Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Merging FIM general discussion and episode discussion  (Read 185 times)

June 30, 2018, 09:21:45 PM
Things have gotten slow since I was last here in 2014. Would the admins consider consolidating some of the boards, to facilitate more discussion? Most of the old episode discussion threads haven't been touched in years. If someone wanted to discuss an episode from say season 3, his post would likely never be read.

I think merging the FIM general, FIM episode discussions, and FIM comics/books boards would increase this forum's activity. A sticky could be made to link to each of the episode discussion threads, so you wouldn't have to go digging for it.

I think, at this point, having everything be precisely sorted (which was useful in the busier days) is stifling for the forum.

June 30, 2018, 10:39:16 PM
Reply #1
Frankly I'd be fine with this, if not downright want it. Though I'd personally be more inclined to gut MLP Misc (It's a redundant board) and have two boards, FIM Show/Comic discussion, and FIM General Discussion for fandom and junk.

(And maybe while we're at it, rework the Creative board into a single section then gut the RPG thread and make a new, All Purpose RPG board in Everything Else)

THAT SAID, it's up to Derpy One. Dashell aint around anymore if you're unaware. I think Queen Chrysalis can change them around too but he's mostly around for tech support reasons. But yeah, here's my +1.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 07, 2018, 06:28:21 PM
Reply #2
Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me, and I could do all of it. Would just need TDO's approval first.

Honestly I think what's mostly stifling the forum is the login bug, but it seems I can't fix that one without un-rubix-cubing the mess of modifications that Dashell piled on this place back in the day. It's a real mess. I've been meaning to clone the whole install onto my own machine sometime to see if I can figure it out in a testing environment without screwing everything up, but I haven't had time.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:37:28 PM by Queen Chrysalis »