News:

Poll

pony?

PONY!!!!!
PONY!!!!
PONY!!!
PONY!!
PONY!

Author Topic: 1x03 - The Ticket Master  (Read 4992 times)

March 16, 2011, 05:36:40 PM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDznA93l4wg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDznA93l4wg</a>

i have an issue with this episode; before the outcome, its clearly AJ who should get the ticket, at least in my opinion

she's the first one that offered, and the first one that backs down. she's the only one that doesn't want the ticket for purely selfish or silly reasons also

dash is a close second, i guess, but her dream is to join the wonderbolts, and she only knows about the ticket because she was napping when she should have been helping

i dunno. not my favwit, but there wasn't a topic for it already, so...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:50:44 AM by The Derpy One »
humty dumty sat on the wall
humty dumty had a great fall
humty stood up and rubbed her head
....humty dumty was never an egg
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
nothing can stop the spooge

March 16, 2011, 05:42:19 PM
Reply #1
Oh yeah! How did we miss this episode? It's pretty fun for me, I do like the how the gang are badly disguising their attempts to get the ticket as doing favours. I thought Applejack gave the best reason as well, she was being altruistic and just wanted stuff for her family. Overall, it's not my absolute favourite, but it's all good fun.

March 16, 2011, 05:45:22 PM
Reply #2
Thirding what y'all said about Applejack.

March 16, 2011, 05:55:10 PM
Reply #3
"Fluttershy, are you just doing this so I'll give you the ticket?"
"Oh no. I'm just doing this because we're friends." *looks at Angel* "Um, I mean, yes. We are doing it for the ticket"
XD

March 16, 2011, 06:15:38 PM
Reply #4
The two ponies I loved in this episode is Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. She is da best!

March 16, 2011, 06:56:49 PM
Reply #5
When I originally watched this episode, I felt AJ deserved the extra ticket the most. She asked the first, and her motive seemed the most altruistic.

March 16, 2011, 09:16:39 PM
Reply #6
Yeah, AJ definitely deserved the ticket the most.

I did like how Pinkie's reason for going to the Gala was to... well, go to Gala. XD

Also, this line:
"Fluttershy, are you just doing this so I'll give you the ticket?"
"Oh no. I'm just doing this because we're friends." *looks at Angel* "Um, I mean, yes. We are doing it for the ticket"
XD

March 17, 2011, 01:07:18 AM
Reply #7
I like the part with two Derpys :D

March 17, 2011, 01:29:14 AM
Reply #8
This was the first episode I ever saw.

So it gets points for being okay enough to suck me in.

(also yes, I thought AJ had the best...if not only good...reason for the ticket x__X)

March 17, 2011, 01:38:54 AM
Reply #9
BUZZARDS THAT REALLY BUZZ

March 17, 2011, 09:12:54 AM
Reply #10

March 17, 2011, 10:52:12 AM
Reply #11
Fourthing. Applejack's reasons were for more ponies than herself. And even since the 'sprite infestation, she'll REALLY need the money that was spent on the new barn.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

March 17, 2011, 08:34:26 PM
Reply #12
The best episode evah!

March 20, 2011, 07:16:27 PM
Reply #13
So who do you guys think had the best reason to go?  I agree with those that say Applejack's was very unselfish, but I also can't help but think that Pinkie's the only one who wants to go to the Gala for the purpose of going to the Gala.

March 21, 2011, 11:47:10 PM
Reply #14
Well she does say that the Gala is the best place for her...

March 22, 2011, 02:10:35 AM
Reply #15
Someone should post this in this thread.

March 22, 2011, 09:35:25 AM
Reply #16
Someone should post this in this thread.

(Big image.)

Ha ha ha.

March 22, 2011, 06:36:25 PM
Reply #17
See? Fluttershy should have had the ticket all along. She's the only one who didn't get shot down XD

March 22, 2011, 11:32:47 PM
Reply #18
Of course we know they haven't even gone yet.  I still wonder if the finale is going to be them at the gala.

March 23, 2011, 02:39:34 AM
Reply #19
I think that reasons, selfish or not, is still a good reason. This is my thoughts.

* Applejacks's reason, yes, is selfless, so is indeed seemly powerful. So is obvious not to go too much into it.
* Rainbow Dash said it: Live the dream. One thing that we should learn is that opportunities come and go and if lost, who knows if it comes back.
* Pinkie Pie loves parties, and who doesn't love parties? I even get excited when an interesting event comes and get the eagerness to go.
* Rarity's is like the Cinderella desire, great opportunities might have great comeuppance.... even if we just daydream it.
* Fluttershy... If I was invited to a conference meeting or something like that in L.A. but there is also a video game expo nearby that I have chance to go... Why not?

I might be overanalyzing to much... but well... That's what I think.

Peace.

April 12, 2011, 01:23:09 PM
Reply #20
This episode's alright. Yeah, I might have to say that Pinkie Pie should've went to the gala because, well, it's the gala. XD

Also, the Benny Hill part was funny. XD

April 13, 2011, 02:14:02 AM
Reply #21
hahaha, Love the huge picture someone posted... gotta love it, really well made. XD

Benny hill part was Awesome! XD

May 20, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
Reply #22
Applejack should have got it, if Twilight absolutely had to choose. Pinkie Pie's was silly, she could have had a party whenever. Rarity's was superficial and unrealistic, Fluttershy's was nice I suppose, but still a bit selfish, and Rainbow Dash's was my second choice, because she clearly has a dream. But Applejack is a very hard worker and I think she deserved it :3
<3

May 20, 2011, 11:45:47 PM
Reply #23
It seems 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the fanbase also thinks Applejack deserved the ticket. As I said from the very beginning, that I don't think the decision should have been difficult for Twilight. If I received tickets to something like the Gala and had a friend with financial needs who could set up shop and make some cash, he or she would be the friend I took, no contest.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

May 21, 2011, 06:33:17 PM
Reply #24
How bout this for an ending?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHonZ61r_tE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHonZ61r_tE</a>

;)