Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x11 - Winter Wrap Up  (Read 10330 times)

September 27, 2011, 05:13:18 AM
Reply #75
I get obsessed with different songs at different times. That has included this one, of course, but recently it's the Hush Now, Quiet Now lullaby thing.

September 27, 2011, 07:04:44 AM
Reply #76
I get obsessed with different songs at different times. That has included this one, of course, but recently it's the Hush Now, Quiet Now lullaby thing.

Same here, only replace Hush Now, Quiet Now with So Many Wonders.

And knowing is half the battle!

GI JOOOOOOOOOE

October 10, 2011, 09:31:52 PM
Reply #77
"That nest needs to be condemned."

I laughed so hard at that.

October 10, 2011, 09:54:53 PM
Reply #78
"That nest needs to be condemned."

I laughed so hard at that.

Gotta be one of Spike's best lines in the show. :-[

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 11, 2011, 10:38:55 AM
Reply #79
That and him deciding its best use was as an outhouse.

October 16, 2011, 10:09:13 PM
Reply #80
Hmm, just watched this episode with my Uncle again tonight, he didn't like it. He was disgusted at the song (he is a music freak, bad music IMO) and with the fact that the animals in Equestria could not function and survive without the help of ponies.

Previously known by "Rainbow Dash"
Role-Play Characters: J-Roc and T, Shrouded Wings.
Previous Role-Play Characters: Rainbow Dash
Favorite RRP Character Ever: Night Wolf
Need a name change? Hit me up if you need one.

Quote Collection

November 11, 2011, 05:33:42 PM
Reply #81
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/world/881263-french-built-fake-paris-to-fool-german-pilots

Anyone else amused that the French plan is exactly like insane Twilight's plan to fool Celestia?

"We need to build an exact copy of Paris over zere- ZE HAVE FIVE MINUTES!"
Fancy reading a fanfiction by Charlemagne2011, pre-read by yours truely? No? Tough. Read it guys.
http://themariofan2007.deviantart.com/art/Life-Anew-chapter-1-273466306

I tried to think of something incredibly witty, and I did, but I'll pretend I'm not at all funny and that I'm below average intelligence,which I'm not, I'm incredibly intellectual-umm I mean, I'm a twat? And use no emoticons?

November 11, 2011, 06:05:53 PM
Reply #82
Classiest episode of the series.

Everyone who posts in here needs to talk stereotypically classy starting.... now, my esteemed gentlemen and fair ladies.

November 12, 2011, 12:57:39 AM
Reply #83
I've only seen the song, maybe I outta watch this episode sometime. :P

November 13, 2011, 07:45:29 AM
Reply #84
I've only seen the song, maybe I outta watch this episode sometime. :P

The song is definitely the highlight of the episode - and my second-favourite song from the show thus far - but it's a pretty great episode all-round! It has quite a few funny moments and it's the only winter-themed episode that we've had, so it's quite nice and Christmassy in places...

I did really enjoy this episode on first viewing, and I still do, but it is one of the slightly less-memorable episodes of Season 1 for me... the song obviously sticks out but I almost feel that if it wasn't for that, then the episode would join Fall Weather Friends in the "pretty damn good, but nothing too memorable" category for me. It wasn't one of my favourite morals of the series; I get what they were going for, but I found the execution to be a bit clunky and too specific to the series of events within the episode, and I can't see so many ways to apply it to real-life scenarios. On a broader note though, I do appreciate how it ties into the "don't feel pressured into carving out a niche for yourself, do what you're best at and find your true talent" theme that the show carries, which is a moral that I find to be very important and strikes a chord with me, personally.

November 13, 2011, 12:34:48 PM
Reply #85
Well I think it goes without saying that the song is a masterpiece. It's so well made!
Ponies are too awesome!

November 13, 2011, 12:40:45 PM
Reply #86
This is the best thing that ever came out of this episode.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhIx01itNU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhIx01itNU</a>

Previously known by "Rainbow Dash"
Role-Play Characters: J-Roc and T, Shrouded Wings.
Previous Role-Play Characters: Rainbow Dash
Favorite RRP Character Ever: Night Wolf
Need a name change? Hit me up if you need one.

Quote Collection

November 23, 2011, 12:39:19 AM
Reply #87
I was surprised the song came so early, I thought it would come later.

November 23, 2011, 01:44:11 AM
Reply #88
I was surprised the song came so early, I thought it would come later.

Same, really, I could say this about other songs too, At The Gala and the one in May the Best Pet Win, they always seem to come early in the ep, I'm not sure why that is, or if I like it or not, but it's...what happens!

September 28, 2013, 11:13:16 PM
Reply #89
EqD post on Winter Wrap-Up:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/09/1166-days-of-pony-winter-wrap-up.html

This one's a solid, decent episode that I can't work up the feelings to say I like it or dislike it.  The only part that really made me feel anything was when Applejack chewed out Twilight and Twilight running away crying.  It was a really sad moment, and it really made me hate Spike for being so insensitive.  Really, even though he wanted to go back to bed, this wasn't funny, Twilight was actually brought to TEARS here, and jerkassery, even indirectly, that brings someone to that should be ashamed!

I also like the moral; here I thought the town would learn to not let their traditions get in the way of being practical and using magic...  and really, if Ponyville was founded by Earth ponies, and thus don't use magic for this, then why are there Pegasus ponies doing stuff?  I mean, if it's about doing things the Earth pony way, you can't have ponies doing stuff Earth ponies can't do, right?  Contraction, or double standard?  I'll let you decide.

And lastly there's the song.  I know people are going to give me Hell for this, but I...  don't care for it.  I don't hate it, I'm just not feeling the hype.  Everyone goes on and on about how catchy it is and how it's one of the best songs of the show, but...  no, I don't really like it all that much.  I mean, it's a good song, Daniel Ingram you know, but I dunno, it's not a song that I'd listen to or even one that I'd immediately associate with this show, as so many fans do.

December 21, 2013, 10:49:35 PM
Reply #90

And nothing else?

I can do that!

I can also make shadow puppets with my penis!