Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 1x18 - The Show Stoppers  (Read 12558 times)

March 04, 2011, 10:43:32 PM
Reply #25
Really? He debuted in 1974. It's not like he's a recent muppet.

i'm pretty sure this skit apears on my sesemy street old school box set, which made me happy because i remember seeing it sometime in the 80's and loving it

mary had a little bicycle
its paint was red as fire
but every time mary wanted to ride
the bicycle had a flat tire

from memory

anyhoo, just popped in to say that i havn't seen the episode yet, but the person who uploaded this seems to be a fluttershy fan

squee <3

ok, see ya'll in about 22 minutes...
humty dumty sat on the wall
humty dumty had a great fall
humty stood up and rubbed her head
....humty dumty was never an egg
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]
nothing can stop the spooge

March 04, 2011, 11:20:42 PM
Reply #26
So, Applebloom should have made the scenery, Scootaloo (sp?) should havbe done the dancing, and Sweety Belle should have done the singing. This episode takes me back to my childhood and the disastrous talent shows my friends and I participated in. Loved the episode.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

March 04, 2011, 11:35:29 PM
Reply #27
Oh yeah. First Pinkie made a self reference to the title and now Twilight did so twice. Oh man Twilight's gained Pinkie's fourth wall breaking powers.

I prefer to think that they are Twilight Sparkle's secret love children and she is trying to drop not-so-subtle hints that they are her little ponies.

March 05, 2011, 12:16:20 AM
Reply #28
I prefer to think that they are Twilight Sparkle's secret love children and she is trying to drop not-so-subtle hints that they are her little ponies.

But if that were the case the only one possible for fatherhood would be... gasp

Princess Celestia.

How she gonna explain that?

BANNED

March 05, 2011, 12:23:47 AM
Reply #29
Twilight's reference to the CMC as "my little ponies" did strike me, but it's not like she's the first one to refer to others as such. I believe even Tirek referred to his captives as such, or at least as "little ponies".

March 05, 2011, 01:42:57 AM
Reply #30
But if that were the case the only one possible for fatherhood would be... gasp

Princess Celestia.

How she gonna explain that?

IT'S MAGIC,
I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT! :monster:

(ugh why do I never have appropriate macros with me right when I need them? :'()

March 05, 2011, 02:06:20 AM
Reply #31
It kinds bugs me that a lot of the fans seem to hate this episode already because the song they sang.

They seem to completely ignore the fact that it was SUPPOSE to be terrible!

March 05, 2011, 02:20:12 AM
Reply #32
But I liked it :(

EDIT:
also 2:06 Derpy is Derpy aaannnnddd
2:10, her eyes are actually spinning  :monster:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:25:26 AM by Dashell »

March 05, 2011, 03:08:44 AM
Reply #33
I actually liked this better than last week's. The CMC were much more tolerable, Scootaloo's singing was hilarious, and Snips and Snails make me laugh. Still not as good as other episodes, though. Kinda sick of the CMC.   :\

March 05, 2011, 03:09:38 AM
Reply #34
I don't know why people on the various Chans hate this episode so much. Most of their complaints just come down to "I HAET CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, WHERES MY WAIFU FLUTTERSHY DUURR?!". I actually enjoyed this more than the last episode, because it was consistently entertaining (though the montage dragged on too long) and the dialogue, with the exception of the two name drops, seemed much better. Overall though, it's an ok episode and yes, I'd like to go back to the mane cast now please.

March 05, 2011, 03:46:25 AM
Reply #35
Well honestly you have to admit that the cutie mark crusaders really suck compared to the main cast. It's like why would I want to watch an episode around snips and snails, or heck any character that is either annoying or usually unimportant rather than the good characters who are relevant to my interests?

Heck an episode about Cherilee would be a billion times better than an episode about snips, snails, or the cutie mark crusaders. Though as I said this one was better than last weeks.

IT'S MAGIC,
I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT! :monster:

(ugh why do I never have appropriate macros with me right when I need them? :'()

Celestia be using some serious black magic thar.

BANNED

March 05, 2011, 04:30:31 AM
Reply #36
BTW Derpy Hooves, can you possibly shrink the image in your signature?  It's a tad big.  I'd appreciate it ^_^

Done. :)

And to the rest of you, I have to agree, I'd like to get back to the main cast now, It has been too long now. :P  oh and did someone see Derpyy in there? ^^

Edit: wooot I saw Derpy with her derp-eyes :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:55:30 AM by Derpy Hooves »

March 05, 2011, 05:13:35 AM
Reply #37
Another cool episode! Better than last week's! I love the CMCs in this one! They were hillarious!! I mean really, They already have special talents! Sweetie Bell's singing, Scootaloo with her dancing and scooter riding (pretty bad ass for a filly!) and Applebloom's designer sense (right?), yet they were oblivious to it......

At least I learn something, your special talent might be in front of your nose all along :D

And Twilight's expression near the end.......LOLZ!!

March 05, 2011, 08:54:06 AM
Reply #38
I don't suppose anyone got the Sesame Street reference in this episode. It's when Scootaloo is trying to write a song on the piano and can't think of what to say and then bangs her head on the piano saying "never, never, never". It's a direct reference to the Don Music segments. Here's a refresher for those who forgot about them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJnzBFzEEY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJnzBFzEEY</a>

Great catch, Stoneh. :)

March 05, 2011, 09:05:19 AM
Reply #39
Aaaand they are Referencing Sesame street, one of my childhood shows ^^

March 05, 2011, 09:55:56 AM
Reply #40
This episode is better than the last one. And yes, I want to see the main cast again. I'm getting really burned out on the CMC right now.

I love Sweetie Belle's singing so much. That's my Sweetie Belle! :D

Yeah, the song at the end was so 80's. XD

March 05, 2011, 11:19:03 AM
Reply #41
Just watched..I gotta be honest, this might be one of my fave episodes yet,. or at least I view it as MUCH better then last week's. The song was amusing in  a so bad it's good kind of way. I'm glad they're at least being up front with their actual talents to the viewer(and Twilight)

CMC were also very cute this week, especially when they said they were nervous in unison. Come you, you had to want to huggle them.

I didn't really joke think on Twilight's closing line, but..lawl, you could go so many ways with that when you guys mention it. Oh, and, seeing the teacher was pretty cool.

March 05, 2011, 11:30:40 AM
Reply #42
Twilight's reference to the CMC as "my little ponies" did strike me, but it's not like she's the first one to refer to others as such. I believe even Tirek referred to his captives as such, or at least as "little ponies".

Lots of characters have.  It doesn't mean anything.  Didn't Pinkie or Spike call the racers "my little ponies" in Fall Weather Friends?

March 05, 2011, 01:16:07 PM
Reply #43
And they are, literally, little ponies. Two, maybe, three, feet high.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

March 05, 2011, 07:42:03 PM
Reply #44
Pretty good episode.
Full of great net facial expressions and animated Giff fodder.

Also, the new song I really enjoyed, it sounded really cheap 80s cartoon rock ballad and really worked for the style they where going for.

March 05, 2011, 08:27:07 PM
Reply #45
Awesome song, It rocked!! :D I like it.. fitted to their style like Vicki said. ^^

March 05, 2011, 10:43:21 PM
Reply #46
I saw Derpy only back of her head :[

Anyway, next one will be promising. I want main cast now! More Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle. About the Episode..... I like it :D no I mean really :D Like it :D
Scootaloo is the best, I  really love her wings to propel on the skateboard. She can't fly yet, but this is the most awesome thing in there. 

March 05, 2011, 10:46:09 PM
Reply #47

March 05, 2011, 10:57:45 PM
Reply #48
Am I the only one who thought of Madonna when Scootaloo started singing? I kinda expected her to break into Like a Virgin.

BANNED

March 06, 2011, 03:22:39 AM
Reply #49
The more I watch this episode, the more I like it.  The music is good from start to end.  Sweetie Belle's preliminary "We are the CMC" song, had promise was followed by that awesome instrumental piece that played during the montage, which was fun and appropriately thematic for such a visual segment.  And the final version of the CMC song was BITCHIN'.  A lot of musicians try to capture the essence of 80s music but they usually lack something.  This song felt like something I rocked out to when I was 9 years old.  THat dude on the guitar busted some gnarly shreds, and the harmonizing was spot-on.  If this song was sung well, it would compete with "Winter Wrap-Up" and "Art of the Dress" for best song yet (but yeah, the lead vocals were bad, man). 

18 episodes in, and not a shitty one yet.  And the next episode is a Rarity?  FUCK YES.  WHERE THE HELL WAS I BEFORE PONIES?  I LOVE MY LIFE #$@(*DSF (*$%R#@FDS(*