Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Poll

Rate the episode "Green isn't your color".

5 Stars
29 (50.9%)
4 Stars
21 (36.8%)
3 Stars
6 (10.5%)
2 Stars
1 (1.8%)
1 Star
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: 1x20 - Green Isn't Your Color  (Read 11076 times)

March 18, 2011, 01:15:20 PM
Rushed home as fast as I could to catch this ep, got home just after it had started (was just after the first commercial break I'm assuming). Haven't had time to fully analyze it yet, but it seemed kinda odd and the ending felt sudden.

Still a decent episode though, lots of Fluttershy! <3

Oh, and hi, newly-addicted MLP fan.

Bah, someone's beat me to it. Ya can remove this thread xP
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:45:00 AM by The Derpy One »

March 18, 2011, 01:15:23 PM
Reply #1
Hooray, due to the vague discrepancies of my work schedule as my career plummets down the toilet I actually got to be at home to see an episode as it aired! :D

No, wait...is that...huh... :-[...

Now we don't have spoiler tags on this forum, so consider yourself warned!

I'm absolutely in love with the Rarity and Fluttershy dynamic. It made Suited for Success a better episode, and it plays out to its full potential in Green Isn't Your Color. I think that they use that well. I'm glad to see that they consider each other best friends, as Rarity mentions.

Pinkie Pie here plays an amazing role. Her personality is used amazingly well in this episode, and she pulls off her "WTF' moments with hilarious regularity that somehow doesn't seem overused. Her final mirror gag was baffling and made me smirk. Was she really there or was Twilight imagining it?

Twilight's moments while trying to keep the secret were hilarious. I worry that she's being downplayed as the series goes on, but here she shows why she's still important to the cast.

Big criticism...no Applejack or Dash. What's the point of having an ensemble cast if you don't use the characters?

Spike of course turns all that he touches to gold. From his "pincushion moment" to his "secret" he adds so much.

I was actually disturbed by how much they downplayed the secondary lesson of the episode, namely that "Sometimes there are secrets that, for a friend's sake, should not be kept." With they type of world we live in and kids grow up in, I think that one should have it's own episode.

Anyway, great ep! The cast, crew, and development team should be proud!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:22:05 PM by TheDescendant »

March 18, 2011, 01:16:28 PM
Reply #2
Sorry dude, didn't see you beat me to it. :-[

March 18, 2011, 01:16:46 PM
Reply #3
Yours is better, remove this one :P

March 18, 2011, 01:25:57 PM
Reply #4
Hooray, due to the vague discrepancies of my work schedule as my career plummets down the toilet I actually got to be at home to see an episode as it aired! :D

Heheh, you're not the only one! Long story short, I cut the last half of my last-period class (wasn't doing anything there anyways) to rush home and catch the 1:30 airing.

Very good indeed! I lol'd when Pinkie Pie just popped up out of nowhere at the Spa :P I'm liking her more and more, lately!

Though oddly, the ending/resolution felt a little rushed. Dunno why, I'll probably have to re-watch the episode again.

March 18, 2011, 01:34:00 PM
Reply #5
Though oddly, the ending/resolution felt a little rushed. Dunno why, I'll probably have to re-watch the episode again.

Agreed, I got that same feeling too...it was like 1:57 when they were just beginning Fluttershy's little tirade where she "kicks" the vase (her adorable, adorable, adorable little tirades in this ep!) and I was thinking, "How does this become a two-parter?" Anywho, they finished it off...maybe a touch...too quickly...

March 18, 2011, 01:47:51 PM
Reply #6
Am I the only one who could relate to something in this episode? D:

I kept getting embarrassed because I knew what it was like when Rarity was secretly jealous of Fluttershy ~__~

I know it's extremely petty/retarded/etc. BUT NEITHER OF US COULD HELP IT ;_______;

also lol "stick a cupcake in my eye"

EDIT: OH AND IT WAS NICE TO SEE THE SPA PONIES AGAIN :D

March 18, 2011, 02:23:33 PM
Reply #7
Urgh... It's just so NICE to live in FKING Iceland.. when they don't fucking air the episodes here.. and I have to WAIT till 23:00 tonight and that sucks dick. :( :(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

March 18, 2011, 02:51:09 PM
Reply #8
Urgh... It's just so NICE to live in FKING Iceland.. when they don't fucking air the episodes here.. and I have to WAIT till 23:00 tonight and that sucks dick. :( :(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

join the club. will probebly have to wait till tomorrow morning a ways

edit; this ones better

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkYxvM3V5g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkYxvM3V5g</a>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:25:18 PM by fluttershy »
humty dumty sat on the wall
humty dumty had a great fall
humty stood up and rubbed her head
....humty dumty was never an egg
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
nothing can stop the spooge

March 18, 2011, 04:38:46 PM
Reply #9
Photo Finish could almost be my new favourite minor-role pony! :) And only because she's not Hoity-Toity. Speaking of those characters though, we've been seeing a lot of famous ponies lately. First Hoity, then Sapphire and now Photo Finish? Anywho, I enjoyed this episode, as The Descendant said, the Rarity and Fluttershy dynamic was used really well, plus Twilight trying to keep secrets was hilarious! Plus, we see alot of fan-favourites in this episode too- "Lotus" the spa pony, Derpy again, Bon Bon (with a new and less funny voice), what sounds like Hoity Toity in the fashion show sequence and those posh ponies from Rarity's fantasy as well.

March 18, 2011, 05:48:33 PM
Reply #10
This could be one of my favourite episodes. XD
Fluttershy's scream and her kick were just... cute XD

March 18, 2011, 06:02:09 PM
Reply #11
This could be one of my favourite episodes. XD
Fluttershy's scream and her kick were just... cute XD

her sneeze, man

<3

i watched this episode, then i spent 30 mins + in the bath with a huge smile on my face

i love spikes t shirl, all the takes, and its a really neat fluttershy episode, as well as not a bad rarity episode

such a good episode. must watch again

[/spoiler]

March 18, 2011, 06:11:58 PM
Reply #12
I liked the episode, but how many more do we need centered on Rarity? When are we getting back to Applejack or Twilight?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

March 18, 2011, 06:15:11 PM
Reply #13
EDIT: OH AND IT WAS NICE TO SEE THE SPA PONIES AGAIN :D

FUCK I read this as Sea Ponies and almost orgasmed :(

okay... may as well just watch the ep now  :monster:

Yours is better, remove this one
nah we'll just merge em.

March 18, 2011, 06:22:25 PM
Reply #14
FUCK I read this as Sea Ponies and almost orgasmed :(

thats exactly what i did :D
[/spoiler]

March 18, 2011, 06:26:23 PM
Reply #15

March 18, 2011, 06:43:14 PM
Reply #16
WOOOOO Thankies sooo much Fluttershyy <333 :D :D

Finally!!

March 18, 2011, 06:48:22 PM
Reply #17
Fluttershy's scream and sneeze, Pinkie Pie's extreme randomness, the chemistry of Fluttershy and Rarity, Twilight's attempts to hold the secrets. All of this and more definitely made this a wonderful episode.

Only downside was the lack of Applejack and Rainbow Dash, but there are episodes that have that couple OTP covered.

BTW, did anyone else think "Lady Gaga" when they saw Photo Finish?

March 18, 2011, 06:51:02 PM
Reply #18
Ahh what a EPIC Lady Gaga reference at the beginning xD

She even looks like her. xD

I'm just starting to watch this episode and IMMEDIATLY ITZ freaking AWESOME!!! <3333

Thank you Lauren for the most awesome and well created cartoon EVER!!! :D

March 18, 2011, 07:14:41 PM
Reply #19
BTW, did anyone else think "Lady Gaga" when they saw Photo Finish?

Yeah, she had the same hair style I think GaGa had once (or more, idk). :lol:

March 18, 2011, 07:22:07 PM
Reply #20
another rarity episode! she sure is getting a lot of screen time.
Fluttershy and rarity are such cute friends, I just wanted to squish them <3 and I totally love all of rarity's fashions.

March 18, 2011, 07:26:09 PM
Reply #21
Don't know why people think twilight is an idiot.

This episode was awesome. Fluttershy's scream and vase kicking was adorable, and man lyra was such a jerk to rarity.

And of course rarity's I want to be alone, and spike in general.

But what really made this episode was stalking pinkie. I especially loved the part where she is slowly eating the apple and glaring threateningly at twilight as if saying...

Pinkie: See this apple Twilight? This is going to be you if you dare to break a pinkie swear.

Considering her methods of making cupcakes I wouldn't put it past her lol.

And I saw derpy. Poor derpy just wanted to see the show.

BANNED

March 18, 2011, 08:15:03 PM
Reply #22
"FOOOOOOOREEEEVEEEER!!!"

As much as the story of this episode could of used 2 epis to flesh it out better, it was still awesome for what it was. The gags and interactions were all perfectly integrated, plus it's nice to see more of various specific friendships.

March 18, 2011, 08:26:20 PM
Reply #23
I forgot to mention Bon-Bon having a different voice in this one.

...I like it more than that other one...I hope it stays if she ever has a speaking part again >__>

March 18, 2011, 08:43:10 PM
Reply #24
And I saw derpy. Poor derpy just wanted to see the show.

Which brings up a point: How well connected in Ponyville is Derpy? She was seen (in visions) at the Galloping Gala thingy, at the fasion show, and at pretty much every other event ever. I'm beginning to think she's pretty damn high up the social ladder XD