Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: What genres of music do you listen to?  (Read 685 times)

May 02, 2016, 08:31:11 AM
What genre, or genres of music do you like the most?

Here are mine, listed from most to lesser liked:
  • House music
  • Dubstep
  • Electro
  • Alt Rock
  • Pop (occasionally)
The Scientific Toast

May 02, 2016, 09:27:32 AM
Reply #1
I don't really care what genre something is, so my taste of music is all over the place. I'm pretty open to any genre. :monster:

I have a list of artists I like here, if anyone's interested. Organized not by genre, but by country.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

May 16, 2016, 08:12:09 PM
Reply #2
punk
hardxcore
thrash

for starters

May 16, 2016, 11:32:28 PM
Reply #3
I listen to almost anything. The only things I don't really like are metal, hardcore stuff, and bro-country. I like some older punk music, the kind of shit I listened to in high school.

I guess what I listen to the most is probably folk or indie rock.
Ask me anything!

Skype: sinceritystar | AIM: xcatxstarx | PSN: Atiqua | XBL: Aviendra

May 17, 2016, 12:25:53 AM
Reply #4
I listen to a lot of different types of music, about the only genre in which I haven't found anything to enjoy is hip-hop. I used to hate dubstep (and still do for most of it), but I've found some here and there that I quite like. I have even, to my great surprise, found one or two country songs that I like.

I guess what I listen to the most would be J-pop (of course), rock of various kinds, punk, goth rock, some older pop, and a bit of Scandinavian black metal.

<3[/spoiler]

May 17, 2016, 05:14:17 AM
Reply #5
I love my oldies country and southern rock but one in a while I geek out to Classical music

May 17, 2016, 07:54:35 AM
Reply #6
My favorites are probably rock (hard/progressive/psychedelic), jazz fusion, new wave, and power metal. I'm also a sucker for anything with an orchestra.

As for music that I can't stand...death metal/nu metal/whichever one has a lot of yelling and whining, and pop country/bro country.

May 17, 2016, 11:47:19 AM
Reply #7
In my eyes bro country is NO country

May 17, 2016, 04:12:09 PM
Reply #8
Most rock, especially power rock.  No love for bro-country here either.

May 17, 2016, 04:20:54 PM
Reply #9
I especially dig horrorpunk, Deathrock, Goth rock, Psychobilly, and Industrial. I favor Deathrock over Goth more because it's bouncier and happy in a morbid and grim sense whereas goth tends to just bring me down....

I'd rather a transylvanian party over a smoky room with just me and the walls and a bottle of Absynthe to give a me a bad trip.

June 02, 2017, 10:55:46 PM
Reply #10
Dubstep, Rock, Metal, Video Game Soundtracks, some Pop.  8)

June 03, 2017, 02:02:37 AM
Reply #11
I'm such a patrician that I don't listen to any music.
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

June 09, 2017, 01:22:48 PM
Reply #12
Mainly symphonic metal and folk metal, with some punk, country, alt rock, folk, and whatever you could call Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds or Creature Feature mixed in to keep it interesting. In fact, I listen to most everything except rap or electronica.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

June 15, 2017, 06:26:58 PM
Reply #13
Mainly symphonic metal and folk metal, with some punk, country, alt rock, folk, and whatever you could call Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds or Creature Feature mixed in to keep it interesting. In fact, I listen to most everything except rap or electronica.

I'm down

June 18, 2017, 05:18:19 PM
Reply #14
Indie anything, alternative rock, metal, classic rock, emo rock, blues and blues rock, punk, rap, jazz, some soul and R&B, and obviously classical. I know this might sound snobbish, but my general rule of thumb is "if it's good, I'll like it." I don't typically discriminate between genres too much, I just like what I like.
L̻I̙̫̗͇̲̞̹F̥̭̰͇̖̟͈E̹̼̳͕ ͇H͓̼͇͖͎͓A̟͖S͎ A̞̖ ͇͍M̦͇̙͓̦E̞̳͔̱̼̩Ḷ̻̯O͕Ḏ̮̱̲͉̠̭Y

June 28, 2017, 01:22:38 PM
Reply #15
Im very open to almost anything except rap and country but I would say the genre's I go out of my way to listen to are pop, rock and techno. I think I developed a love for techno growing up with 8 and 16 bit console chip tunes.

June 28, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
Reply #16
when it comes to electronic i like more darker flavors compared to the more mainstream styles. anything from 80s darwave/coldwave to cybergrind

July 03, 2017, 09:49:41 PM
Reply #17
I like a weird mix of lots of stuff. I listen to tons of cartoon songs, movie music, oldies (1920s to 1960s), swing and some light pop from the '80s. 

July 09, 2017, 02:42:47 AM
Reply #18
I tend to like alot of 80s darkwave especially guys like specimen and alien sex fiend

October 03, 2017, 02:03:49 AM
Reply #19

October 04, 2017, 10:09:28 AM
Reply #20
lately i've been into alot of dark/heavy acid tunes. walkin the lines between hell and the land of oz through i can still see through to reality and while everyone chooses death by domestication i'm the apex hunter... the buzzard among the carrion.

October 04, 2017, 01:12:59 PM
Reply #21
I listen to a lot of genres
But my favorites are lofi hip hop, tropical house, pop, and electronic

What's up everybody, I think dogs should vote!

October 05, 2017, 02:23:46 AM
Reply #22
Right now, mostly prog rock and experimental industrial hip hop.
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

October 05, 2017, 04:27:06 AM
Reply #23
What are my favorite genres?

- Metal
- some types of rock
- Jazz
- Blues
- Classical (opera or orchestral)
- Video game tracks...

but yeah, mostly Metal, and it's various sub genres.
PLEASE check out my fanfic Elements Change the Dark Hearts and give me feedback. I need any and ALL criticisms!