Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Chit Chat Thread LXV: Not So Sunny (And Serious) Edition.  (Read 101568 times)

January 11, 2018, 08:25:06 AM
Reply #4200
Hey Nick, have you seen the Disaster Artist movie?
No, sadly.
Not even sure if it was released here.

January 11, 2018, 02:52:10 PM
Reply #4201
Hey, uhm, mind if I ask everyone a question?

Before I was able to log in today, I ran into a strange issue that claimed that my account was suspended, and pretty much blocked me from the site. I wondered what was going on, so I made a temp profile to try and contact the admins, before it somehow cleared up and allowed me back in again. (BTW, to any Admins reading, mind if I just leave that profile as a back-up in case something this strange happens again?)

The page in question looked like this.

Did anyone else run into this problem?

PLEASE check out my fanfic Elements Change the Dark Hearts and give me feedback. I need any and ALL criticisms!

January 11, 2018, 03:17:49 PM
Reply #4202
Hey, uhm, mind if I ask everyone a question?

Before I was able to log in today, I ran into a strange issue that claimed that my account was suspended, and pretty much blocked me from the site. I wondered what was going on, so I made a temp profile to try and contact the admins, before it somehow cleared up and allowed me back in again. (BTW, to any Admins reading, mind if I just leave that profile as a back-up in case something this strange happens again?)

The page in question looked like this.

Did anyone else run into this problem?

Yeah, that would be the site's account with the host, not anything with your forum account.

I'm not sure why the host would suspend the site, it may have been an error.

I have to ask though, how exactly did you register a new account and send PMs while the host had suspended the site? Technically speaking, that shouldn't be possible as every page should redirect to the suspended page.

January 11, 2018, 03:20:09 PM
Reply #4203
Yeah, that would be the site's account with the host, not anything with your forum account.

I'm not sure why the host would suspend the site, it may have been an error.

I have to ask though, how exactly did you register a new account and send PMs while the host had suspended the site? Technically speaking, that shouldn't be possible as every page should redirect to the suspended page.

I switched over to a different browser. I normally use Firefox when surfing, but I always have Internet Explorer as a backup if I ever need it. It's gotten me out of a jam a few times.

Then again, if it was the site itself that was suspended, then switching wouldn't have done jack.

Still, Didn't really click with me that it was the site that got suspended. It just said "account", and figured it was just me that got suspended.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:21:58 PM by Nightmare Omega »
PLEASE check out my fanfic Elements Change the Dark Hearts and give me feedback. I need any and ALL criticisms!

January 11, 2018, 03:28:31 PM
Reply #4204
I switched over to a different browser. I normally use Firefox when surfing, but I always have Internet Explorer as a backup if I ever need it. It's gotten me out of a jam a few times.

Then again, if it was the site itself that was suspended, then switching wouldn't have done jack.

Still, Didn't really click with me that it was the site that got suspended. It just said "account", and figured it was just me that got suspended.

Ahh ok, then the site had probably come back online, but the suspended page was still in your cache or something.

January 11, 2018, 03:33:42 PM
Reply #4205
Ahh ok, then the site had probably come back online, but the suspended page was still in your cache or something.

Alright.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and sorry for the trouble.

January 12, 2018, 12:53:43 PM
Reply #4206
So, anything going on lately this new year?

January 12, 2018, 03:52:06 PM
Reply #4207

I'm a semester closer to my degree, if that counts.
nietzsche was a hack

January 12, 2018, 05:24:46 PM
Reply #4208

That's cool. Hope it all works out.

January 13, 2018, 09:20:13 AM
Reply #4209

I got my correspondence letter from the 'Pigs a few days ago. I'll be working with them again this coming baseball season.

Congrats. That last semester will just fly by.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 10/26/2017 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."

January 13, 2018, 10:02:10 PM
Reply #4210
You all are wonderful people and you all deserve Sal's love.
I know this isn't the Love Thread fite me irl

Felix says hi. :monster:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

January 14, 2018, 01:42:36 AM
Reply #4211

January 14, 2018, 11:34:38 AM
Reply #4212
You all are wonderful people and you all deserve Sal's love.
I know this isn't the Love Thread fite me irl

Felix says hi. :monster:

Tell him I said hi the next time you see him Sal.

Howders :monster:

Hey pardner. :monster:
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

January 14, 2018, 12:20:11 PM
Reply #4213
Tell him I said hi the next time you see him Sal.

Can do.

We do talk almost every day. He's been alright most of the time. Sometimes I wonder who else from this forum he still talks to. If he does at all. I know he doesn't post around anymore.

In a small way, I almost feel the same, except sometimes I'll make an effort to come around every now and then. I kinda miss talking to all of you guys in a more regular fashion. I don't really have friends anywhere except Felix, who is my best friend, and anybody here who knows me. Sal still isn't quite adept at being social. :-X

Otherwise, it's kinda same old, same old with me. Nothing really worth mentioning has happened with me. :-\

[/spoiler]

January 14, 2018, 12:31:00 PM
Reply #4214
Can do.

We do talk almost every day. He's been alright most of the time. Sometimes I wonder who else from this forum he still talks to. If he does at all. I know he doesn't post around anymore.

In a small way, I almost feel the same, except sometimes I'll make an effort to come around every now and then. I kinda miss talking to all of you guys in a more regular fashion. I don't really have friends anywhere except Felix, who is my best friend, and anybody here who knows me. Sal still isn't quite adept at being social. :-X

Otherwise, it's kinda same old, same old with me. Nothing really worth mentioning has happened with me. :-\

It's still nice to see a familiar face regardless if you talk here often or not.
Hell, I'm still surprised this forum is still active to some sort of extent :lol:
I remember a lot of the members I used to chill with got banned or moved to other forums. I only came back because I got curious about what I missed after season 4 :lol:

January 14, 2018, 12:31:44 PM
Reply #4215
Can do.

He hasn't talked to me since he left.

January 14, 2018, 01:01:32 PM
Reply #4216
It's still nice to see a familiar face regardless if you talk here often or not.
Hell, I'm still surprised this forum is still active to some sort of extent :lol:
I remember a lot of the members I used to chill with got banned or moved to other forums. I only came back because I got curious about what I missed after season 4 :lol:

It's basically the forum version of the Circle of Life.

[/spoiler]

January 14, 2018, 01:27:59 PM
Reply #4217
It's basically the forum version of the Circle of Life.

Occasionally, we'll see old members return for a brief fling.

January 15, 2018, 08:09:27 PM
Reply #4218
I'm gonna go to a concert in April!

Closure In Moscow (one of my favorite bands, they're an Australian prog rock band) announced that they'll be an opening act for Protest The Hero (who I had never head before, they're a prog metal band), and they'll perform the entirety of their first album, First Temple. While my personal favorite Closure album is Pink Lemonade, I couldn't pass up the chance to see them live, so I got tickets to them, my dad and I will be going! The tickets were just $20, so that's a great deal for what seems like will be a pretty lengthy concert. Closure In Moscow is just one of the two opening acts, and they're gonna perform a 50 minute long album. The second opening act is Thank You Scientist (another prog rock band), don't know how long their part will be, but since Closure's is gonna be ~50 minutes I assume their's will be long too, and ofc the main act, Protest The Hero's gonna have the longest performance.

To maximize the amount of enjoyment I will have at the concert, I'm gonna try getting into Protest The Hero and Thank You Scientist. Just listened to two songs each on YouTube for them, I enjoyed them! Especially Thank You Scientist, they're amazing!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1ypynSLzY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1ypynSLzY</a>

And here's one of the Protest The Hero songs I've listened to so far:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDrdAJMcRs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDrdAJMcRs</a>

Tomorrow I'll listen to some full albums by both these bands!

Can't wait for April 2nd, now! :P
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

January 16, 2018, 01:00:16 PM
Reply #4219
Bought the Walmart version of movie!

Next week I'll buy the Target version!
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

January 16, 2018, 03:40:01 PM
Reply #4220

Huh. Other than that sticker, how are they different? And what versions are there, anyway?

January 16, 2018, 03:57:38 PM
Reply #4221
dead forum is dead. Does anyone even still use forums or has everyone migrated to reddit and 4chan? :monster:
:P

I need to see The Room first just to appreciate how well Franco imitates Tommy Wiseau because I hear it's so spot on, it's uncanny.
It is actually really good.

Can do.

Ya'll can always talk to me! Here's just not such a good place. I may make the rounds now sometimes, but I'll probably forget. My Discord link below is the best place to catch me. :D

Indeedy. :monster:

Occasionally, we'll see old members return for a brief fling.
Is like a doctor's checkup. Gotta make sure ya'll are still alive. :P

I'll be honest, I don't know the difference. This is interesting.
Discord: https://discord.gg/rbwFqKK ♥ Steam: Greenganon

[/spoiler]

January 16, 2018, 04:49:43 PM
Reply #4222
Huh. Other than that sticker, how are they different? And what versions are there, anyway?

The Walmart version comes with a water bottle, while the Target version comes with an activity book and stickers! The Target version also has a cool alternative sleeve cover.

https://www.target.com/p/my-little-pony-the-movie-target-exclusive-blu-ray-dvd-digital/-/A-53084571#lnk=sametab

The Target version's also a lot smaller since it doesn't contain a water bottle, lol.

Then there's the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital version that's sold eveywhere that doesn't have anything special, and also a DVD-only version. I really only wanna get the Walmart and Target versions since they have the exclusive merchandise.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:50:14 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

January 16, 2018, 10:51:53 PM
Reply #4223
I keep checking back and there's always a bunch of people online, but no activity.

So I guess I'll start. How is everyone? What have you guys been up to this week? :)

January 16, 2018, 11:08:35 PM
Reply #4224
I keep checking back and there's always a bunch of people online, but no activity.

So I guess I'll start. How is everyone? What have you guys been up to this week? :)

Not much, really. Outside of buying those concert tickets.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]