Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: WOULD YOU MODS BE MAD.....  (Read 1287 times)

February 11, 2016, 06:48:32 PM
If my sister joins the forums? we share the same IP address and previously when I didn't ask the devs before my siblings made an account I got in trouble for making dupe accounts. I really like these forums and this community so I don't want to get in trouble here.
Think your pretty righteous? Think your pure of heart? WELL I KNOW I'M A MILLION TIMES AS HUMBLE AS THOU ART!

February 11, 2016, 07:15:16 PM
Reply #1
I'm not sure because it could raise red flags and make the forum think you are Ban Evading or whatever.

I mean, if this profile in question is going to be used by a sibling, I THINK it could work. I'm not sure...I'd wait until you hear from Derpy; and I suggest you PM him this issue you have.

So, hold off until you hear from him. I'm not entirely sure and I don't want anyone to get punished because of my uncertainty.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 10/26/2017 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."

February 11, 2016, 07:19:32 PM
Reply #2
I'm not sure because it could raise red flags and make the forum think you are Ban Evading or whatever.

I mean, if this profile in question is going to be used by a sibling, I THINK it could work. I'm not sure...I'd wait until you hear from Derpy; and I suggest you PM him this issue you have.

So, hold off until you hear from him. I'm not entirely sure and I don't want anyone to get punished because of my uncertainty.

Thanks. will do.
Think your pretty righteous? Think your pure of heart? WELL I KNOW I'M A MILLION TIMES AS HUMBLE AS THOU ART!

February 14, 2016, 10:06:47 AM
Reply #3
I'm almost certain the forum software doesn't care.

We've already had at least one case of members who lived together and shared an internet connection, but who didn't announce it out loud. After several months, when I figured this out from their posting patterns (and a small bit of l33t haxx0ring) and asked them privately for confirmation, they said nobody else had noticed, including the forum staff.

Moderators can see if two accounts are posting form the same internet connection, but only if they go looking for the evidence.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

February 16, 2016, 10:02:37 AM
Reply #4
And she needs one of the mods to confirm and send an email, when is this gonna happen? she has been waiting for like a week and nothing. I didn't have to wait this long.

February 16, 2016, 10:36:47 AM
Reply #5
Please stick to one thread for each case.

Anyways, eh? Like, an email confirmation? That's automated, we don't send emails to anybody ever.

Check your spam folder and everything, it's possible it ended up there.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 16, 2016, 10:54:54 AM
Reply #6
Please stick to one thread for each case.

Anyways, eh? Like, an email confirmation? That's automated, we don't send emails to anybody ever.

Check your spam folder and everything, it's possible it ended up there.

ok thanks