Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x22 - A Bird in the Hoof  (Read 11981 times)

April 09, 2011, 11:21:40 AM
Reply #50
I hope Spike knows about phoenixes at least, seeing as he is a dragon. I can forgive Flutter's, and Twilight's to an extents, ignorance about them though. You'd think Twilight would of seen it in full glory, and asked what it was in the past. Unless of course the process of rebirth takes a lot longer then I thought, and she's only seen it in its weak form.

April 09, 2011, 12:47:01 PM
Reply #51
I like to think that there was a reason for the whole didn't know what a phoenix was thing.
My thoughts are:
Twilight didn't know because she just hasn't read about them yet, like when she went and read up about the Ursa Major (and minior), she didn't do much research on them until she heard about them.
As for Fluttershy. Well, maybe there just aren't many phoenix in Equestria. I mean, she's seen a lot of animals, and knows about loads of them, manticore and cockatrice included, but maybe she had just never seen a phoenix before. Or maybe they just avoid Ponyville. XD

Or at least something along those lines. Although, in all fairness, I'm not actually bothered by the fact that they didn't know. Just like I'm not bothered about how well Fluttershy handled the bird "dying" like a lot of people. I have a theory about that as well, anyway. ^_^

April 09, 2011, 01:28:56 PM
Reply #52
Death is a part of life after all. In fact, she could very well understand it even more then Twilight, because of her line of "work".

It's just..phoenixes are well known, famous creatures. Then again, this is a different world here, so the knowledge itself could be very limited. in comparison t our world.

April 09, 2011, 02:11:37 PM
Reply #53
Commence heart string tugging:

April 09, 2011, 02:43:55 PM
Reply #54
I think Pinkie and Rarity acted in this episode a bit to far off IMO, I can understand Rainbow Dash I would do that my self.

This scene is a bit to hear braking  :'( I got sad my self, poor flutter shy.

I dare you wallpaper that :D

April 09, 2011, 02:49:23 PM
Reply #55

April 09, 2011, 02:54:41 PM
Reply #56
- I didn't realize Philomena was a phoenix until after she "died";  I actually thought Spike decided to put her out of her misery  :monster:

Same about realizing the Phoenix part, but I never thought about Spike being the perpetrator.  Now THERE would be an interesting twist haha... and not very logical I guess

April 09, 2011, 04:11:46 PM
Reply #57
Same about realizing the Phoenix part, but I never thought about Spike being the perpetrator.  Now THERE would be an interesting twist haha... and not very logical I guess
Me too. When she bursted into flames I was like "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh." And like a few others, I had no idea what the moral of this episode was. ._. In the beginning I thought it would be "Accept your friends for who they are." I really liked the episode though, even though it was kind of sad at the end.

April 09, 2011, 04:32:39 PM
Reply #58
Oh Fluttershy, why must you be so adorable when you are emotional?

April 09, 2011, 05:04:54 PM
Reply #59
The one with Cat, the freedom fighter who ends up Robotiszied..
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:06:44 PM by WeirdRaptor »
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

April 09, 2011, 06:34:07 PM
Reply #60
I dare you wallpaper that :D
I'd be heart broken whenever I turned on my PC. >_<
Still, I'd get more writing done if I didn't log on so often xD

April 09, 2011, 07:06:56 PM
Reply #61
I don't get what's so shocking about Rarity and especially Pinkie. let's face it, Rarity has OCD. Not only that, but she was presumably nervous. Even Twilight, who knows Celestia way closer then most as a student under her was totally nervous. Pinkie was in top form so to speak. If anything? She probably understands Celestia's true nature even more then Twilight in that case.

April 09, 2011, 07:12:36 PM
Reply #62
Pinkie was probably just excited to be around the Princess, and Rarity was probably just really nervous that even a spot on her dress would make her seem untidy or something to Celestia.

Actually, Fluttershy seemed the least nervous around Celestia, Twilight included XD

April 09, 2011, 07:21:52 PM
Reply #63
Pinkie was probably just excited to be around the Princess, and Rarity was probably just really nervous that even a spot on her dress would make her seem untidy or something to Celestia.

Actually, Fluttershy seemed the least nervous around Celestia, Twilight included XD

I don't know, I don't see Pinkie as the excited to be around royalty type, just for the sake of it. Think about it, she's made a Gala of all things sound like a totally exciting party, which it most likely will be the total opposite. I consider Fluttershy the 2nd least nervous around her, simply because Pinkie didn't care to come up and just eat one of her cupcakes. Following which, Celestia didn't even mind, hence why I feel like Pinkie sort of just gets her. Fluttershy was able to focus on her pet, so she went into genuinely serious mode, and that helped her not be nervous.

April 09, 2011, 07:40:34 PM
Reply #64
I don't know, I don't see Pinkie as the excited to be around royalty type, just for the sake of it. Think about it, she's made a Gala of all things sound like a totally exciting party, which it most likely will be the total opposite. I consider Fluttershy the 2nd least nervous around her, simply because Pinkie didn't care to come up and just eat one of her cupcakes. Following which, Celestia didn't even mind, hence why I feel like Pinkie sort of just gets her. Fluttershy was able to focus on her pet, so she went into genuinely serious mode, and that helped her not be nervous.

Whoops, I forgot about Pinkie not being nervous. My bad. XD
In which case I think Pinkie was just excited because it was a party / there were cakes. ^_^

Oh, and Applejack trying to eat. That was brilliant XD

April 09, 2011, 07:51:44 PM
Reply #65
Whoops, I forgot about Pinkie not being nervous. My bad. XD
In which case I think Pinkie was just excited because it was a party / there were cakes. ^_^

Oh, and Applejack trying to eat. That was brilliant XD

There ya go. From the looks of things, she had even more sugar then normal, even for her standards most likely. Then again, we've never seen her in various stages over the course of a party yet, so we're left to speculate how far she's ever gone/would go.

April 09, 2011, 08:07:09 PM
Reply #66
I got it. Celestia is totally Beatrice from Umineko no naku koro ni. That's how big a troll she is.

BANNED

April 09, 2011, 11:26:35 PM
Reply #67
Pinkie wasn't nervous at all because she's Pinkie. If you think that way, everything makes sense now

And I bet Rarity was trying to impress Celestia so she would present her her imaginary nephew...lol

I don't know why most of you find weird that Twilight was so nervous at the party. She was exactly like that during Swarm of the Century. She's probably like that because she thinks Celestia has great expectations of her, being her student and all

Don't worry Twilight dear, your friends are awesome. Weird, but awesome nonetheless...lol
Pony Emblem Official Website

Pony Emblem Twitter: #ponyemblem

April 09, 2011, 11:51:02 PM
Reply #68
The one with Cat, the freedom fighter who ends up Robotiszied..
To be fair we don't know what happened to Cat, he might have been robotisized but he also might have been killed.  Since Robotnik can extract information from robotisized citizens and he never found Knothole after that, I'm leaning more toward him being killed  :monster:

i mean...  :'(

April 10, 2011, 12:18:33 AM
Reply #69
@ Dashell: That episode impacted you greatly, too, huh? I remember still being haunted for many nights by that.

Anyway, about this episode. Again, loved it. Loved the moral. Loved the bit with Rainbow Dash thinking Fluttershy and Twilight were having a race and flying off into the distance.
I tend to like the morals in these episodes. They're often either unexpected or more complex than Saturday Morning shows usually get.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

April 10, 2011, 12:23:26 AM
Reply #70
Pinkie wasn't nervous at all because she's Pinkie. If you think that way, everything makes sense now

And I bet Rarity was trying to impress Celestia so she would present her her imaginary nephew...lol

I don't know why most of you find weird that Twilight was so nervous at the party. She was exactly like that during Swarm of the Century. She's probably like that because she thinks Celestia has great expectations of her, being her student and all

Don't worry Twilight dear, your friends are awesome. Weird, but awesome nonetheless...lol

There's still a massive difference. She didn't start getting nervous until the scare of the entire town getting destroyed came to light, and she was downright panicking even. In this, she was nervous simply out of worry about how her friends would look in front of Celestia. In Swarm, she had a good reason to be nervous, here she..well I won't outright completely rule she didn't,. but she had nothing to worry about when you think about it.

April 10, 2011, 04:54:34 AM
Reply #71
Is it me or the guards sounds like Transformers?

April 10, 2011, 07:46:34 AM
Reply #72
Is it me or the guards sounds like Transformers?

"WHO DISRUPTS MY CORINATION?!"

"Corination, Luna? This is bad comedy."

"Celestia, is that you?"

"HERE'S A HINT!"

*Celestia braces herself as a cannon comes out of her mouth*

*PPPSSSSSHHEEWWWWWWW!*

April 10, 2011, 08:38:19 AM
Reply #73
I liked that LOLPinkie moment! "I'm on ur table, stealin ur cupcaik!"
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

April 10, 2011, 09:13:01 AM
Reply #74
well I watched it..... tbh, this episode was waaaay over hyped.
it was ok but not one of my favourites by far.

the bird was funny but, i dunno, everyone was raving about it.
Benny Hill scene was classic though.

preferred previous ep though
PONIES