Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 6x06 - No Second Prances  (Read 5021 times)

March 15, 2016, 11:16:52 AM
There's an episode listed for April 30th on Zap2it.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/my-little-pony-season-6-episode-6-no.html#more

No synopsis yet, but feel free to speculate what it could be about.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:03:31 PM by The Derpy One »

March 15, 2016, 11:23:39 AM
Reply #1
I say Prince Blueblood comes back and wants to spend time with Rares

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 15, 2016, 11:24:02 AM
Reply #2
"No Second Prances" is the title. Hm, this could be relating to any character in the past that's looking for another chance at something. Perhaps it's the return of Trixie? (This time as the more nice "Great and Apologetic Trixie" as we saw at the end of Magic Duel)

It could possibly even be Lightning Dust. In yet another former antagonist redemption kind of thing.

Or perhaps it's the first Starlight focused episode and it's her talking again with some of the village ponies like Party Favor, Sugar Belle, etc.

March 15, 2016, 12:31:38 PM
Reply #3
"No Second Prances" is the title. Hm, this could be relating to any character in the past that's looking for another chance at something. Perhaps it's the return of Trixie? (This time as the more nice "Great and Apologetic Trixie" as we saw at the end of Magic Duel)

It could possibly even be Lightning Dust. In yet another former antagonist redemption kind of thing.

Or perhaps it's the first Starlight focused episode and it's her talking again with some of the village ponies like Party Favor, Sugar Belle, etc.

Lightning could be trying to get back into the Wonderbolts Academy.

March 16, 2016, 03:22:32 AM
Reply #4
Maybe it's a Prance Vacation episode.

March 16, 2016, 08:31:23 AM
Reply #5

She already made up with them in the season 5 epilogue.

March 16, 2016, 03:12:24 PM
Reply #6
She already made up with them in the season 5 epilogue.

Could be further elaborating on it. Double Diamond mentioned in the opener of the place he first met Starlight. They could show how that went and such.

April 22, 2016, 11:51:31 AM
Reply #7
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_OtvTZSUc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_OtvTZSUc</a>

April 22, 2016, 03:32:52 PM
Reply #8
Guess who's back
back again.
Trixie's back.
Tell a friend

Hehe, that's really cool. I approve Trixie's return. Though since the synopsis has been revealed, I have to wonder why Twilight doesn't want Starlight to befriend Trixie just yet. I thought Twi was cool with Trixie after the "Great and Apologetic" ending of Magic Duel?

Though having Trixie meet Starlight could be very interesting giving their both former antagonists for Twilight. Albeit a big difference in that Trixie had a mind corrupting amulet make her more evil then she actually is. Starlight didn't have anything aside from her mind being possibly messed up to begin with and what she did is arguably worse then what Trixie did with the amulet on

But anyway, it'll be great to see how Trixie's been since we last saw her in Season 3. From the short clip we got, looks like she still has her confidence. So she must of recovered at least somewhat.

April 22, 2016, 03:41:54 PM
Reply #9
I approve the the gret and powerful Trixie coming back, I say Twi doesn't trust the Trix think that the Trix is running a scam. I hope she isn't though I want the Trix to be a real friend right form the start

Snowy Flanks

April 22, 2016, 05:59:14 PM
Reply #10
Hmmm well let's see where this goes.  As long as they don't make Twi a jerk for no reason I'll be fine with it.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

April 22, 2016, 08:21:03 PM
Reply #11
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JSCbEKsguQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JSCbEKsguQ</a>

April 23, 2016, 05:25:04 AM
Reply #12
What is Twilight's problem, Trixie is reformed, need further proof read the comics. It is not Starlight made friends with Discord, now that I would understand Twilight reacting like that.

April 23, 2016, 09:08:44 AM
Reply #13
What is Twilight's problem, Trixie is reformed, need further proof read the comics. It is not Starlight made friends with Discord, now that I would understand Twilight reacting like that.
I don't think Twilight fears that Trixie will bring Starlight to the darkside of the force or anything.  But the great and apologetic Trixie is still as big a blowhard as the great and powerful trixie and the great and vindictive trixie from seasons 1 and 3.  I don't think Trix is out to hurt a soul, no no no, but she's still going to let her pride control her and try to show up anypony that walks into her sight, more likely to make avoider than a friend.  And I think Twilight's afraid that part of Trixie's personality will rub off on Starlight.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:09:59 AM by Bronymian Rhapsody »

April 23, 2016, 09:51:24 AM
Reply #14
Wait really? 5 Eps in and we're already getting a week break..?  ???

Hmmm well let's see where this goes.  As long as they don't make Twi a jerk for no reason I'll be fine with it.

The Eps' about Twi? I would think RD or even AJ, or maybe Fluttershy's brother or Blueblood trying to get Rarity to forgive him.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:53:06 AM by Speedy »

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

April 23, 2016, 10:09:22 AM
Reply #15
The Eps' about Twi?
Yeah.  It is.  A synopsis about her has been around for over a month and the teaser clip Applejack2011 posted confirms it.

April 23, 2016, 04:45:45 PM
Reply #16
I don't think Twilight fears that Trixie will bring Starlight to the darkside of the force or anything.  But the great and apologetic Trixie is still as big a blowhard as the great and powerful trixie and the great and vindictive trixie from seasons 1 and 3.  I don't think Trix is out to hurt a soul, no no no, but she's still going to let her pride control her and try to show up anypony that walks into her sight, more likely to make avoider than a friend.  And I think Twilight's afraid that part of Trixie's personality will rub off on Starlight.

Perhaps, I guess Trixie needs this more for a reason to come back. I like Discord for the role of someone Twilight fears would be a bad influence on Starlight.

April 23, 2016, 05:26:16 PM
Reply #17
Yeah.  It is.  A synopsis about her has been around for over a month and the teaser clip Applejack2011 posted confirms it.

So? Fluttershy's brother was leaked and we thought it was for S5, plus just 1 clip can't confirm it's for this or for that Ep.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

April 23, 2016, 06:19:52 PM
Reply #18
So?
......... so it's more reliable than a random guess over what happens.  Especially when it's from a reliable source that's been us accurate synopsis for previous episodes.
Fluttershy's brother was leaked and we thought it was for S5
......... okay.  Interesting bit of trivia there.  Don't see what that has to do with anything here.
plus just 1 clip can't confirm it's for this or for that Ep.
.........  it says right in the video title the clip is from the next episode.  And the scenario matches up with the synopsis that's been around for a month.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:24:30 PM by Bronymian Rhapsody »

April 23, 2016, 09:31:22 PM
Reply #19
......... so it's more reliable than a random guess over what happens.  Especially when it's from a reliable source that's been us accurate synopsis for previous episodes.......... okay.  Interesting bit of trivia there.  Don't see what that has to do with anything here..........  it says right in the video title the clip is from the next episode.  And the scenario matches up with the synopsis that's been around for a month.

.........My reaction as I can't even defend myself. XD

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:33:06 PM by Speedy »

April 30, 2016, 10:34:29 AM
Reply #20
Glimmer gets more adorable every episode

Snowy Flanks

April 30, 2016, 10:53:05 AM
Reply #21
Not sure Trixie trying to be non-hammy feels convincing to me.

Unfortunately the logic of the episode seems to put her in the right.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:54:06 AM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

April 30, 2016, 11:04:16 AM
Reply #22
No time for a full review later

I think we found our Amedot of the series.

April 30, 2016, 11:36:50 AM
Reply #23
Well, that was certainly ... something that happened.

I'm still finding the presence of Starlight surprisingly less obnoxious than I thought before the season.

Twilight completely failing as a teacher is starting to get annoying, though. Yes, it's completely in character for her, and it was an interesting plot point in "The Crystalling", but it isn't nice to watch, and it's tending towards flanderization. I hope we're not going to get a whole season arc full of it.

Trixie, on the other hand ... she felt shoehorned in, and out of character half the time. With better writing she'd be able to make friends without completely losing her signature mannerisms.

I think the mutual venting moments between Trixie and Starlight were supposed to show bonding, but they fell flat for me because they led nowhere -- the listening pony barely even reacted to the other one's vents. It would have been a stronger episode if, in addition to vague bonding over being dissatisfied with Twilight, it showed Starlight/Trixie actually enjoying each other's company. It's right that they have matching legacies in common, but for Faust's sake show that! Just half a minute's worth of happy working together, swapping jokes about evil villainessing would have made it all so much more believable.

And it was a bit of a cop-out for the episode to let it take Twilight's intervention at the end to patch up things between Starlight and Trixie. It would have make the point clearer if Starlight could make her decision to be swayed by Trixie's contrition without having Twilight hover around in the background at the same time, apologizing all while trying to sound wise and magnanimous about it.

Aslo also: Celestia! Dammit your highness, and no disrespect meant, but you're supposed to be professional royalty. If you find yourself stuck with random subjects at a social occasion it's your fucking job to try to make it bearable for the random subjects and do that soothing royal thing you do. Not to roll your eyes and sigh awkwardly. How do they deserve that? Can't even bring yourself to make conversation with Cranky -- you came to his wedding fer goodness sake!

Oh and the random-meeting-in-a-spa has been done already in "Games Ponies Play".
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:49:36 AM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

April 30, 2016, 02:36:35 PM
Reply #24
Yeah... I'm afraid I don't think I liked this one too much. There were amusing gags and good lines here and there for sure. (Ex: Rainbow's face upon Starlight not knowing who Starfire and the wonderbolts are)

But when did Twilight lose the modesty that was established (Rather ironically) in Trixie's debut episode? I know this was related to impressing Celestia. But even then Twilight still comes off as rather forcible towards Starlight, almost prioritizing her own image before Celestia before her commitment towards teaching Starlight. It seems obvious that the intent is to show Twilight as a teacher has her flaws. But I'm not so sure this is one of the right ways of showing that.

I also think the fact Trixie basically almost committed suicide might be another of those controversial parts of an episode. That could make talking about this episode awkward in the future. Similar to the debate about self-harm (Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?), religion (Feeling Pinkie Keen), and morality regarding getting rid of the Mirror Pool clones (Too Many Pinkie Pies). Regardless on whether you liked it or not, that could be an awkward part of the episode I feel.

I do think there was a better way of going with it, possibly without Celestia in the mix (She didn't really do much aside from the usual pressure on Twilight. Heck, Celestia didn't even talk). Make Starlight's need to make a new friend (Other then those she already knows like the Mane 6, Spike, etc.) just a challenge/mission that Twilight gives Starlight. Starlight then meets and befriends Trixie. Twilight isn't sure about the friendship with Trixie because even if she knows Trixie is better then she was. She's afraid Trixie's conceited behavior will rub off on Starlight and Starlight will thus be doing things that may turn away friends more then attract them. That'd be a legit concern that Twilight has, but Twilight is proven wrong when she sees how exactly Starlight and Trixie actually fairly getting along. Maybe Trixie and Starlight have their playful snarking about the things they've done when they were bad. Maybe even make playful jokes about Twilight since they both fought against Twi in some way. A big reason Starlight would like Trixie in this scenario is that she finds Trixie's quirks charming (Almost like a metaphor for the many fans of Trixie), Twilight would then learn that some quirks that might turn people off for might do the opposite for others. Perhaps Starlight even explains what she likes about Trixie, and Twilight herself appreciates Trixie more. Twilight and Trixie themselves become friends, and with all three now being formally friends it opens up the possibility that Trixie can be a minor recurring character from then on.