Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Investments?  (Read 564 times)

October 01, 2016, 05:27:00 PM
I need money for a new PC because my motherboard is shot and I now have nothing except this phone, which can't make games or anything.

I had game maker (an old version) on my PC, I mastered it and the art of making platformer games as a kid, and I'm wondering if I should do a thing where people here can invest in my next game and get to make creative decisions regarding music, level design, etc....

Or if I should post my patreon and fimfic.net account, and write fanfics until I get enough money for a computer.

October 01, 2016, 07:01:20 PM
Reply #1
Unless you have a known history of making high quality games, forget crowd funding.

Most kickstarter campaigns for games (which succeed) have months of pre-production put into them, well edited videos, music, concept art, all sorts of things in order to gain trust. And even with those things there is no bet you'll get there. Most kickstarters fail.

October 02, 2016, 11:09:29 AM
Reply #2
Dagnabbit. So this means my only option is patreon?

October 02, 2016, 06:07:21 PM
Reply #3
Dagnabbit. So this means my only option is patreon?
Do you have a following?

If you don't have a following, then who would support you?

October 03, 2016, 11:08:45 AM
Reply #4
A following? I have nothing. I am nothing.

October 03, 2016, 03:51:02 PM
Reply #5
A following? I have nothing. I am nothing.

Then I am not sure how you're expecting to get funding on Patreon. It only works if people know you.

May 18, 2018, 02:33:17 PM
Reply #6
If you're starting from nothing you'll have to build something. Work with whatever you have and cultivate a fanbase for your work. And if you need equipment to get going, you can do what I did, and work min wage jobs for a few years to buy everything you need while practicing your craft on the side. Walmart & McDonalds are always hiring.

Gotta start somewhere.
Working on a cool new Pokemon-inspired indie project called Battle Gem Ponies 
(and documenting every step of the way so others can learn alongside me!)

Available on Mobile & PC Platforms!
Weekly Development Updates: www.yotesgames.com
Download the Latest Demo: Battle Gem Ponies (Pre-Alpha Ver. 7)