Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Official EqF Minecraft Server  (Read 6170 times)

January 05, 2017, 09:40:53 pm
Reply #300
I built an ice farm in the nearest extreme hills biome. I would give the coords, but I can't login because the server hasn't updated to 1.11.1 :-X

Sorry I took a while to go back and fetch it. The coords for the ice farm are X 1333, Z -500. You don't even have to check your coords to get there. Just set sail from the NPC village on the east end of town. Keep going east, with the continent on your left side. Once the continent veers north, follow it in that direction. It will be abundantly clear when you're approaching because of the glass elevator and you can see part of the farm from sea level. The entire voyage should take 3 or 4 minutes.

I wouldn't recommend using the elevator unless you know what you're doing because you'll die if you go down the shaft. Going up works just fine. I could've sworn I did the exact same design for another elevator that doesn't kill you, but I don't care to bother with it for now. Any of y'all are welcome to fix it. There's an ender chest and a bed on the mountain top.
Isn't he adorable when he waddles off in anger? :rrwub                                                                               :oostare

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 07, 2017, 09:25:10 pm
Reply #301
The Minecraft server has been pretty empty for a while.

Should we wipe the world and start a new one? Maybe different rules this time around? Some type of gimmick?

February 07, 2017, 09:28:25 pm
Reply #302

Should we wipe the world and start a new one? Maybe different rules this time around? Some type of gimmick?

An Amplified world would be very interesting, although that could be different for survival because the landscape would be harder to go through. It'd be fun for building though.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

February 07, 2017, 09:46:17 pm
Reply #303
An Amplified world would be very interesting, although that could be different for survival because the landscape would be harder to go through. It'd be fun for building though.

Nah, Amplified worlds are super demanding on whatever hardware is running them, and I don't want to cause problems for the host.

I was thinking more in terms of rules. I guess what happened to the current world is, since resources had to be shared, nobody really had to work to survive in the beginning, so there was no challenge to it, especially once I built the automated food machines at spawn.

Maybe we need a goal or something? Or maybe we could have two towns far apart, which compete somehow. I think we would need more people (and a constant population) for that to work.

February 08, 2017, 12:26:54 am
Reply #304
Nah, Amplified worlds are super demanding on whatever hardware is running them, and I don't want to cause problems for the host.

I was thinking more in terms of rules. I guess what happened to the current world is, since resources had to be shared, nobody really had to work to survive in the beginning, so there was no challenge to it, especially once I built the automated food machines at spawn.

Maybe we need a goal or something? Or maybe we could have two towns far apart, which compete somehow. I think we would need more people (and a constant population) for that to work.

Yeah, that might be helpful I know what I enjoy most about Minecraft is working with other people to secure resources, so when I log on and find that everything I need has already been located and stockpiled by other people that eliminates three quarters of the game for me.

February 13, 2017, 11:27:14 pm
Reply #305
Yeah, I think a map reset is in order.

Going to work on new rules, too.

February 14, 2017, 12:38:49 am
Reply #306
If you do the wipe, can you upload a world save? or at least give the seed? I suppose the only thing I'll miss in the event of a wipe is all the effort it took me to find a Mending villager.

I suspect part of the reason the server had problems was because people were limited to building in the town instead of finding areas they like and not having to consider space much. Perhaps it would be better to expand the home/town/base-building area to a 1000 x 1000 square centered on spawn? (or smaller, or bigger) We can always build roads, grass paths, and nether corridors to various projects. I know I don't like being chained to a tiny area.

I guess what happened to the current world is, since resources had to be shared, nobody really had to work to survive in the beginning, so there was no challenge to it, especially once I built the automated food machines at spawn.

Unless you're playing a hardcore world, survival has little challenge anyway. Most of it just involves investing time (ie. building a bunch of farms). I also noticed people weren't using the shared resources much, so maybe it would be fine to abolish that rule (though I think we should still have somewhere to share stuff we don't want).

Or maybe we could have two towns far apart, which compete somehow.

I don't care for that idea. I like co-op and coexistence.

Question: has anyone logged in since the last time I was on? :lol:
Isn't he adorable when he waddles off in anger? :rrwub                                                                               :oostare

February 15, 2017, 12:04:10 pm
Reply #307
Neat! I'll definitely try to pop in more often this time. I don't know what it was about this current world, but it just didn't do anything for me.

February 15, 2017, 08:20:26 pm
Reply #308
If you do the wipe, can you upload a world save? or at least give the seed? I suppose the only thing I'll miss in the event of a wipe is all the effort it took me to find a Mending villager.

I suspect part of the reason the server had problems was because people were limited to building in the town instead of finding areas they like and not having to consider space much. Perhaps it would be better to expand the home/town/base-building area to a 1000 x 1000 square centered on spawn? (or smaller, or bigger) We can always build roads, grass paths, and nether corridors to various projects. I know I don't like being chained to a tiny area.

Unless you're playing a hardcore world, survival has little challenge anyway. Most of it just involves investing time (ie. building a bunch of farms). I also noticed people weren't using the shared resources much, so maybe it would be fine to abolish that rule (though I think we should still have somewhere to share stuff we don't want).

I don't care for that idea. I like co-op and coexistence.

Question: has anyone logged in since the last time I was on? :lol:

Yeah, rules about where you can build will be more relaxed this time around. I'm thinking we'll have a couple of towns with building rules, but then outside of town you'll basically be allowed to do whatever you like, other than break or steal other people's stuff.

And yes, I've logged on twice since the last time you did. :lol:

February 15, 2017, 08:26:04 pm
Reply #309
I might be willing to jump in

February 16, 2017, 05:47:20 pm
Reply #310
Yeah, rules about where you can build will be more relaxed this time around. I'm thinking we'll have a couple of towns with building rules, but then outside of town you'll basically be allowed to do whatever you like, other than break or steal other people's stuff.

Cool. Please don't forget to share the world save, or the seed at least. I found one of my favorite Minecraft spots in that world, which fills me with lots of inspiration.

February 17, 2017, 08:31:10 am
Reply #311