News:

Poll

pony?

PONY!!!!!
PONY!!!!
PONY!!!
PONY!!
PONY!

Author Topic: 1x03 - The Ticket Master  (Read 5000 times)

June 26, 2011, 09:34:20 PM
Reply #25
It doesn't matter if Applejack had the best reason or not, that wasn't Twilight's problem.

She didn't want to disappoint her new friends and create some jealousy. They could've thought Twilight prefered somepony over the others. It could have affected their friendship. Applejack could have got the best reason in the world Twilight would still have doubted because of this.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 09:36:47 PM by Applejack »

July 13, 2011, 06:58:50 AM
Reply #26
I agree Applejack had the best reason, but yeah, I agree with you above me, um... Applejack. =P

As for the episode, it's a good introduction to the rest of the series, but not one of my favs. Pinkie's songs were cool though and it had some funny moments. Not bad by any means.

July 31, 2011, 11:39:56 PM
Reply #27
Applejack's was the most selfish. She wanted to exploit hungry customers at the gala selling $6 apple pie slices so that she can expand her empire of apples and eventually monopolize the apple market. Since horses ponies love apples, she'd have infinite power over Equestria.

And that is why my little pony: FiM is so awesome. You can come up with so many ideas about it.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Dying in a plane crash.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 01, 2011, 02:05:39 AM
Reply #28
I think Applejack's reason made the most sense because it was the most plausible, buuut I can still see why from Twilight Sparkle's POV it was difficult to choose. Something I've noticed throughout the first season is that Twilight Sparkle is not as socially "capable" as the rest of the ponies and is oblivious to others needs/feelings sometimes. (just think about the Pinkie/Gilda situation, or when Spike was jealous of Owlowiscious, orrr when her friends wanted her to show up Trixie). I can how she would have trouble reaching that conclusion just based on her character, and if she did reach it I can see why she would still struggle to let her friends down.

twitterdeviantartlast.fm

August 01, 2011, 04:26:37 PM
Reply #29
I think Applejack's reason made the most sense because it was the most plausible, buuut I can still see why from Twilight Sparkle's POV it was difficult to choose. Something I've noticed throughout the first season is that Twilight Sparkle is not as socially "capable" as the rest of the ponies and is oblivious to others needs/feelings sometimes. (just think about the Pinkie/Gilda situation, or when Spike was jealous of Owlowiscious, orrr when her friends wanted her to show up Trixie). I can how she would have trouble reaching that conclusion just based on her character, and if she did reach it I can see why she would still struggle to let her friends down.

As far as Boast Busters goes, she was too focused on thinking she'd lose her friends though. As for everything else, she does have the excuse of only being used to having real friends for not very long.

August 16, 2011, 03:10:05 PM
Reply #30
I liked this episode.  I can't explain why...  I just do.

I also like talking about this episode, about who deserved the ticket most (Applejack), about how much of a jerk Princess Celestia was for putting Twilight through all this (SHE knew what she did), and I like Pinkie Pie's Grand Galloping Gala song, even though the Gala was bound NOT to be the way she imagined it.

In fact, which the exception of Fluttershy and possible Applejack, I expected everyone to not get what they wanted by the time the Grand Galloping Gala arrived.  But that's for when the first season ends.

The best part was when Spike said he wants nothing to do with all that "girly froo-froo nonsense".  Spike, you're in the wrong TV show.

August 16, 2011, 03:14:34 PM
Reply #31
First time I saw the title , I instantly thought "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory".

But I like it , it teaches a good moral , and the characters are acting funny......in my opinon...
*insert signature here*

August 16, 2011, 04:02:18 PM
Reply #32
First time I saw the title , I instantly thought "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory".
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_uSlEEPSk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_uSlEEPSk</a>

July 04, 2012, 05:34:57 PM
Reply #33
Sorry for the bump, but I've realized something. If Twilight got two tickets, wouldn't the second one have been for her oldest friend from Canterlot, Spike? He seems like the obvious choice for her.

July 05, 2012, 04:15:27 AM
Reply #34
Next month will mark my one year as a Brony thanks to this episode I bought on DVD.  :D

July 05, 2012, 12:14:06 PM
Reply #35
Sorry for the bump, but I've realized something. If Twilight got two tickets, wouldn't the second one have been for her oldest friend from Canterlot, Spike? He seems like the obvious choice for her.

Spike made it quite apparent he had no interest in going (even though he was sort of lying)

July 05, 2012, 09:48:46 PM
Reply #36
I think that was Celestia's intention, even though Spike said he wasn't interested.  Maybe that's why she said what she said in the letter at the end, like she didn't realize Twilight's other friends wanted to go.

August 08, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
Reply #37
applejack should had it because of the fact she wants it for non-selfish reasons.
of course this problem would been resolved if celestia just send the 5 tickets in the first place. :lol:
[\img]http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28200000/Best-In-The-World-Rainbow-Dash-style-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-28246370-531-496.jpg[\img]

September 20, 2013, 10:52:19 PM
Reply #38
Bumping because of Equestria Daily's post on The Ticket Master, as part of their countdown to season 4:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/09/366-days-of-pony-ticket-master.html

Not sure what to think of this episode, other than it was the last episode actually written by Lauren Faust, and just makes me wish she continued to be the showrunner...  Then again, if she stayed, we probably wouldn't have gotten that awesome, heart-warming episode of Wander Over Yonder, so I suppose it all worked out...  sort of.

September 20, 2013, 11:09:19 PM
Reply #39
Looking back with the knowledge that this was the first script Faust wrote for this series, I can't help but think she was kind of lowballing it. She really didn't seem to think that she would get to do much with this show save for a quirky episodic two shorts girls show. I guess she was playing to executive expectations, and it turned out that she could do more then she expected with the show.