Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 6x05 - Gauntlet of Fire  (Read 3715 times)

March 15, 2016, 08:09:31 AM
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/my-little-pony-season-6-episode-5.html#more

What do you think? Maybe we'll get to see Spike be badass. He'll probably turn into a giant like in SoME.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:03:06 PM by The Derpy One »

March 15, 2016, 09:31:50 AM
Reply #1
This sounds really cool.  I wander what being Dragon Lord actually means?  Will Spike be ruler of all Dragons are Dragon Nobility or what?  Very hyped for this episode. :)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

March 15, 2016, 09:32:06 AM
Reply #2
I say his small size will work for him, allowing him to walk under the dangers

Snowy Flanks

March 15, 2016, 09:57:55 AM
Reply #3
This sounds really cool.  I wander what being Dragon Lord actually means?  Will Spike be ruler of all Dragons are Dragon Nobility or what?  Very hyped for this episode. :)

Maybe Spike has to choose between being Dragon Lord or staying with his friends.

March 15, 2016, 05:11:27 PM
Reply #4
Maybe Spike has to choose between being Dragon Lord or staying with his friends.

Maybe though I'm hoping that's not where they go with it.

- Master Willem

March 15, 2016, 05:36:34 PM
Reply #5

March 15, 2016, 07:43:08 PM
Reply #6

April 14, 2016, 10:36:19 AM
Reply #7
Spike episode already?  Eh, this season's been pretty strong so far.  I guess getting strangled with mediocrity for 22 minutes won't hurt it too much.

*cue angry Spike fanboys*
I like Spike but let's not pretend he has a good track record when taking the spotlight.

April 14, 2016, 05:14:26 PM
Reply #8
Just saw the preview for this episode and it looks epic.  Very excited to see where this is going. :D

- Master Willem

April 14, 2016, 07:27:19 PM
Reply #9
I was sold with flamecano

and was that a siren?

Snowy Flanks

April 16, 2016, 10:42:28 AM
Reply #10
"FEEL SAD!"

Hope that becomes a image response to shows and fanworks that force feels.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:43:10 AM by Bronymian Rhapsody »

April 16, 2016, 10:43:20 AM
Reply #11
Hmm, not sure I like dragon society being so organized as to have a formal lord with term limits and everything. It doesn't seem to jive with what we've seen of dragons so far.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

April 16, 2016, 10:44:30 AM
Reply #12
Has it been officially stated when and why Luna and Celestia are allowed to be awake during the same hours?

Calling it - Spike helps the lord's daughter win.

April 16, 2016, 10:53:59 AM
Reply #13
Dragon action girl is a bit clichéed. (Are we supposed to ship her?)

Why don't Spike just pledge to help her win? She seems to be reasonably well disposed towards ponies anyway.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:54:44 AM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here

April 16, 2016, 10:54:05 AM
Reply #14
Countercall, Spike is about to win but goes back to save Ember allowing Garble to win

Snowy Flanks

April 16, 2016, 11:02:27 AM
Reply #15
Countercall, Spike is about to win but goes back to save Ember allowing Garble to win

April 16, 2016, 11:05:09 AM
Reply #16
The credits haven't even finished and there is already emberspike shipping on Derpibooru

I love this fandom SO MUCH

Snowy Flanks

April 16, 2016, 11:18:10 AM
Reply #17
So, um ... Spike is Harry Potter now?

(Or perhaps I'm imagining things, but there were several Goblet of Fire allusions along the way, wasn't there?)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:21:26 AM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here

April 16, 2016, 11:30:28 AM
Reply #18
(Or perhaps I'm imagining things, but there were several Goblet of Fire allusions along the way, wasn't there?)
I dont think so, it more tropes from your typical death curse for the prize in the center

Snowy Flanks

April 16, 2016, 11:40:47 AM
Reply #19
I thought that Spike would get wings canon, but I got female dragon as waited for.

April 16, 2016, 03:47:37 PM
Reply #20
Good Ep, good moral, overall a very cool Ep even tho I think they rushed the "dragons don't do friends---------OK WE DO!" Ember made a total 180 for no reason, eh just a minor thing.

Also a complaint is that we ALWAYS get this, we follow our char through challenges just to have a new char they just befriended win instead due to selfless acting. When I saw Spike grab that stone I was all for it, breaking of the usual outcome of these type of Eps, but nope, he willingly gave it to his new possible gf.

I get it, but why does this happen every single time we get these Eps in all these shows? Still a great Ep, and now my theory:If what we saw at the end of the opener was a Changeling, then every new ally from S5 and here, will return for a all out epic battle for the Empire, they wasted the map in S5, will they here? Ya know, Spike growing is just like the Mane6's CMs glowing when the map calls them.

Has it been officially stated when and why Luna and Celestia are allowed to be awake during the same hours?

They "always" been awake at the same time, I just assume Luna N-E-V-E-R sleep-wait she was dreaming last season, DARN IT SHOW you can't even keep focused on these details! XD Also, like in S4 Luna has a different voice, why? Let's hope like then, it's only this 1 time. I mean she IS voiced by Rarity, why would she suddenly stop or change?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:57:55 PM by Speedy »

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

April 16, 2016, 04:41:16 PM
Reply #21
A surprising great episode even though it was full of cliches and predictability, and the plot about Spike befriending a good dragon, a female dragon at that, that already happened in the comics. But not everyone reads the comics, so I understand they are able to do that again.

The only problem I have is Twilight just letting that red dragon push her around. She is an Alicorn, she defeated Tirak, she should be able to take one dragon on. I guess it is what the plot demands, it is like the Avatar: The Last Airbender episode "Jet", Aang should not be losing to someone like Jet.

What I am exciting is the ending and the prudential, we know have a chance for a pony / dragon alliance. Add that to the yaks and possibly griffins, we have a great alliance to take part in a war against the Changlings and their allies of villains.

April 16, 2016, 04:42:55 PM
Reply #22
Also a complaint is that we ALWAYS get this, we follow our char through challenges just to have a new char they just befriended win instead due to selfless acting. When I saw Spike grab that stone I was all for it, breaking of the usual outcome of these type of Eps, but nope, he willingly gave it to his new possible gf.

She DID save his life once or twice, if I remember correctly. Thus, according the Dragon Code, he's now obliged to serve her (and serve her horrible pies) forever. And she can't even get out of it because she's a dragon too! Muahaha!

That aside, it wasn't really "selfless" of Spike to hand her the victory -- it was the one action that gave him everything he had been striving for, namely safety for Equestria and not having to stay and govern the other dragons.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:46:10 PM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here

April 16, 2016, 05:56:01 PM
Reply #23
She DID save his life once or twice, if I remember correctly. Thus, according the Dragon Code, he's now obliged to serve her (and serve her horrible pies) forever. And she can't even get out of it because she's a dragon too! Muahaha!

That aside, it wasn't really "selfless" of Spike to hand her the victory -- it was the one action that gave him everything he had been striving for, namely safety for Equestria and not having to stay and govern the other dragons.

Oh him giving her the staff wasn't selfless, that would had been him attacking the bully and thus allowed her to grab the staff. She told him to get it anyways but still gave her it, yeah he's a baby but he deserves the crown! XD Wouldn't it had been funny if Spike was her long lost brother?

P.S, why was Ember "green" when we first saw her in the armor? Paint? And she just decided to forego the helmet after she pretended to be some dragon else, oh, and HOW DID Twi and Rarity get to the last room so fast? In S2 Twi had to find a CRACK IN THE CEILING to teleport, before that she was able to teleport from MILES AWAY BACK HOME WITH 3 OTHERS, saying this now, if they use the "she teleported excuse" then her teleportation is broken broken BROKEN! It can't even follow the same rule for 1 season.

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

April 16, 2016, 06:42:24 PM
Reply #24
So Ember is the new Lord of Dragons?  So that makes her Lord Ember...there's a Dark Souls 3 joke to be made here I'm sure but I can't think of one. :(

Anyway this was a great episode. :pchappy

I'm guessing the reason there aren't any full grown Dragons in the competition is because they all competed with Torch when they where young Dragons and you only get one chance to compete in a lifetime or something like that.  I'm slightly disappointed we didn't get to see Crackle again.  But those minor things aside this was really good.

Firstly Ember is a pretty cool character and she's kinda sexy to. ;)  Was I the only one getting mild jealousy vibes from Rarity with that "you're better off without her" line? :lol:

We got a couple of new creatures for the Equestria Bestiary, which is always fun. :D

So if we assume Gilda is working her way up to being Queen of the Griffins of screen then that's another Species the Mane 6 have a direct connection to.  It'd be pretty cool if this all lead up to a global threat at some point that all the species of the world had to work together to stop or something like that. :D

I am slightly disappointed that Spike didn't stay Dragon Lord and/or get his wings but he did win and it wasn't like he wanted to be Dragon Lord anyway.  So it works.  And he did use his power rather well before giving it up. :lol:

There are apparently more Spike episodes on the way and, while I actually like most of the past Spike episodes, hopefully this means they'll finally start developing him a bit.

- Master Willem