not a garbage tier degenerate!

March 20, 2018, 05:42:06 AM
Reply #3830

>refined

Next your gonna be telling me you're not a garbage tier degenerate!

I'm insulted that you'd insinuate I'm only as low as garbage tier.

The fact that I have a waifu list whatsoever should indicate I'm more of a compost pile tier degenerate, though I'm currently working towards my raw sewage pipe degenerate license.

March 20, 2018, 06:31:21 AM
Reply #3831
I'm insulted that you'd insinuate I'm only as low as garbage tier.

The fact that I have a waifu list whatsoever should indicate I'm more of a compost pile tier degenerate, though I'm currently working towards my raw sewage pipe degenerate license.

You're selling yourself too short. Go for nitrate pile: fertilizer and gallons upon gallons of urine left over months to tranform into nitrate for gunpowder. The way I see it, why be a simple degenerate when you can be a one-man personification of the fall of Western civilization?

By the way, who holds the title of Best Girl? Normally I'd guess Miia, but who knows?

March 20, 2018, 10:40:08 AM
Reply #3832
God bless this thread. :P

After starting two long series I think I realized how short of an attention span I have, no matter how interesting and how much I like them I just feel like I need to take a break. LoGH and Cardcaptor Sakura are both shows that potentially are gonna end up on my top ten, but man I just can't keep watching them without spreading some new stuff in the mix. That's why while I kinda want to start One Piece, I just can't commit to 800+ episodes.

On a side note I cannot for the life of me find a way to stream Mobile Suit Gundam: the 08th MS Team, I'm not a huge fan of mecha, but I've heard it's got some nice tactics. So if anyone knows where I can watch it let me know please.
"The answer, always, is the Wolves of Fenris, because they are clinically insane."
-Lunar Wolves Captain Torgaddon on the subject of the toughest Space Marine Legion.

"Bribery and threats are always popular, but generally avoided, especially if you're likely to attract inquisitorial attention as they're better at both and tend to resent other people resorting to their methods."
-Commissar Ciaphas Cain on winning over Tribunals.

I've been brainwashed so many times there is nothing left in here but soap suds

March 20, 2018, 04:15:24 PM
Reply #3833
By the way, who holds the title of Best Girl? Normally I'd guess Miia, but who knows?

Before I watched Re:ZERO, Senjougahara held the title. Afterwards, Rem held the title. Though, yes, as time as passed since then I've realized that snek, is indeed, best girl.

The list, as it stands, is probably as follows.

On a side note I cannot for the life of me find a way to stream Mobile Suit Gundam: the 08th MS Team, I'm not a huge fan of mecha, but I've heard it's got some nice tactics. So if anyone knows where I can watch it let me know please.

See PM~

March 20, 2018, 06:24:23 PM
Reply #3834
Though, yes, as time as passed since then I've realized that snek, is indeed, best girl.

I do like Miia, especially chibi Miia. She is very entertaining.

Yuru Camp and A Place Further Than the Universe have both nearly finished their runs. I will be sad when they are over, they're both such good shows. The first is the most relaxing show I've seen since Non Non Biyori, and the other is part comedy, part drama, with very interesting and appealing characters.

<3[/spoiler]

March 20, 2018, 08:43:06 PM
Reply #3835
Two new FLCL trailers, one for Toonami and one for Japan.

Sounds like Haruko's English VA (and Japanese) is the same, though she obviously sounds a bit different. I intend to watch this in English before Japanese so that's great news for me. Also new music. And Spiky Seeds is still sounding like absolute gold. Star Overhead sounds great too.

... Also studio NUT is involved, apparently? NUT is the studio that popped into existence last year and just spit out Youjo Senki like it was nothing. So that's cool. Anyways at least we know when they're gonna air now, June and September.

March 20, 2018, 10:27:07 PM
Reply #3836
Two new FLCL trailers, one for Toonami and one for Japan.

Sounds like Haruko's English VA (and Japanese) is the same, though she obviously sounds a bit different. I intend to watch this in English before Japanese so that's great news for me. Also new music. And Spiky Seeds is still sounding like absolute gold. Star Overhead sounds great too.

... Also studio NUT is involved, apparently? NUT is the studio that popped into existence last year and just spit out Youjo Senki like it was nothing. So that's cool. Anyways at least we know when they're gonna air now, June and September.

I thought I noticed a bit of difference in the English VA for Haruko but not in Japanese. I'm sure it's slightly different there too, but I don't have an ear for Japanese voices. Both still retain that Haruko feel however, and as long as the VA's are the same, then it shouldn't matter.

I'm most surprised to see a larger cast, and this allays one of the largest fears I had: that mopey nekomimi-chan was just going to be a carbon copy of Naota. Having multiple angsty-kuns offers up a much larger change, that being what's probably best for FLCL 2 and 3.

By far the most important thing is that they maintain FLCL's tone. They don't even have to have the same themes as the first one, but tone for FLCL is what made it so amazing to me (and hopefully others). This segues into my next worry which is still active, that being the animation. I'm not very familiar with Production I.G.'s works. The animation of MahouYome is spectacular, but the trailers don't look like that at all. It must be a pretty large company, so they probably have different people working on different things. In other words, I can't go by the studio alone and should instead research the animators as well as the character and background artists. I'm also wondering how much of the original FLCL Production Committee is working on Progressive and Alternative, Production I.G. having collaborated with Gainax on the original. It could just be coincidence from Production I.G. accepting the pitch after all the legal stuff, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Williams Street intentionally approached Production I.G. since Gainax is no longer Gainax, and it's probably not feasible from a legal standpoint for staff at Gonzo and Trigger who worked on FLCL to be contracted for Progressive/Alternative. That would be the dream anyway.

Anyway if I had to make a visual comparison from the trailers, it reminds me of Darling in the FranXX: rough but slick. It doesn't look like FLCL; this seems more grounded in a single style rather than a frenetic mishmash of whatever Tsurumaki-sama thought looked cool at the time.

As for story speculation, I have no freaking clue. Once I heard Haruko start talking, I began to drool and found it hard to concentrate.

March 20, 2018, 11:24:47 PM
Reply #3837
Gainax gave the rights to FLCL to I.G. long time ago, I don't even think anybody planned to make the sequel at the time it happened if my perception of time is on point, though I could be wrong.

As for the original FLCL team being here... Yeah no worries. They're bringing back a lot of folk from the original production. Notably the same director and same character designer, I think the same art director too? The Pillows of course... This is of course why I've been hyped for FLCL 2/3. Because they're just bringing the team back together.

Far as tone goes, I'm just gonna trust the director to do what he did last time, just make a good show.

March 20, 2018, 11:47:24 PM
Reply #3838
I also wonder if the four-leaf clover hair clip was intentional. I really hope so.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:08:53 AM by Grim Noire »

March 21, 2018, 02:07:33 AM
Reply #3839
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:52:30 AM by Grim Noire »

March 21, 2018, 06:24:31 AM
Reply #3840
Casual reminder to go read new Berserk chapter.

March 21, 2018, 08:07:44 AM
Reply #3841
Casual reminder to go read new Berserk chapter.

Say, Mirage. When did you get on Mr. Miura's Wild Ride? I can't remember if you were a long time reader or like me and binged it last year.

March 21, 2018, 01:58:38 PM
Reply #3842
Say, Mirage. When did you get on Mr. Miura's Wild Ride? I can't remember if you were a long time reader or like me and binged it last year.

I read it shortly after watching Berserk 2016 because I wanted to compare the two.

To be completely honest it's by no means something I'm particularly hype over, but it's the only manga I'm reading that other people are as well sooo I might as well talk about it from time to time.

March 22, 2018, 12:11:42 AM
Reply #3843
I read it shortly after watching Berserk 2016 because I wanted to compare the two.

To be completely honest it's by no means something I'm particularly hype over, but it's the only manga I'm reading that other people are as well sooo I might as well talk about it from time to time.

>reading Berserk like it's some casual moeshit
smh Mirage... you always do find a new way to disappoint me

March 22, 2018, 02:52:52 AM
Reply #3844
*reposting because I screwed up the original img link*

Just saw this in a 3x3 thread:

But if you look closer you can see some telling differences about these garbage cans, making it possible for each to be representative of an anime, group of anime, or genre.

Top left: Too much garbage stuffed into a can but done so neatly so as to not cause undue mess.
Top middle: A garbage fire.
Top right: An absolute mess, rotten food spilling out of and splattered against the side along with a dead raccoon that met its end surely while attempting to dig around the bin.
Middle left: A public garbage can but also a garbage can within a garbage can. Truly meta.
Middle: Another public garbage can yet marked with signs that discourage littering. This can is inviting people to dispose of things here.
Middle right: A new garbage can meant to be stored outside, probably at ones home where it will be wheeled to and from the curb on a regular basis.
Bottom left: An indoor bin with a foot pedal, meant to make garbage disposal easy and convenient.
Bottom middle: A classy garbage can fixed into the pavement, probably at a park or other well-maintained public place. It will probably be cleaned so as to reflect well upon its environment.
Bottom right: A standard, old-timey metal garbage can. It's a relic of the past but still shiny and in good condition.

March 22, 2018, 03:40:59 AM
Reply #3845
>reading Berserk like it's some casual moeshit
smh Mirage... you always do find a new way to disappoint me

What can I say? I like to treat everyone as if they were my parents.

March 22, 2018, 06:36:00 AM
Reply #3846
What can I say? I like to treat everyone as if they were my parents.

March 22, 2018, 02:02:52 PM
Reply #3847
@Mirage
I just finished Watamote 120, and things do get serious, contrary to what I had been saying earlier. It's not anything melodramatic, but it's far from anything played off for chuckles. The end of that chapter in particular is really sweet. Overall I get the impression that Nico Tanigawa initially set out to make awkward jokes and cringe misunderstandings, but there's a pretty sizable shift in direction during what I consider to be the series' first arc (after the initial episodic stuff). After that, characters are introduced with greater regularity, there is more continuity between the chapters, and the focus even shifts away from Tomoko from time to time. Most importantly, Tomoko grows as a character instead of remaining a perpetual joke.

March 22, 2018, 04:00:23 PM
Reply #3848

D-did you actually make that? If so I'm mildly impressed disappointed.

@Mirage
I just finished Watamote 120, and things do get serious, contrary to what I had been saying earlier. It's not anything melodramatic, but it's far from anything played off for chuckles. The end of that chapter in particular is really sweet. Overall I get the impression that Nico Tanigawa initially set out to make awkward jokes and cringe misunderstandings, but there's a pretty sizable shift in direction during what I consider to be the series' first arc (after the initial episodic stuff). After that, characters are introduced with greater regularity, there is more continuity between the chapters, and the focus even shifts away from Tomoko from time to time. Most importantly, Tomoko grows as a character instead of remaining a perpetual joke.

Well that's good news for me. Might actually get to it if that's the case.

... Still no promises though.

March 22, 2018, 09:35:58 PM
Reply #3849
D-did you actually make that? If so I'm mildly impressed disappointed.

Aye lad, put that pack together special for you. :fswink

Well that's good news for me. Might actually get to it if that's the case.

... Still no promises though.

lel do as thou wilt. Trying to force people into watching or reading things doesn't normally turn out well for me, and I don't like when others badger me either. However, I'll still be posting my thoughts on this thread from time to time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:06:14 AM by Grim Noire »