Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: The Anime & Manga Thread (Almost) Anything goes!  (Read 97407 times)

November 29, 2017, 03:18:18 AM
Reply #3500

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

<3[/spoiler]

November 29, 2017, 04:52:04 AM
Reply #3501
Another tempting preorder.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIGURE-035332

I was tempted to mention that, but I guess I didn't need to.

Offer me a Machi then we'll talk, but really aside her, I'm not too interested in any of the other girls sooo  :monster:

November 29, 2017, 10:21:57 AM
Reply #3502
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

November 29, 2017, 05:05:48 PM
Reply #3503
Whatever... Saki is best demi.

I think it's a difficult choice between Sakie and Hikari, they're both great.

I've been watching an anime vlogger on YouTube as he watches Madoka Magica for the first time. His subscribers talked him into watching it, and at first he thought they were trolling him. He was laughing that he was about to watch a magical girl anime. It's been really entertaining seeing him grow more and more invested in the story and characters. I've reached episode 10, with all the flashbacks, and I've never before seen a big hairy Scottish guy get so excited about someone transforming into a magical girl.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:11:14 PM by infohippie »

<3[/spoiler]

December 03, 2017, 03:32:40 PM
Reply #3504
Still no Berserk chapter, as far as I know, anyway.
So been watching a lot of Jojo videos (but no Jojo, obviously) and...it gets pretty convoluted. Like, really fucking convoluted, to the point Iím not sure people would actually like this if it werenít for the fact itís Jojoís Bizarre Adventures.
Maybe Iím getting the wrong impression, but between the silliness and some of the stuff Stands seem to do in later parts, it seems to me like the author himself doesníf fully comprehend what heís making or just forgets about it midway through.
Is the series THAT good that people just let him get away with it?
Avatar pic provided by bumbrwby12 on twitter.
Sign Image provided by Andrew's Miitopia playthrough.

December 03, 2017, 03:39:26 PM
Reply #3505
Is the series THAT good that people just let him get away with it?

... Yes, actually.

The show has some SERIOUSLY bad moments, like Josuke SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS and, ONE BLOCK AWAY Jotaro hears something...

"Probably just the wind."

You really just gotta watch/read Jojo to understand why though. Any amount of reviews or analysis on it isn't gonna explain why it's good.

December 05, 2017, 03:10:46 AM
Reply #3506
So I've recently finally done what I've been meaning to for some 3-4 years now.

Restarting with the intention of actually finishing Great Teacher Onizuka. Only took a few episodes to remember that this show is bloody great. Bloody great OP too. Only complaint I can really throw at this show is its age shows super hard. Not something to knock points off for or anything though.

That said I really gotta get caught up with this season's shows at the same time.

... Also my Japanese studies, now that my classwork is winding down. Jeeze why are my hobbies becoming hard to keep up with.

Anyways yeah, Great Teacher Onizuka, dunno when I'll finish it. This is a show I can binge easily but I dunno if I'll end up doing that.

December 05, 2017, 01:32:33 PM
Reply #3507
I started Kino's Journey (2003). It's very weird but also good.
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

December 06, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
Reply #3508
Date for the next chapter of Berserk announces: December 22nd.
At least, thatís the Japanese date, not sure if the translation will arrive soon after it.

Still, I like to think of it as a Christmas present from Miura.
Avatar pic provided by bumbrwby12 on twitter.
Sign Image provided by Andrew's Miitopia playthrough.

December 06, 2017, 02:25:48 PM
Reply #3509
At least, thatís the Japanese date, not sure if the translation will arrive soon after it.

About what I expected, a "Winter return" all but confirms December after all.

Expect the translation within an hour of the scans, it doesn't take long.

December 06, 2017, 04:45:52 PM
Reply #3510

Still, I like to think of it as a Christmas present from Miura.

Well, a Christmas present from Miura via Korea and a handful of fan translators. I wonder how long it will be until this arc ends? When it does it will have concluded a plot point set in motion 21 years ago.

December 06, 2017, 09:45:30 PM
Reply #3511
Well, a Christmas present from Miura via Korea and a handful of fan translators. I wonder how long it will be until this arc ends? When it does it will have concluded a plot point set in motion 21 years ago.

Don't underestimate the power of a Japanese man's ability to stretch a plot point to the breaking point. I don't know what I'd prefer, to stay inside Casca's brain juice for 5 years or the threat of Boat Arc 2.0.

December 06, 2017, 10:13:03 PM
Reply #3512
Don't underestimate the power of a Japanese man's ability to stretch a plot point to the breaking point. I don't know what I'd prefer, to stay inside Casca's brain juice for 5 years or the threat of Boat Arc 2.0.

December 07, 2017, 01:30:26 AM
Reply #3513

Berserk is truly the art masterpiece of our generation

Mood Yesterday: Need more lamias
Mood Today: Lamias on the horizon

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/dropkick-on-my-devil-manga-about-college-student-and-her-demon-roommate-gets-tv-anime/.124939

Premise sounds neat from a slap stick point of view but I don't care about any of that. The world needs more lamia love and I'm not going to be picky about what form that takes. Just please be good. You don't need the be a masterpiece, just be good enough to remind people that lamia are the superior monster girls. Enough vampires, enough succubi, and ESPECIALLY enough centaurs. Bring on the age of snek.

December 08, 2017, 05:42:31 AM
Reply #3514
(One Piece spoilers)
WHAT
A
QUEEN !!!!

₪ Ý lllēo.
I am a rarity.
Please like my artist FB page here

December 08, 2017, 08:49:53 PM
Reply #3515

Mood Yesterday: Need more lamias
Mood Today: Lamias on the horizon

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-06/dropkick-on-my-devil-manga-about-college-student-and-her-demon-roommate-gets-tv-anime/.124939

Premise sounds neat from a slap stick point of view but I don't care about any of that. The world needs more lamia love and I'm not going to be picky about what form that takes. Just please be good. You don't need the be a masterpiece, just be good enough to remind people that lamia are the superior monster girls. Enough vampires, enough succubi, and ESPECIALLY enough centaurs. Bring on the age of snek.

I'm too fond of legs for lamias to ever be a good idea. But what's that? "More centaurs"? Yes please, more centaurs are the best idea.

<3[/spoiler]

December 08, 2017, 09:35:59 PM
Reply #3516
I'm too fond of legs for lamias to ever be a good idea. But what's that? "More centaurs"? Yes please, more centaurs are the best idea.

I don't think you quite understand the appeal of a lamia's lower half. Where a centaur may have 4 adequate kickers... Lamia have one GLORIOUS appendage capable of constricting your entire body.

Not to mention the act of assisting a lamia with their molting..

Quality over quantity, you know?

December 08, 2017, 11:18:59 PM
Reply #3517

₪ Ý lllēo.
I am a rarity.
Please like my artist FB page here

December 09, 2017, 12:11:35 AM
Reply #3518

<3[/spoiler]

December 09, 2017, 12:49:40 AM
Reply #3519
What am I looking at

Pure, unfiltered degeneracy.

Come now, indulge in the cancer of Monster Girls. We've got something for everyone, for whichever amount of legs you may want. Lamia, Merfolk, and unagi if you're more of a monoleg kinda person. Yuki-onna and harpies for more standard two legged tastes, but you can spice it up with some zombies and dullahan if you're cool with the whole dead flesh and detachable limbs thing. Jabberwocks are cool too. Centaur if you're 4-legged trash. Things get REAL fun at 8+, with arachne, scylla, kraken... And if you DON'T like legs you can always go with the respectable alraunes?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:13:50 AM by Mirage Seraph »

December 09, 2017, 08:32:11 PM
Reply #3520
AMB and Kekkai Sensen continue to be consistently awesome. This week: Some Elias backstory and a K.K. episode!

December 09, 2017, 10:04:24 PM
Reply #3521

I don't want to believe this was intentional, but c'mon you can't make this up.

December 10, 2017, 02:43:18 AM
Reply #3522

I don't want to believe this was intentional, but c'mon you can't make this up.

I've been on 4chan too much lately because I see
and my mind immediately goes to

December 10, 2017, 04:30:12 AM
Reply #3523
I've been on 4chan too much lately because I see
and my mind immediately goes to

I don't know if that's a good thing or not...

On one hand, your first instinct isn't to associate everything to alluded spoilery moment.

On the other hand you're spending too much time on 4chan.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:31:27 AM by Mirage Seraph »

December 10, 2017, 06:24:04 AM
Reply #3524
I don't know if that's a good thing or not...

On one hand, your first instinct isn't to associate everything to alluded spoilery moment.

On the other hand you're spending too much time on 4chan.

4chan is just the real world but in one of those hypothetical questions we often ask ourselves like, "What if anything could be legal for a day?" "What if I only had one day left to live?" or in this case, "What if I could say whatever I wanted to whomever I wanted?" I've been spending more and more time on /mlp/ and I can, to no one's surprise, display a wide array of threads where people argue with each other nonsensically, using character attacks and racial slurs; that's mostly what people think of when 4chan comes to mind, yet there are also people being nice to each other and doing so consistently. Most of the time it's neutral however. So from that point of view it's like the real world - only you know where you stand with people for the most part because there aren't any institutional reasons why you can't say exactly what's on your mind. There are no profiles, so if you embarrass yourself then all you have to do is leave the thread, and you're gone. There are no up or down votes, so no one is given any innate reason to be disingenuous in order to seek popularity. The only board which has a echo chamber kind of culture is /pol/, but even then it's nowhere near as bad as /pol/ on 8ch.net which was lost to irrationality from day one. I think Lauren Faust put it best when she, and I'm paraphrasing, said something along the lines of 4chan being full of bad but also some good, yet the good stuff is worth returning for at least every now and then.