Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: An Update  (Read 1043 times)

August 28, 2016, 06:10:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise. At the start of the summer, I brought aboard Queen Chrysalis as an administrator and announced our intention to move the forum to a new server and to gain greater independence and control for EqF going forwards. As should be apparent, this has not happened, and I take full responsibility for this; I bit off more than I could chew and my attention has not been on the task at hand, due to a wide number of other issues in my day-to-day life occupying my time. Overseeing a forum is a privilege but it is also voluntary, and unfortunately, other necessary tasks sometimes take priority. I know that this is unfair on you, the members, who are ultimately the ones who make EqF what it is, and so for that, I am truly sorry. I have let not only you down, but also my fellow staff and especially Chrys, and this is not lost on me.

The good news is that I am almost in a position where I can once again give the forum the attention it is due. I have spoken with Dashell and Feld and there are only a few niggling issues to resolve before we can truly move forward. Regrettably I am also due to be without internet for the next couple of weeks so there will not be much that I can do until I return, but I have already arranged to touch base with my fellow administrators as soon as I can, and we will make implementing these changes our absolute top priority. Rest assured that we still have a lot of good ideas for the board and I will do everything in my power to make sure that it is worth the wait.

I appreciate that many of you have tolerated long-running issues for a while now and that some may have wondered what was happening, and I do thank you all for your patience and understanding. I only ask that you wait a few weeks longer - I return on the 17th of September - and to bear with us as we lay the groundwork for the board's future.

Thank you again.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 28, 2016, 06:42:31 PM
Reply #1
I look forward to the upcoming improvements

Snowy Flanks

August 28, 2016, 10:10:02 PM
Reply #2
Real life happens  :-\

I can't speak for everybody but I imagine most of the people here are understanding of the situation.

Except for me, I'm absolutely livid Take all the time necessary mate, it's a shame things have been delayed but I'm glad to hear progress has been made.

August 29, 2016, 08:52:14 AM
Reply #3
No problem Derpy; real life happens. We can get right to work when you are able to return and are able to start the forum transition onto another server.

Stay safe there, Derpy.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 6/25/2016 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."

August 29, 2016, 09:07:29 AM
Reply #4
Thanks Derpy!
Don't be concerned about the delay, everybody understands. :)
L̻I̙̫̗͇̲̞̹F̥̭̰͇̖̟͈E̹̼̳͕ ͇H͓̼͇͖͎͓A̟͖S͎ A̞̖ ͇͍M̦͇̙͓̦E̞̳͔̱̼̩Ḷ̻̯O͕Ḏ̮̱̲͉̠̭Y

August 30, 2016, 10:29:25 PM
Reply #5
Some information:
Skype: jonnyjinx2 | Xbox Live Gamertag: JonnyJinx | Steam Name: JonnyJinx | Nintendo 3DS FC: 3093-7140-0149 | NNID: JonnyJinx

September 14, 2016, 02:30:47 AM
Reply #6
We're a little family here, and no little issues with the board are going to ruin that! I'm certain that we all understand that real life takes priority over this place, so you do you. <3
Ask me anything!

Skype: sinceritystar | AIM: xcatxstarx | PSN: Atiqua | XBL: Aviendra