Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 6x10 - Applejack's "Day" Off  (Read 3746 times)

May 31, 2016, 05:40:10 PM
Reply #25
I've seen some people defend AJ's stupidity because of the message.  The problem is that AJ's rube goldberg device-like method of feeding the pigs is... well, rube goldberg device-like.  Compare that to the scene where AJ gets the chicken eggs by feeding the chickens one at a time.  This process isn't convoluted or difficult so I understand why AJ got stuck doing this and why it never occurred to her that there could be an easier way.  Not very often your brain says, "Yeah, this is easy, but what if it was easier?"  But when it comes to the pigs, the blah-lah-lah-lah face, the chicken dance*, the rope, the knocking the bucket over, that's too much for me to buy.

Some would say AJ's pride factors into her behavior.  You show me a good argument for AJ's pride causing her to make such stupid decisions and I'll show you a pony that doesn't deserve to run a farm.

*Why would Applejack think the pigs, non-intelligent creatures in Equestria, would see her chicken dance and understand anything?  Heck, how are pigs supposed to understand that a chicken dance is an imitation of chickens?

It was mostly a gag but also an obviously pointless process so both the others and the audience (children's show remember) got the idea that AJ was doing things the hard way. 

As for the pigs thing...Fluttershy can talk to and even have tea parties with "non-intelligent" animals so um make of that what you will. :monster:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

May 31, 2016, 09:00:12 PM
Reply #26
This episode was

(sorry I just really wanted to use this :lol:)

I wanted to point out something about the moral. For me it's more for the older people who watch the show, because this kind of routine only happens when you're old enough.

XD Classic, classic.

Not really, they would just need to cut the padding parts in the spa and add more things for AJ to fix in its place.

Being honest the towel bit could had been cut out, AJ could had seen the leaking pipe couldn't she? Also by how they followed the towel stallion seemed like a "let's follow the suspect while not being seen" crime meme, tho now I just remembered the newspaper scene in Pink Panther. XD

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

May 31, 2016, 11:58:37 PM
Reply #27
so both the others and the audience (children's show remember) got the idea that AJ was doing things the hard way. 
That just screams of the writers thinking children are too stupid to understand something unless it's greatly exaggerated.

Also, you guys don't need to point out to me that it was meant to be a gag.  Kind obvious.
As for the pigs thing...Fluttershy can talk to and even have tea parties with "non-intelligent" animals so um make of that what you will. :monster:
When?

June 01, 2016, 07:38:03 AM
Reply #28
*Why would Applejack think the pigs, non-intelligent creatures in Equestria, would see her chicken dance and understand anything?  Heck, how are pigs supposed to understand that a chicken dance is an imitation of chickens?

I didn't love the episode myself, but does this really matter? Was MLP, at any point, a logical cartoon?

June 01, 2016, 08:10:47 AM
Reply #29
Being honest the towel bit could had been cut out, AJ could had seen the leaking pipe couldn't she? Also by how they followed the towel stallion seemed like a "let's follow the suspect while not being seen" crime meme, tho now I just remembered the newspaper scene in Pink Panther. XD

They could have shortened the following him part but I think it worked for the episode otherwise.

That just screams of the writers thinking children are too stupid to understand something unless it's greatly exaggerated.

Well in this case it's justified IMO. :-\

When?

Well she's talked to them on multiple occasions but if you mean the tea party, it was in Too Many Pinkie Pies.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

June 02, 2016, 05:44:25 PM
Reply #30
Question, how did AJ get into the habit of swinging by a rope while having a fishing line tied to corn? I mean---couldn't she just feed them normally?  :-\ I get why she did the "attempt to scare them" and "telling them by dance that if they don't get the food the chickens will" but the last one, that just blows everything into bad writing areas as there is no way AJ would ever be stupid enough to do that instead of feeding them normally, I mean why hang by a rope?

EDIT:Why I think AJ's family making this flaw impossible is 1 reason.

If she did all that extra stuff to the point she can't even spend time with her friends, shouldn't her family had noticed that? Yeah she does still work fast but is still unable to do anything with Rarity as she's so busy, it doesn't matter how well she did the chores with the extra things she did.

If she couldn't even get enough time to go and spend like 10 mins with a friend then yes, her family should had took notice, more so Big Mac who is a hard worker. Going with the opening scene, Rarity waited in the steam room and AJ only just showed up "right as the spa was closing" so that confirms she is taking far longer than she should and someone in her family should had took noticed.

Big Mac is a very hard worker and sure he of all characters would've realized what she was doing is un-needed or at the very least that she's not doing her chores as fast as she normally does.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:14:37 AM by Speedy »

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

June 08, 2016, 03:53:36 PM
Reply #31
I also think the episode was not good enough.

June 09, 2016, 11:01:11 PM
Reply #32
This episode was cute, but I did certainly feel like the real message from it is "Applejack is dumb and needs her friends to teach her how to be a basic functioning pony". :lol:  Ah well, I still enjoyed it, even despite that.