25 (37.3%)
3 stars... alright
7 (10.4%)
2 stars, not that good
2 (3%)
1 star, terrible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 1x19 - A Dog and Pony Show  (Read 12589 times)

March 11, 2011, 02:19:17 PM
Just managed to tape it off of the Hub. I think you'll all enjoy this fairly adventure based episode. You get see a few new sides of Rarity in this one.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:33:06 AM by The Derpy One »
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

March 11, 2011, 02:54:00 PM
Reply #1
Can't wait too see it on Fucking YOUTUBE  ::) 

Seems like a freaking awesome episode!! :D  Diamond dogs :O

March 11, 2011, 03:05:50 PM
Reply #2
I'm gonna wait till fullHD will be available. While so, I will stay clear of this topic. 

March 11, 2011, 03:44:41 PM
Reply #3
I SAW IT ON TV AND LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT :monster:

uggghhh I absolutely CAN'T wait for the youtube/stream/HD/download for it. I want to be a freak and watch it over and over.

(yeah, I think this has to be my favorite episode so far :x The scenario was just so...what XD)

March 11, 2011, 03:50:25 PM
Reply #4
the title, blurb and now review from curtain forum members does scream Children's Video Library :)

hurry up youtube...
humty dumty sat on the wall
humty dumty had a great fall
humty stood up and rubbed her head
....humty dumty was never an egg
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
nothing can stop the spooge

March 11, 2011, 04:24:16 PM
Reply #5
Did somepony say...

YOUTUBE?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFK6xVuX1rU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFK6xVuX1rU</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZ3dbDZshg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZ3dbDZshg</a>

I just adored Rarity in this episode, and I loved the fact that Spike got a large role in the ep as well!  :D I have to admit, the Diamond Dogs weren't what I was expecting, but they were fun.

Diamond dogs, just a bunch o' crazy diamond dogs,
oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:44:34 PM by Blokeman »

March 11, 2011, 04:53:13 PM
Reply #6
Love, loved, loved this episode. Rarity's ability to get the better of the Diamond Dogs was absolutely kickass, but the episode was chock full of awesome moments such as the flashbacks and when Applejack plays Whac-A-Mole with one of the Diamond Dogs.

March 11, 2011, 05:09:22 PM
Reply #7
I rewatched my recording of this, and I realized I pretty much forgot about Sapphire at the beginning. o__0 I doubt anyone cares, but will she have a role (any size) in another episode?

March 11, 2011, 05:20:38 PM
Reply #8
I rewatched my recording of this, and I realized I pretty much forgot about Sapphire at the beginning. o__0 I doubt anyone cares, but will she have a role (any size) in another episode?

Not very likely, outside of Ponyville characters and Celestia, how many other characters have made multiple appearances so far? Trixie, Gilda and Hoity Toity were WAY more important to their episodes, yet they've not made any further cameos yet. If I had to guess though, Sapphire will have about 2 seconds in the Grand Galloping Gala episode. Maybe.

March 11, 2011, 05:51:11 PM
Reply #9
Ahh you posted the episode here early!!! thanks so much blokeman!!! :3

Loved Sapphire from the beginning :D hahah she's so awesome and has a great voice. :D

HOLY MOLY THATS ALOT OF HOLIES! ^^
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:59:04 PM by Derpy Hooves »

March 11, 2011, 05:55:19 PM
Reply #10
Ahh you posted the episode here early!!! thanks so much blokeman!!! :3

Loved Sapphire from the beginning :D hahah she's so awesome and has a great voice. :D

Well, I didn't upload the vid to Youtube, but I found the link on Ponychan and figured no episode discussion on this board should be without the videos! I'm not sure what to make of Sapphire myself, I still prefer Hoity Toity for my " famous and classy fashion snob" needs!

March 11, 2011, 06:11:20 PM
Reply #11
I have this odd loyalty I've developed for Pensivepony and her channel. It's not HD, and sometimes she's not first, but I feel like I have to watch the episodes there...

I will therefore wait exactly one more hour before succumbing to the temptation to click Blokeman's offerings above....

*His mouse hovers above the YouTube links.*

59 minutes...

March 11, 2011, 06:33:13 PM
Reply #12
Ahh this episode was so much pure Awesomeness!! I loved every single damn part of it! ^^

hahaha the whining and crying part was AWESOME :D

Sapphire your BEST! :p

March 11, 2011, 07:00:17 PM
Reply #13
I loved Rarity's "digging". XD And her whining was hilarious.

March 11, 2011, 07:31:13 PM
Reply #14
I have to say this episode was a better than the last episode and much better than the one before and kinda have put the show back on track!

I think Rarity was brilliant in it, and Spike!  SPIKE was amazing.

Haha
Fairly poor villains though.

March 11, 2011, 07:51:28 PM
Reply #15
one of the best episodes for sure.
Spike finally got the screen time he deserved.
his fantasy was hilarious.

really good episode
PONIES

March 11, 2011, 08:33:19 PM
Reply #16
Have to agree on this being the best episode so far. 100% true.

Also the villains were awesome, Traditional classic "dumb" villains. xD also in the first scene of them .. they were parodying LOTR, "My precious" XD

March 11, 2011, 08:59:02 PM
Reply #17
Wow... Rarity keeps impressing me everytime... And really the voice actress Tabitha Germain makes gold in that role which amuses me even more. That was a really fun episode where the moral is "Don't f with Rarity". lol

I just laughed. Spike's macho fantasy made him look like he got blended with Metroman (Megamind) and those dogs reminded me of Gollum.

Loved it.

March 11, 2011, 10:11:42 PM
Reply #18
Rarity was amazing.

Spike was amazing.

The character interaction was amazing.

Amazing episode. ;)

March 11, 2011, 10:30:15 PM
Reply #19
I have to disagree with those saying this was the best episode.  It was good but not the best.  It was certainly better than the last two episodes by miles and miles though. 

Somethings I really liked about episode were the fact that there were actual villains.  It's nice to see villains doing things like kidnapping ponies... such a shame they were such idiots :P  Spike was also hilarious.  I loved his fantasy and I absolutely adored his "Rarity! Woods!  Gems... somethingsomething bacon!  SAVE HER!"... well that's what I heard anyway :monster:  And overall it was just good to have the main cast involved again.

I didn't really care for the Diamond Dogs themselves.  And I felt that Twilight being able to  copy Rarity's spell was a bit of a plot hole but... eh it's a kids show :P

So good episode, but I'd disagree that it was the best.

March 11, 2011, 10:35:59 PM
Reply #20
How is it a plothole? They explained that Rarity showed her how to do it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

March 11, 2011, 10:38:02 PM
Reply #21
It's a plot hole that she conveniently was shown off screen how to do it is what I'm saying :monster:

March 11, 2011, 10:51:22 PM
Reply #22
After two weeks of meh episodes thanks to the cmc it is nice that we're back to having good episodes of actual quality again.

Rarity was hilarious this episode, and was I the only one who found twilight and fluttershy's daydreams hilarious because they sounded so in character for rarity what with her ocd?

Haha and of course manspike. XD

Though he totally should have come in there looking like Kenshiro, and went fist of the north star on them, but chiseled chin manspike is jjust as good.

And am I the only one who thought rarity's complaining and whining was absolutely adorable? Though I have to wonder how one would in fact chip a hoof.

As for everyponyelse they were portrayed wonderfully. Though I found it quite conveient that twilight just happened to have learned rarity's specialty?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:56:53 PM by amatsubu »

BANNED

March 11, 2011, 11:54:25 PM
Reply #23
I know I said I wouldn't be around for this episode, but due to a real life emergency, here I end up. 

Rarity is adorable.  I found the Diamond Dogs very annoying somehow.  I wonder what would have happened had they kidnapped Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash.  It was nice to see Spike's crush return.  =)

March 12, 2011, 12:35:48 AM
Reply #24
Also... is it me or the jewels looks like Legend of Zelda rupees?