Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Episode Polls?  (Read 257 times)

July 06, 2017, 09:18:52 PM
You guys remember for S2-S3 we had a poll for the next upcoming Eps, and points were awarded for which guesses were close? I know that the point/rewards system was scrapped for an reason, but could we bring the polls back just for the fun of it?  :-\

July 06, 2017, 11:12:38 PM
Reply #1
If my memory is not mistaken, the year after Dashell scrapped the rewards there wasn't a whole lot of people interested in the game. The competitiveness is what made the first one or two fun, without that well... "eh".

That's not to say "NO we're definitely not doing this", in fact I think it'd be great if we did. It's a fun little thing that attracts a lot of activity when it actually works, so I mean, yeah, if there's people who wanna do this, I say yeah go for it. Would need somebody to run it of course, doesn't need to be a mod, just somebody who is active enough to tally up scores while also keeping up with the show (not me). As for the guesses, anyone could submit 'em so long as they're logical and point wise well balanced.

Far as rewards go, I mean, there's no reason we/you/whoever manages it CAN'T do them. Somebody would have to supply them, though. If somebody has the means and desire to do that, then by all means it's whatever, your money, not mine. TBH I still feel a bit guilty, since I'm fairly certain the rewards were scrapped because of me. Well, not "me". The person who was supposed to make my 2nd place (or 3rd place?) reward just dropped off the face of the planet AFTER being paid. Maybe some day I'll see my Fleur figurine. Some day... But yeah, if rewards are something people want, somebody has to supply them, so... good luck in that regard.

(nudge nudge anybody whose reading this, if you think it'd be fun to bring this back say so now, I'd like it to come back for activity sake but I haven't watched the show in years so my opinion is meaningless)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 07, 2017, 07:48:12 AM
Reply #2
We can do this; but it may end up not working.

I'm not being pessimistic, but this can work. It just needs to be planned carefully and worked carefully. Someone active needs to take care of this, and someone else would need to take care of any rewards.

Perhaps; trying this on a small scale without any rewards? Because if you bite off more than you can chew; it won't look good at all.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 10/26/2017 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."