Favorite Flashback?

Applejack's
Fluttershy's
Rarity's
Twilight's
Pinkamina Diane Pie's
Rainbow Dash's
All of the Above
A tie between any above (Would be nice to specify)

Author Topic: 1x23 - The Cutie Mark Chronicles  (Read 28328 times)

April 16, 2011, 11:25:23 AM
Reply #50
One of my favorite bits of Twilight's flashback just got recently gif'd.

Behold Wizard Twilight!

April 16, 2011, 12:47:33 PM
Reply #51
So who else laughed at Pinkie's full name being Pinkamina Dianne Pie? XD

April 16, 2011, 12:58:09 PM
Reply #52
oh and Pinkamina Diane Pie's flashback was great too. I see they reused the music from the Parasprite's episode  (Sorry if someone pointed that out already)  And lol, a rock farm?  Didn't see that coming :P I mean who would have?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRgE3zabIY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRgE3zabIY</a>

Throw out your MP3 collection and just play this on repeat FOOOREEEVEEER! I hereby dub it the Pinkamina Diane Pie Polka!

April 16, 2011, 01:15:30 PM
Reply #53
Still love the Road :D

But yeah... love Fluttershy's past the most (:   Looked so cute.. d'awwww :3

April 16, 2011, 04:37:46 PM
Reply #54

Behold Wizard Twilight!

^WIN!!!! XD

Anyway, if I had to choose which stories I liked more, my favorite's are Twilight Sparkle's story, Pinkie Pie's story, and Rarity's story.

April 16, 2011, 05:59:19 PM
Reply #55

Behold Wizard Twilight!

OHMYGOSH Twilight you're the best 

April 16, 2011, 07:54:41 PM
Reply #56

Behold Wizard Twilight!

WE SHOULD TAKE THESE PARASPRITES

AND PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE

April 16, 2011, 08:30:45 PM
Reply #57
ohmygosh, this one was so good!!! It's about time we learned more about our beloved 6. Fluttershy's was my favorite, she was a spindly shy little youth and I loved how rainbow dash stood up for her.
Pinkie pie's rock farm was so random it was perfect. I love how she had an emo hairstyle at first, then it got all puffy. And her full name is awesome XD I could just keep going about all the cute moments in this one; spike sucking on his tail, applejack's freckles, scootaloo pulling the wagon (and pinkie suddenly appearing in it later) etc.

April 16, 2011, 09:33:12 PM
Reply #58
I am in desperate need of a gif of 10:39-10:41 from Rarities story...

April 16, 2011, 10:04:32 PM
Reply #59
I am in desperate need of a gif of 10:39-10:41 from Rarities story...
I'll see what I can do, I was about to try to make a gif of another part of the episode

EDIT
does this work?

i have a smaller one that's about 300kb but lower quality too.

EDIT 2:
There we go:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:40:50 PM by Dashell »

April 16, 2011, 10:44:44 PM
Reply #60
Did Rarity make her discovery at Vasquez Rocks? :D Cute ep, overall.

April 17, 2011, 12:33:05 AM
Reply #61
I'll see what I can do, I was about to try to make a gif of another part of the episode

EDIT
does this work?

i have a smaller one that's about 300kb but lower quality too.

EDIT 2:
There we go:

Dashell This Twilight one is Amazing O.O what software do you use and could I use it for my sig :D

Pretty Please! With Pinkie Pie on top :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:35:30 AM by RainbowDash »

April 17, 2011, 02:00:44 AM
Reply #62
Good stuff Dashell!  ;) Whenever I watch Twilight bouncing around I keep hearing a cartoonish spring sound in my head.  :monster:

April 17, 2011, 02:34:23 AM
Reply #63
Yeah you can use it if you want.  As for software, I use something called SMPlayer to take rapid screenshots of whichever scene I want.  You just have to hit S and it'll save them as "Screenshot01" and "screenshot02" and so on, of course you do have to be kind of fast at hitting the S button :monster:.  Then I use Adobe Image Ready's "Import Folder as Frames" option. and work with it from there.

SM Player is free but Adobe Image Ready isn't free but if you mess around with Gimp long enough, you can make gifs with it.  I Just never got the hang of it. 

April 17, 2011, 02:38:46 AM
Reply #64
I know that I said it before, but don't you think that when Twilight's eyes begins to glow she looks like Aang in Avatar mode?

April 17, 2011, 03:08:11 AM
Reply #65
Yeah you can use it if you want.  As for software, I use something called SMPlayer to take rapid screenshots of whichever scene I want.  You just have to hit S and it'll save them as "Screenshot01" and "screenshot02" and so on, of course you do have to be kind of fast at hitting the S button :monster: .  Then I use Adobe Image Ready's "Import Folder as Frames" option. and work with it from there.

SM Player is free but Adobe Image Ready isn't free but if you mess around with Gimp long enough, you can make gifs with it.  I Just never got the hang of it.
Thanks :D doesn't hitting S 25TPS is a little intance xD  I use Ulead GIF Animator 5, but it's insanely old and it's doesn't support importing MKV's or mp4's >.< I have to reconvert them in to AVI's and it's impossible feat for my netbook. Thanks for the tip though I figured I can slowdown the track to x0.15 in the VLC player and take the screenshots the same way. And then again why not to convert the scene I want to gif animate xP

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:10:36 AM by RainbowDash »

April 17, 2011, 03:40:37 AM
Reply #66

April 17, 2011, 09:54:29 AM
Reply #67
I know that I said it before, but don't you think that when Twilight's eyes begins to glow she looks like Aang in Avatar mode?

Pretty much, especially when Aang returned to the Southern Air Temple and finds Monk Gyatso's remains. And just like how he gets calmed down by Katara, Celestia ends up calming down Twilight Sparkle before she ends up blowing up the earth.

April 17, 2011, 11:15:25 AM
Reply #68
I loved all the stories, but I heart Twilight's the most. <3 I guess because it gives the most information or something. I dunno!

Also, Pinkie with a bob... Omg. The cuteness.  :D

So... Is the second half of their name their last name? The teachers called Twilight 'Miss Sparkle' and her parents had sparkly cutie marks, so maybe they were all Sparkles?

If that theory is anywhere near accurate, how could Pinkie's parents last names be Pie? XD Mud Pie maybe...

Anyway! Awesome episode :D

April 17, 2011, 11:30:09 AM
Reply #69
Decent episode, but I can't help but feel that it was a filler episode. I mean...the fillies didn't gain any progress towards their Cutie Marks, the entire episode was just listening to other ponies' stories. Sure it as amusing, but it lacked a decent plot.

April 17, 2011, 11:50:38 AM
Reply #70
Decent episode, but I can't help but feel that it was a filler episode. I mean...the fillies didn't gain any progress towards their Cutie Marks, the entire episode was just listening to other ponies' stories. Sure it as amusing, but it lacked a decent plot.

Sure, it wasn't like we learned valuable information about the main cast or anything. Nope.

April 17, 2011, 11:58:19 AM
Reply #71
Sure, it wasn't like we learned valuable information about the main cast or anything. Nope.

And it's valuable...how? Sure it's some decent background info, but...didn't seem like it contributed to much else.

April 17, 2011, 11:58:59 AM
Reply #72

Well no offense, but the show really hasn't had an ongoing plot for the exception of the pilot and of course the parts of certain episodes that are a precursor to the Gala Finale episode (Ticket Master, Suited for Success, etc.). Maybe in Season 2 they'll have more of what you've been looking for (Though I'm guessing will be, Lauren has hinted that another Big Bad will be in the series. The only thing she said about it is Yes, she could of messed with our minds by just saying maybe but we're already kept wondering because Lauren won't give any details). If you think about it the way your doing, every episode for the exception of the first 2 are filler episodes even if the characters gain some development (or in the case of episodes like Suited for Success dresses for the Finale) at the end.

And I think the Cutie Mark Crusaders (As in all 3, maybe at least one of them will get them earlier then the other 2) won't get their Cutie Marks until it's getting close to the end of the show's run. As the purpose of the CMC is for the much younger crowd.

Also I loved hearing the past of our Main Cast. We didn't know enough about how they were before, we desperately needed an episode like this to give us an idea. Heck I'd love an entire episode that took place in a flashback to get even more facts (Like the personalities of Twilight's Parents for example) or even better Twilight's first days training with Celestia.

April 17, 2011, 12:05:21 PM
Reply #73
If you think about it the way your doing, every episode for the exception of the first 2 are filler episodes even if the characters gain some development (or in the case of episodes like Suited for Success dresses for the Finale) at the end.

Lemme re-phrase this, I fail at words which I speak. Also, no, I'm not looking at the series as a whole when I say "Plot", because that's not really how it's working, for the most part :P I look at each episode individually when I say "plot".

I felt that like...there was no "progress" so to speak, like a conflict without any resolution. Like...Conflict, CMC is looking to other ponies' stories to come up with good ideas on how to get their Cutie Marks, and...that's it. No resolution, not even any progress, the episode ended up being based around the other ponies' stories and how they connected to each other. I wasn't expecting them to get their Cutie Marks, heck no. It just felt...weird, like the focus of the episode changed halfway through.

Basically, it felt like something important was missing from this episode, something unfinished about it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:12:05 PM by Gotmilk0112 »

April 17, 2011, 12:12:33 PM
Reply #74