Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 8x05 - Grannies Gone Wild  (Read 133 times)

March 26, 2018, 08:45:12 PM
Scheduled to air 14 April 2018

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 15, 2018, 08:18:45 AM
Reply #1
Well than this was some episode and very informative. First of all it seems to me Soarin and Misty they are dating. I don't know if the fandom ships them, but they did hint that in this episode, but that is just my opinion.

The episode very cliche and predictable, it seems the non school episodes are going to be that way, but fine. Likeable enough characters, an entertainment enough plot. And we learn Applejack is a wet blanket.

I think everyone agrees, we probably meet one of Trixie's relative, in that magician, the blue one. I wonder if they will do anything with that.

April 15, 2018, 05:43:14 PM
Reply #2
Jackpot is totally the Great and Powerful Trixie's father, it has to be true
Loved seeing the homage to the Golden Girls and tragically I could identify each one

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 19, 2018, 06:05:52 PM
Reply #3
Jackpot is totally the Great and Powerful Trixie's father, it has to be true
Loved seeing the homage to the Golden Girls and tragically I could identify each one

"Jackpot" as he was called, according to the "Ultimate Guide Book" is in fact the dad of Trixie (he even wears a golden pin similar to Trixe's gem) THROUGH A ONE NIGHT STAND, actually a friend told me that but not sure if the book mentioned it. >_> Her parents are "estranged" meaning he was never there for Trixie or the marriage didn't work out. I'd hate it if he was never ever there for Trixie, worse case is him running from the responsibility of being a dad. Second worst case he never even knew he had a child.

But Trixie is into stage magic, so it seems like she's following in his hoof steps----but let's be honest here, wouldn't Trixie be the embodiment of boosting about her dad? Reformed or not she would mention him, but it's possible she wants to be known for her own talent and not reply on somepony els-*insert laughter here* yeah right! You'd have a better chance of digging for a golden jewel than expect Trixie to not boost about her dad, even if it's minor. Again, "if they knew about the other" which as far as we know, they did not.

So, chances are Trixie never had a dad growing up----but how did she get into stage magic? She mentioned her inspiration so maybe he was like a dad to her akin Coco and Charity Kindheart? Moving on from this....I rather liked the Ep. The "Gold Hoof Gals" are nice members of the Apples and wouldn't mind seeing them again in the focus. But I have to wonder, why was AJ so....Somepony To Watch Over Me towards them?

I do wonder if she ever went with them on this trip and one of them got hurt? These mares might be old but so are Celestia and Luna. I think they'd be fine just as long as they don't push it. Apple Rose seems to be a pro at dancing, but just be sure she doesn't stretch her back too far or something. It was nice to see how these 4 mares bounce off of each other and it just makes me like the Apple Family more.

So Flam and Flim really did took over the place to the point they commissioned their faces all over it, well they made it big----just don't mean cider. X3 I understood Dash's impatient nature here but you have to admit that once she had seen the long line it was amazingly mature of her to abandon the ride because she had to watch over the 4 Apples, whether they wanted her to or not (That look on Granny Smith's face when Dash was chewing on the food she took from her. X3). She could had waited in line, but instead she left it and of course the Wonderbolts made it sound so grand to her.

The 4 Apples' growing annoyance was understandable too, I mean they are adults here and AJ forced a babysitter on them. Their reaction at the end makes me think this had been an issue for a while now, and I wonder if Big Mac had ever been strictly to AJ's list or jut let them do whatever. If there was a flaw I'd like to be fixed, it would have to be nothing at all. I think this Ep holds up well and it was fun to rewatch it. ^^

So the Golden Hoof Gals is the most excursive group? Next you'd be saying one of them helped to find the place----which with Granny Smith and Ponyville....And yes there was a Rick & Monty ref in this Ep. I never saw that show, so meh. XP