Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: A Little Help?  (Read 152 times)

January 28, 2017, 07:36:53 pm
Well the mod I asked for help came online for a while but then went offline..guess they didn't see my message.  :-\

I'm Speedy and I am locked out of my account!  :'( I changed my email last night to a new one and guess I made a typo, as no matter how many activation emails I request "nothing" appears at all. So, I am completely and totally locked out and had to result to making a account just to ask for help.

I had hoped asking a mod would save me from wasting space with a topic like this but, it's been all day, 11 AM to 7:26 PM and I don't wanna wait anymore if that mod's inbox is too filled to notice my message. Not to sound like a impatient jerk, but how else would he/she not see a new message highlighted with an orange number atop the inbox icon?

Can someone please help me get back into my old account? Really a flawed way to change a simple thing such as your email, I'd suggest changing it (if you're able too) to where it doesn't auto-lock if you made a slight error---like I seemingly did it appears. Ugh I hate when stuff like this happens..  ::)

So yeah, can somebody help me? I hope I didn't sound rude, wasn't my intention to be.  :-X And yes I AM Speedy and I'll prove it if need be. I was here for that Christmas thing a while back where members could be secret santas and I made this pic for it.

http://discourt.deviantart.com/art/Christmas-gift-343557822

If you want just message me at that DA account and I'll prove it is me here.

January 28, 2017, 07:54:40 pm
Reply #1
Hi, I got your PM, can you try logging in to your original account now? I've updated the e-mail address to the one you mentioned so it should work now with your original password, if not then I'll reset the password for you too.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been at work all day and had a busy evening so I've barely had any time online to reply to any messages... you weren't ignored, but there's not a lot I can do about it when I'm away from my computer, so I do apologise for that.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 28, 2017, 08:11:45 pm
Reply #2
Hi, I got your PM, can you try logging in to your original account now? I've updated the e-mail address to the one you mentioned so it should work now with your original password, if not then I'll reset the password for you too.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been at work all day and had a busy evening so I've barely had any time online to reply to any messages... you weren't ignored, but there's not a lot I can do about it when I'm away from my computer, so I do apologise for that.

Sorry if I sounded rude. ^^; Didn't know you were at work.

Btw it doesn't work, it still says:

"Your email address needs to be validated before you can login"

Requested a new activation email but nothing..I don't think changing the  password would help any if it's saying my email has to be validated, but what do I know about how this works?  :P

January 28, 2017, 08:16:35 pm
Reply #3
I have to sleep now and I have work again tomorrow (which is why I need to sleep now!) but that seems odd, I know this sounds obvious but are you certain that it's not gone into your junk or spam email at all? If the email address that you provided me with is correct then I can't imagine why it'd be a problem. Do you have another email address (an old one?) I can try changing it to, to see if the confirmation email comes through on that? At least that way, we can tell if it's a problem with EqF or a problem with that particular email address.

BTW, I obviously want to get this fixed for you ASAP, but you're welcome to use this new account in the interim, don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:17:46 pm by The Derpy One »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 28, 2017, 08:27:28 pm
Reply #4
I have to sleep now and I have work again tomorrow (which is why I need to sleep now!) but that seems odd, I know this sounds obvious but are you certain that it's not gone into your junk or spam email at all? If the email address that you provided me with is correct then I can't imagine why it'd be a problem. Do you have another email address (an old one?) I can try changing it to, to see if the confirmation email comes through on that? At least that way, we can tell if it's a problem with EqF or a problem with that particular email address.

BTW, I obviously want to get this fixed for you ASAP, but you're welcome to use this new account in the interim, don't worry about it.

It's Gmail, I don't see a spam section anywhere? I'll private message you my old email and see if it'll work.

January 28, 2017, 08:30:57 pm
Reply #5
Found the spam folder----and not a single bloody thing from this site. XD Yeah, just gotta give my old email and see if it'll work.

February 01, 2017, 12:53:02 pm
Reply #6
Well still unable to get my account unlocked (why is the site saying I'm offline?) and The Derpy One seems busy irl, does anyone else have any ideas how to fix this? He tried changing my email back to my old one, but no matter what the activation email just n-e-v-e-r appears. So changing the email back did nothing, and I'm guessing it never will unless this STUPID activation email sends.

Any idea why it just won't send? It's not in spam either, it's just nowhere.  :o Ugh all I wanted was to just change my email to my new one so I could see messages faster. Jesus this annoys me and my OCD so much.  ::)

P.S I am not mad or impatient with Derpy, he's just busy irl but there are other mods here that could help out.

February 01, 2017, 12:58:21 pm
Reply #7
Well still unable to get my account unlocked (why is the site saying I'm offline?) and The Derpy One seems busy irl, does anyone else have any ideas how to fix this? He tried changing my email back to my old one, but no matter what the activation email just n-e-v-e-r appears. So changing the email back did nothing, and I'm guessing it never will unless this STUPID activation email sends.

Any idea why it just won't send? It's not in spam either, it's just nowhere.  :o Ugh all I wanted was to just change my email to my new one so I could see messages faster. Jesus this annoys me and my OCD so much.  ::)

P.S I am not mad or impatient with Derpy, he's just busy irl but there are other mods here that could help out.

I'll try my best to help you out, Speedy.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 6/25/2016 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"There's more to my head then just air, you know."

February 01, 2017, 01:04:30 pm
Reply #8
I'll try my best to help you out, Speedy.

That would appreciated, tho I'm not sure what all we could do if the site just won't send that activation email.  :-\ Any idea why it won't send? Could it be a site bug?

February 01, 2017, 01:06:49 pm
Reply #9
That would appreciated, tho I'm not sure what all we could do if the site just won't send that activation email.  :-\ Any idea why it won't send? Could it be a site bug?

I'm not entirely sure. It may be a forum bug.

I'm not sure where the e-mail would go if it's not in your Inbox or in your Spam Folder...
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

February 01, 2017, 01:14:06 pm
Reply #10
I'm not entirely sure. It may be a forum bug.

I'm not sure where the e-mail would go if it's not in your Inbox or in your Spam Folder...

Well I made sure when I gave Derpy my old email that it was correct, hm..it's strange that I was able to get this activation email for this account but it just won't send for my old account. So not sure what the deal is, I could tell you (via a private message) my email/password and you could try to sign in or manually send the activation email.

February 01, 2017, 01:16:04 pm
Reply #11
Well I made sure when I gave Derpy my old email that it was correct, hm..it's strange that I was able to get this activation email for this account but it just won't send for my old account. So not sure what the deal is, I could tell you (via a private message) my email/password and you could try to sign in or manually send the activation email.

I took a quick look at your profile; and I think I may have found the issue. I sent you a PM.

See what you think.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:16:42 pm by Leni Loud »