Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Rule against discussing new episodes outside of their threads, please...  (Read 774 times)

November 26, 2011, 09:29:15 AM
Not all of us can watch the episodes right away. This can be especially annoying when, for example, I know what Rainbow's pet will be the day after the episode aired. >.< I propose that, for a week after an episode airs, it cannot be discussed anywhere except its designated thread.

November 26, 2011, 09:40:58 AM
Reply #1
Eternal Memory

Mikhail Kalshnikov
1919-2013

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 26, 2011, 09:41:36 AM
Reply #2
That sounds pointlessly self-serving to me: "I didn't watch the episode yet, so the people who did can't talk about it until I've seen it!". It would be much easier and more fair just to ask people to post spoilers when they feel the need to bring up the new episode outside the topic. It's what the spoiler tag is there for, after all. It SHOULD be common sense really, but apparently no one can be bothered.

November 26, 2011, 10:05:44 AM
Reply #3
Yeah, I guess that's what I was getting at. Spoilers are okay as long as they stay hidden and well-labeled.

December 01, 2011, 04:51:22 AM
Reply #4
Yeah, I guess that's what I was getting at. Spoilers are okay as long as they stay hidden and well-labeled.

Or just use the spoiler tag :monster:

yeah the only problem with this is how new is new?   I mean maybe we could wait a couple days, but then someone  goes on vacation or something, comes back and gets spoiled and gets upset.  If we can find a good time for "new" (like maybe two days or so) then it's okay, but personally I think once it airs, it's okay to  talk about it. 

December 05, 2011, 02:23:46 PM
Reply #5
Or just use the spoiler tag :monster:

yeah the only problem with this is how new is new?   I mean maybe we could wait a couple days, but then someone  goes on vacation or something, comes back and gets spoiled and gets upset.  If we can find a good time for "new" (like maybe two days or so) then it's okay, but personally I think once it airs, it's okay to  talk about it.

In this case I think the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) would be fair.  Generally I know I catch the episodes sometime Sunday afternoon or evening because my Saturday is generally nuts.  When it comes to anime we generally gave a week after the episodes airing or release date but MLP is a bit easier since you generally don't have to buy it.

December 05, 2011, 09:35:10 PM
Reply #6
yeah the only problem with this is how new is new?

This.  Of course, you could always do like I do, where I realize I'm reading something I don't want to read and just stop.  I GUESS the weekend is fair enough... so long as the main episode threads are left alone.  I mean, there WILL be spoilers there. 

December 05, 2011, 09:54:06 PM
Reply #7
This.  Of course, you could always do like I do, where I realize I'm reading something I don't want to read and just stop.  I GUESS the weekend is fair enough... so long as the main episode threads are left alone.  I mean, there WILL be spoilers there.

Oh most definetly!! That would be silly  :D

December 05, 2011, 10:01:57 PM
Reply #8
I'd be OK with a rule saying that people should spoiler-tag episode-specific talk outside of the episode thread until the Monday following the episode.  Not longer than that, though.  Although, frankly, what I always do is just watch the episode when I get internet access before coming on here.  That's an easy way to avoid spoilers that doesn't inconvenience anyone else on my account.  If you can come here, surely you can watch the episode, no?

December 06, 2011, 01:16:59 AM
Reply #9
I don't know that we need a rule for it exactly, but I do think it's polite to not post spoilers outside episode discussion threads until after the weekend at least.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

<3[/spoiler]