Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Poll

Rate the episode "Green isn't your color".

5 Stars
29 (50.9%)
4 Stars
21 (36.8%)
3 Stars
6 (10.5%)
2 Stars
1 (1.8%)
1 Star
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: 1x20 - Green Isn't Your Color  (Read 11084 times)

July 10, 2011, 04:57:03 AM
Reply #75
Solid episode, and only soldifies my enjoyment of Rarity and Spike.  I love that little guy and I really hope he gots thrown a bone or two in Season 2.

I hope he gets a really good episode next season, the only episode he really had to himself was Owls Well that Ends Well, which turned out fairly average. I'd like to see the moment when Rarity finds out about Spike's "secret" crush on her.

July 10, 2011, 01:16:44 PM
Reply #76
I'd like to see the moment when Rarity finds out about Spike's "secret" crush on her.

I have to say that she knows already from the way she interacts with him and that like any girl who has a good friend whose "little brother" has a crush on her she's just interacting with him until he grows out of it.

July 10, 2011, 02:27:10 PM
Reply #77
On that topic I'm reminded of Alex Wolff having a crush on their babysitter. And yes, I watched that show, I'm lame like that.
CURRENT PROJCET:
Rebuild: The End of Flutter Valley
Please check it out! Critique! Suggest! Avast! ...wait, scratch that last part...

Also check out Al-1701's project, My Little Pony Legends!
http://mlplegends.blogspot.com/

July 10, 2011, 02:42:56 PM
Reply #78
I have to say that she knows already from the way she interacts with him and that like any girl who has a good friend whose "little brother" has a crush on her she's just interacting with him until he grows out of it.

Indeed, she treats him tolerent kindness; praising him without encouraging his crush.  Though it would be much funnier if Rarity, for all her intelligence and powers of perception, was totally unaware.

July 13, 2011, 06:59:34 AM
Reply #79
I hold this episode in fairly high regard. It's one of the funnier ones imo, and features two of my fav characters. Spike was hilarious as usual too.

July 29, 2011, 10:34:50 AM
Reply #80
The best thing about this episode: "DE MAGICS!" Seriously I love Photo Finish's accent.
Oh, and Emo Fluttershy. But seriously, this is a good episode, it's got a good amount of your daily Fluttershy. I love Pinkie in this episode. "FOREEEEVEERRRRR!" Ha, she's nuts. Rarity and Fluttershy both not being happy and not wanting to tell eachother, it's great. They just both needed to tell eachother the truth, cause they're friends and they would understand. But of course, ponies don't think this through!

August 16, 2011, 03:14:19 PM
Reply #81
I did not care for this episode, mostly because I hate how Rarity and Fluttershy had to bottle up how they feel to make the other happy, even though they hate what's going on.  And how Twilight couldn't have resolved all of this by saying it, but she was forced to make a promise and breaking a promise is the fastest way to lose a friend.

For-EVER!

I also didn't like Photo Finish, taking credit for "finding" Fluttershy and basically ignoring her wants and needs.

In a way, the whole experience just felt awkward.  And I don't like awkward moments.

August 16, 2011, 03:20:09 PM
Reply #82
I loved that they completely avoided Fluttershy getting a swelled ego from the whole experience though. hah, 3 for 3 in avoided cliche plot uses. I know she's not the type to get an ego, but still, in any other series no matter how generally kind they usually are, they get warped all too easily by the fame.

August 16, 2011, 04:11:55 PM
Reply #83
To me, the idea that Fluttershy would get a swelled ego never occurred tome, because that's not who Fluttershy is.  If that happened, it would be completely out of character.  Fluttershy is awkward around other ponies and doesn't like being in the spotlight, hence why she hates this job.  Then again, I didn't expect Fluttershy to shout, go insane and demand that animals love her, but there she was in Best Night Ever.

Besides, the whole "swelled ego" thing was used already, with Rarity in Sonic Rainboom.

August 16, 2011, 06:02:34 PM
Reply #84
To me, the idea that Fluttershy would get a swelled ego never occurred tome, because that's not who Fluttershy is.  If that happened, it would be completely out of character.  Fluttershy is awkward around other ponies and doesn't like being in the spotlight, hence why she hates this job.  Then again, I didn't expect Fluttershy to shout, go insane and demand that animals love her, but there she was in Best Night Ever.

Besides, the whole "swelled ego" thing was used already, with Rarity in Sonic Rainboom.

There's a difference though. As I said, no matter how kind the character in another series is, they'll get that way. Then again, Flutter embodies kindness, so that could help defeat any such thoughts. As for Rarity, you can expect it from her, because, well, it's Rarity.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:00:26 PM by FlamingLight »

August 16, 2011, 06:32:31 PM
Reply #85
Yeah...  I think that was established at the beginning of the series.  Fluttershy literally embodies kindness, just like Applejack embodies honesty and Pinkie Pie embodies Laughter!

Sometimes we need to be reminded that Rainbow Dash is supposed to be loyal and Rarity is supposed to be generous, though...

August 16, 2011, 07:46:09 PM
Reply #86
I do not think we need reminding of those two. Rarity is always willing to give the ponies whatever they need to look better and even had an entire episode based around her making dresses for her friends. Rarity also, despite being jealous, GAVE fluttershy the encouragement to be the model. Basically she was generous in a different sense that wasnt through physical possessions but opportunities. Flutterhy just didn't want to be unkind and make Rarity think that she didn't appreciate the opportunity.

Rainbow Dash is always loyal to ALL of her friends. Even Gilda who seemed like a complete jerk to everyone else. Rainbow stood by her side until the end where Gilda decided to leave. I do not think Rainbow has ever completely ignored one of her friends to just do her own thing.

August 16, 2011, 08:23:00 PM
Reply #87
People seem to focus more on Rarity's vanity and Rainbow Dash's arrogance and determination to win at any cost.

Then again, there are LOADS of huge Rarity and Rainbow Dash fans who know their characters inside and out.  What I just described was just looking at the two at face value, but when you dig a little deeper, you'll see there's more to it then that.

August 16, 2011, 09:46:25 PM
Reply #88
If you ask me, this episode was okay. There wasn't anything that made it stand out, though.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Dying in a plane crash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 16, 2011, 09:50:59 PM
Reply #89
If you ask me, this episode was okay. There wasn't anything that made it stand out, though.

really? I hold it as my second favorite episode.  :monster: I loved it. Plenty of pinkie, conflict, photo finish, catchy background music.

August 16, 2011, 10:03:38 PM
Reply #90
I know it was established, that's why I brought up the fact of the matter, because it related to to WHY she didn't flip her personality around.

Yeah, trust me, I see Rarity(and ash too), as more then those. I was only saying Rarity isn't that surprising to show an inflated ego. ..Then again, I was pretty surprised when I saw it in Sonic Rainboom. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't of been AS surprised.

October 07, 2013, 08:11:17 PM
Reply #91
EqD post on Green Isn't Your Color:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/2066-days-of-pony-green-isnt-your-color.html

I don't like this episode for one simple reason, and it's a huge pet peeve of mine.  I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE misunderstandings!  And I ESPECIALLY hate understandings like this where if they just told each other the truth, everything would be fine!  Yeah, that's the lesson they learn, still doesn't make this entertaining to watch.  It's also a little annoying to see Twilight not telling them because of some stupid promise, though given that this is a Pinkie Promise (called Pinkie Swear here), it's a good thing she kept it, for her own safety.  Incidentally, I realized something: Twilight broke her promise to keep Spike's obvious crush on Rarity a secret, but it wasn't a PINKIE Promise, so Pinkie didn't flip out here.  Again, not sure that the only pony who heard her say that would care or know what she was talking about regardless...

I DO like seeing Fluttershy in those dresses and with those various hairstyles, since I love Fluttershy so much...  I also kind of like the fact that this hints early on that upper class ponies are nothing but mindless sheep, going along with something just because it's trendy or someone who seems to be "in the know" supports it.

And Photo Finish...  Everyone else goes ga-ga over her...  She doesn't do much for me, unfortunately.  I DO like the Spa ponies at the beginning, though.

So yeah, won't be watching it again.

October 08, 2013, 02:27:18 AM
Reply #92
Not one of my most watched eps.

October 08, 2013, 04:52:30 AM
Reply #93
Anyone notice that the background music for Fluttershy's rising-star montage is exactly the same as the one Vinyl played for the bad fashion show in "Suited for Success" -- right down to the fizzle at the end?

I can't decide whether it's lazy or brilliant. Probably both at the same time.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.