Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: General music discussion thread  (Read 3724 times)

August 21, 2016, 07:04:11 PM
Reply #25
He also does opera:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-5xX2pdcJM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-5xX2pdcJM</a>

He's also a wrestling fan.
DAMMIT, I LOVE HIM.
Avatar pic provided by bumbrwby12 on twitter.
Sign Image provided by Andrew's Miitopia playthrough.

August 21, 2016, 07:13:43 PM
Reply #26
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Here's a really cool concert opening by Perfume.

He's also a wrestling fan.

Sure is, I'm seeing him tweet about it on my timeline. Found this Tweet by Nash to be pretty funny:

https://twitter.com/Nash076/status/767508621416665088

Same here, Nash. Same here. :P

EDIT: Here's a song that Spotify recommended to me, I liked it.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:09:27 PM by でじこ »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 29, 2016, 12:19:20 AM
Reply #27
Here is my Spotify page:

https://open.spotify.com/user/thebeatlespkmnfan42

Follow me please. :P

Also allow me to just post a bunch of videos by artists I've gotten into recently. Because I want to share their awesomeness.

I'm especially into YMO, Monobody, and Baroque right now. And while I listed Sarah Brightman, I've really only heard one album and one other song so far.

If anyone has music recommendations do share. My taste in music is all over the place so it can be any genre. I would especially appreciate something like rap, hip hop, jazz, country, or classical, as those are genres I haven't really explored yet and I'd love to listen to every genre to be honest. The more music the better!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:20:48 AM by でじこ »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 30, 2016, 11:34:18 AM
Reply #28
If anyone has music recommendations do share. My taste in music is all over the place so it can be any genre. I would especially appreciate something like rap, hip hop, jazz, country, or classical, as those are genres I haven't really explored yet and I'd love to listen to every genre to be honest. The more music the better!

Rap/Hip Hop: Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Jazz (I usually prefer swing and big band jazz but if you want recs for other areas of jazz I can also provide those): Squirrel Nut Zippers, Enoch Light, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, and I also recommend you check out Caravan Palace which is technically electroswing but draws a lot from jazz.

Country: I'm not usually much for the genre these days due to the rise of bro country, but I have a deep love for the music of Johnny Cash and I also enjoy Dolly Parton.

Classical: This is such a huge genre (I'm not sure I'd even really call it a genre, given that it's far more diverse than every subcategory of popular music today) that it's really hard for me to pick just a few things to recommend. This Tumblr post might be helpful in getting started. A few of my personal favorite composers are Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Borodin, Elgar, Beethoven, and Berlioz. As for musicians, I would especially recommend Jaqueline du Pré and Mstislav Rostropovich on cello, Maxim Vengerov and Victor Tretjakov on violin, and my personal hero Yuri Bashmet on viola.
L̻I̙̫̗͇̲̞̹F̥̭̰͇̖̟͈E̹̼̳͕ ͇H͓̼͇͖͎͓A̟͖S͎ A̞̖ ͇͍M̦͇̙͓̦E̞̳͔̱̼̩Ḷ̻̯O͕Ḏ̮̱̲͉̠̭Y

August 30, 2016, 01:47:08 PM
Reply #29
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zo_sNaaU6g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zo_sNaaU6g</a>

Beautiful Tale. Ertak is the Uzbek word for the tale that Shahrazad told in 1001 Nights:

Go'zal Ertak - Shahrizoda

September 02, 2016, 12:21:03 PM
Reply #30
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

September 02, 2016, 03:47:28 PM
Reply #31
It's always disappointing when you buy a few new songs from an album and love them, but when you buy the rest they're not nearly as good.  :-\

September 02, 2016, 04:39:54 PM
Reply #32
It's always disappointing when you buy a few new songs from an album and love them, but when you buy the rest they're not nearly as good.  :-\

If you don't already have Spotify, I suggest getting that, since then you can listen to an album on that before buying it to make sure you really want it. Assuming the artist and album is on Spotify, of course.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

September 03, 2016, 07:18:41 PM
Reply #33
New Karasu wa Masshiro song.

3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

September 03, 2016, 07:50:27 PM
Reply #34

Rap/Hip Hop: Del the Funky Homosapien, MF DOOM, Death Grips, Eminem, Earl Sweatshirt, Childish Gambino, The Beastie Boys

Jazz: Louis Armstrong, Thelonious Monk, Duke Ellington, Sidney Bechet, Benny Goodman, Cab Calloway, Charles Mingus, John Coltrane

Country: Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakam, Townes Van Zandt, Johnny Cash

Classical: Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Mozart, Chopin, Johann Strauss II, Richard Strauss, Mahler, Vivaldi, Paganini, Sarasate, Bernstein, Schubert, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Dvořák, Mussorgsky, and many many more whom I can't remember right now because I'm sleepy :P
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

September 03, 2016, 08:37:23 PM
Reply #35
By the way Beatles I forgot to add the Cowboy Junkies to my list of recommendations for country music!

September 04, 2016, 08:44:18 AM
Reply #36
Rap/Hip Hop: Eminem

And by Eminem he means early, stay-the-fuck-away-from-Relapse-Eminem.
Or just stay mostly the fuck away from him.  :monster:

Rap/Hip Hop:  Childish Gambino

Now this guy, listen to this guy.
I'm not an expert in any of those genres, but I can suggest...I dunno, Run The Jewels for hip-hop (if only because the production in most of their songs is great).

But yeah, safest bet is on Johnny Cash for country alright. I think that nobody, fan of country or not, can say that his music was bad or that they didn't enjoy at least one of his songs.

I know this band doesn't really apply to any of the genres you asked, but check out The Heavy when you can.

September 04, 2016, 11:25:04 AM
Reply #37
And by Eminem he means early, stay-the-fuck-away-from-Relapse-Eminem.
Or just stay mostly the fuck away from him.  :monster:

No, I'd say most of his early stuff is at least worth listening to. At a certain point his music took a noticeable dip in quality and then just suddenly turned shitty and after that he can be stayed away from, lol. Still a little 3edgy5me from the get-go, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good.

September 04, 2016, 11:43:28 AM
Reply #38
No, I'd say most of his early stuff is at least worth listening to. At a certain point his music took a noticeable dip in quality and then just suddenly turned shitty and after that he can be stayed away from, lol. Still a little 3edgy5me from the get-go, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good.

That's why I said stay away from Relapse. His earlier stuff was good (Sing For The Moment, Loose Yourself, 8 Mile...) but by Relapse (and Encore) Eminem became pretty bad.

When I said "stay mostly the fuck away from him", I meant that in a sense Shady can be... Triggering, to say the least. Which, I get it, it's his character, but still.

No denying Eminem's earlier stuff was good to great.

September 04, 2016, 12:46:11 PM
Reply #39
Eh... I always took Eminem's edginess as never being wholly serious. The 90's were filled with hysteria over, "Dangerous messages in the media!" when helicopter moms and wrinkly old senators still believed that listening to certain music could turn you into a sociopath mass-murderer, and Em was capitalizing on being the guy your mom would be scared of, mostly to comedic effect. Yes, there is stuff where he talks shit about his mom and about his personal life, but if he was being honest and venting his frustrations, then I don't see the problem. It's only when artists make stuff up to try and sound edgy that I roll my eyes. Mostly, I just like his writing style. I think he's clever and pretty funny - the same reasons I like MF DOOM, though DOOM is much deeper and more thoughtful.
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

September 04, 2016, 08:25:21 PM
Reply #40
Rap/Hip Hop: Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Jazz (I usually prefer swing and big band jazz but if you want recs for other areas of jazz I can also provide those): Squirrel Nut Zippers, Enoch Light, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, and I also recommend you check out Caravan Palace which is technically electroswing but draws a lot from jazz.

Country: I'm not usually much for the genre these days due to the rise of bro country, but I have a deep love for the music of Johnny Cash and I also enjoy Dolly Parton.

Classical: This is such a huge genre (I'm not sure I'd even really call it a genre, given that it's far more diverse than every subcategory of popular music today) that it's really hard for me to pick just a few things to recommend. This Tumblr post might be helpful in getting started. A few of my personal favorite composers are Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Borodin, Elgar, Beethoven, and Berlioz. As for musicians, I would especially recommend Jaqueline du Pré and Mstislav Rostropovich on cello, Maxim Vengerov and Victor Tretjakov on violin, and my personal hero Yuri Bashmet on viola.

I've actually heard one Caravan Palace song on RDA before, quite a while ago. I liked it and wanted to check out more but never got around to it. Can't remember what the song name was though.

EDIT: Googled them and found this. This is the song that was played on RDA:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:27:01 PM by でじこ »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

September 09, 2016, 06:35:21 PM
Reply #41

Khakassia will be selecting their participant in the Turkvizyon Song Contest 2016 on October 22.
Khakassia was one of the original 24 countries and regions to compete in the first edition of the Turkvizyon Song Contest in 2013. They were represented by Vladimir Dorju but failed to qualify for the final. In 2014 they were then represented by Sayana Saburova with the song “Alzhaas”, she finished 22nd in the semi final with 148 points, they received the maximum of 10 points from Kyrgyzstan.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9adQslGMfA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9adQslGMfA</a>

Galsar Baygyskarova who was due to represent Bashkortostan at the first Bala Turkvizyon Song Contest has released “Umyrzaya yyry”.

September 16, 2016, 03:56:48 PM
Reply #42
I gotta make a whole new youtube channel after one of phones had been stolen. I might even change my name.

how does Krigh Randi-Craeh (Cry Randy Cry) sound?

September 17, 2016, 11:27:48 AM
Reply #43
I gotta make a whole new youtube channel after one of phones had been stolen. I might even change my name.

how does Krigh Randi-Craeh (Cry Randy Cry) sound?

What about Randy May Craeh?

September 19, 2016, 10:40:07 AM
Reply #44
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

September 20, 2016, 12:43:10 PM
Reply #45

September 21, 2016, 03:47:00 PM
Reply #46
For anyone looking for suggestions, The Piano Guys are really good. :)

September 22, 2016, 11:26:25 AM
Reply #47
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULF5oQaG2-o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULF5oQaG2-o</a>

I hate how some this new themes are so repetitive, but dammit, this is still catchy as all hell.

September 27, 2016, 12:18:20 PM
Reply #48
Double post, but Metallica's good again.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tdKl-gTpZg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tdKl-gTpZg</a>

Let's see how much that lasts.  :monster:

September 28, 2016, 05:37:22 PM
Reply #49
http://deadline.com/2016/09/babymetal-live-action-animiated-digital-series-warner-bros-japanese-pop-metal-band-1201827656/

This better not suck. Also would have been a good thing to announce at the end of Tokyo Dome's Black Night instead of hyping up a major announcement and having it turn out to be a viewing of the concerts.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:38:45 PM by でじこ »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]