Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Ask Human Twilight (Post-Friendship Games)  (Read 3696 times)

September 29, 2015, 02:31:03 PM
((This section doesn't seem too active but thought I'd try this out anyway. If there's any questions that may have answers that are majorly spoiler-ific I will answer them in spoilers box as I know not every body has seen Friendship Games. If you have a question that's also Spoiler-ific in nature, I suggest you do the same))

Oh! Um, hello there? I'm Twilight Sparkle, I recently transferred over to Canterlot High after... a combination of incidents at the Friendship games... Many of whom I deeply regret...

But I-i suppose you're here to ask me something? I'll try my best to answer all I can...

October 16, 2015, 11:44:29 PM
Reply #1
  • EQF's resident Lovecraftian
  • face your fears or hide from the truth
  • bits
    View Inventory
    Send Money To DON'T BLINK
  • AKA: thexcrimsonxghostie - hXc .....TrashWastedYouth hXc - Whaaaaaaaaale! - Nora Pie - limestoneXpie
I see you're a girl with a particular fascination with properties of energy. We know that energy cannot changed, created, nor destroyed; however, in the case of magic it would appear that it can be manipulated through positive or negative vibrations through it's user or environment. Thus does it violate the laws of energy?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 17, 2015, 03:03:48 PM
Reply #2
I see you're a girl with a particular fascination with properties of energy. We know that energy cannot changed, created, nor destroyed; however, in the case of magic it would appear that it can be manipulated through positive or negative vibrations through it's user or environment. Thus does it violate the laws of energy?

Yeah... when thinking of the laws of energy Magic certainly seems odd...

According to the first law, Energy can't be created or destroyed. Now of course I still don't understand enough about Magic to know for sure. But when some of the Canterlot High girls erm... "ponied up" as they say. Did they create magic when they transformed? Or... did they have the magic inside them all along and they're just the only ones who have harnessed it. Is it dormant in all of us in some way? These are questions I hope to learn the answer to, hopefully with Sunset's help.

The other two laws relate to how Energy can't be completely destroyed. But it can lose it's original muster when used.  If Magic applied to the laws of Energy, then what happens to Magic when it's used? It seems to just disappear, but then again there is the damage I did when I was... corrupted that was obviously struck with a strong focused laser of what I presume was Magic. If it's not destroyed, what happened to the magic after each blast I did? What about the magic that hit me when Sunset defeated my corrupted side? Did that magic in some way help me come back to my senses?

Just so many mysteries, but it'll be exciting to study!

Regarding the Laws of Energy though, I can't say for sure yet if they apply to magic or not. Maybe I'll find out some day, but there is no clear answer right now. Magic might very well need their own laws to be made if it's separate enough from energy. But until we find out more, we won't know.

October 17, 2015, 05:03:12 PM
Reply #3
  • bits
    View Inventory
  • AKA: thexcrimsonxghostie - hXc .....TrashWastedYouth hXc - Whaaaaaaaaale! - Nora Pie - limestoneXpie
You have to forgive me when I said energy could not be changed. As a matter of fact it can, but then when I think about it: What about energy transference? Perhaps when you were turned back that same energy was manipluated and reverted by the use of positive vibrations from Sunset's mindset being used against the negative vibrations you had had at the time. Also, did the magic necessarily dissapear or rather did it dissipate. We know that substances can come in the form of solids, liquids, gases, and plasma... so who's to say that the magical blast didn't just dissolve and go from a plasma state to a gaseous state after all of it's potential energy had been spent? I'm no expert, of course, but that's about the only feasible theory I have regarding said events.

October 18, 2015, 06:19:53 PM
Reply #4
You have to forgive me when I said energy could not be changed. As a matter of fact it can, but then when I think about it: What about energy transference? Perhaps when you were turned back that same energy was manipluated and reverted by the use of positive vibrations from Sunset's mindset being used against the negative vibrations you had had at the time. Also, did the magic necessarily dissapear or rather did it dissipate. We know that substances can come in the form of solids, liquids, gases, and plasma... so who's to say that the magical blast didn't just dissolve and go from a plasma state to a gaseous state after all of it's potential energy had been spent? I'm no expert, of course, but that's about the only feasible theory I have regarding said events.

If it dissipated, then that would mean there's still rather harmless magic sparks somewhere around the school grounds that might be so small they're too hard for human eyes to see. Or maybe it did become a sort of invisible gas. Again, there's no way to be sure either way right now.

It is rather interesting though that Magic seems to be influenced by emotion and/or intent.

October 19, 2015, 05:29:13 AM
Reply #5
  • bits
    View Inventory
Now that brings me to yet another theory. If Magic is an energy that is influenced by one's emotions, intentions, or maybe even something in the subconscious; then magic is a concentrated energy from one's sense of consciousness.   

October 19, 2015, 09:54:07 PM
Reply #6
Now that brings me to yet another theory. If Magic is an energy that is influenced by one's emotions, intentions, or maybe even something in the subconscious; then magic is a concentrated energy from one's sense of consciousness.   

*Excited Gasp*

Wait, if there's one thing that Science has not completely found answers to it's how the human mind works. For example, even after centuries of studying our own species we still don't understand how or why we have the ability to imagine and/or dream of various things when we sleep.

Wait... what if... what if Magic is somehow possibly what ever it is that lets us dream manifesting what usually only are thoughts in real life?!

When we have kept in fears we can get nightmares, and when we're feeling good we tend to have good dreams. As such things like dreams are influenced by how we feel inside. And what we saw of Magic might very well be the same thing! This might be huge!

((Seriously, I think I just got a headcanon for Magic in EQG from this now. Heck, the form Sunset takes at the end of the movie is even canonically named Daydream Shimmer))
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:54:51 PM by Northern Verve »

October 20, 2015, 06:00:30 AM
Reply #7
  • bits
    View Inventory
((that pic is so cute!))

But to manifest thoughts, emotions, and other abstracts into concentrated energy would take much of mind and we only use 10% of our brains while these ponies - who seem to have a greater degree of intelligence - must have the capability of using a greater percentage. Eitherway, converting an abstract into a physical concentration of energy would seem to be a bit of a scientific anomaly, but then again it used to be a commonly held belief that maggots spontaneously generated upon the dead or bees suddenly emerged from honey. How then could abstracts of the mind be forced into physical being as concentrated energy?

There has to be some process... a sort of transneural plasmic metamorphisis.

October 20, 2015, 10:27:05 AM
Reply #8
((that pic is so cute!))

But to manifest thoughts, emotions, and other abstracts into concentrated energy would take much of mind and we only use 10% of our brains while these ponies - who seem to have a greater degree of intelligence - must have the capability of using a greater percentage. Eitherway, converting an abstract into a physical concentration of energy would seem to be a bit of a scientific anomaly, but then again it used to be a commonly held belief that maggots spontaneously generated upon the dead or bees suddenly emerged from honey. How then could abstracts of the mind be forced into physical being as concentrated energy?

There has to be some process... a sort of transneural plasmic metamorphisis.

Well, admittedly what I just said is still just a theory, I could be completely wrong. But it's an exciting possibility that would connect two mysteries. But of course, it still doesn't explain absolutely everything about either mystery.

We don't know everything about our own brains, there could very well be a secret chamber or something of the sort that is capable of such amazing things that ordinarily we never can tap into it. But the recent shake-ups like people... (Or should I say ponies?) coming over from this Equestria that Sunset's told me about. Sunset has even said she is actually one of those ponies. Which admittedly I thought was crazy, but given what happened during the Friendship Games. I really have no grounds for denying any possibility of strange things like that.

But anyway, it's like that dimensional crossing at the very least allowed at least a few individuals that allowed Sunset's friends to occasionally "pony up" as they did. It's strange seeing Pony ears and/or wings grow on humans, but something about that portal to Equestria might of had an event afterward or two that allowed it to influence their minds that they can use more of their brain then normal, though because it came from a world where magical talking ponies seem to be the dominant species it made them get at least a few traits of the ponies in order for us to allow to tap into a new part of our brains. Again, I wonder if every one of us has the potential to do the same. As ridiculous it all sounds, I'm kinda curious enough to see how it feels if I "ponied up".

October 20, 2015, 04:38:30 PM
Reply #9
  • bits
    View Inventory
Transdimensional Genetic Reconfiguration...

In our world Homosapiens are of the most intelligent of creatures. Yet, in this Equestria, equines -or perhaps equusapiens- are the more intelligent. Upon crossing over man takes on the form of equine. As for Ponying up, it may not be some much that they are taking on pony characteristics as they are just putting foreward a sort of abstract image, much like an inner self being manifested like a real persona. Somehow this magic is not only able to manipulate environments but anatomical structures as well. Somehow, magical portals and use of magic have a means with which to change one's phyical appearance.

October 23, 2015, 10:21:49 PM
Reply #10
Well whatever goes on with it, I'm sure there will be alot of time to figure it out. Sunset may be intrigued about the possibility that magic in this world may be related to our minds in the meantime.

Though I'm starting to wonder if the way magic works may not quite so different from Equestria just that it's more controllable in a magic heavy land like Equestria. Because Sunset told me of the types of ponies there are, among them Unicorns which she said that was her type of pony as well as what my pony counterpart used to be prior to her gaining wings. (When I questioned Sunset about that she just said that I'd get migraines if I asked about every little thing about the magic in Equestria). I'm willing to guess that since the horns are the body part that can use magic directly, then that might be connected to their brains in some way. I've heard it takes good focus to perform magic well, and what helps you focus on a task more then your own brain?

October 23, 2015, 11:35:58 PM
Reply #11
  • bits
    View Inventory
Yet none of the other ponies can practice magic. Maybe, The horns are somehow linked into unicorn's consciousness. But what stops the other species from performing magic themselves? That's interesting in and of itself.

October 24, 2015, 09:40:59 AM
Reply #12
Yet none of the other ponies can practice magic. Maybe, The horns are somehow linked into unicorn's consciousness. But what stops the other species from performing magic themselves? That's interesting in and of itself.

Well supposedly the Pegasi and Earth ponies do have their own kind of magic, just that they're alot more subtle compared to Unicorn usage of it. Sunset did inform me that besides the obvious ability of Flight, what Pegasi can do that others can't without some magical assistance is walk on clouds and control the weather. And as for Earth Ponies, they seem to be known for being better farmers and/or cooks then the other types are. Whatever kind of magic they have somehow helps them make the best natural resources. They also seem to have a natural durability and are quite strong, injuries that may cripple Unicorns and Pegasi would only bruise Earth ponies.

October 24, 2015, 09:29:05 PM
Reply #13
  • bits
    View Inventory
Yes, quite so...

Daring Do managed to set a broken limb whan equines of our world would have to be... put to sleep... for such injuries that would bring about lameness. Although magic does seem to play a part, perhaps their intelligence makes up the most part of their abilities. It would almost seem to me that these Equssapiens, like us homosapiens, know how to help themselves and also care for the welfare of their fellow ponies. Is it so much literal magic or the very mindset of of this magic of friendship paired with a sense of perseverance and tenacity?   

October 24, 2015, 10:21:02 PM
Reply #14
Yes, quite so...

Daring Do managed to set a broken limb whan equines of our world would have to be... put to sleep... for such injuries that would bring about lameness. Although magic does seem to play a part, perhaps their intelligence makes up the most part of their abilities. It would almost seem to me that these Equssapiens, like us homosapiens, know how to help themselves and also care for the welfare of their fellow ponies. Is it so much literal magic or the very mindset of of this magic of friendship paired with a sense of perseverance and tenacity?   

Wait, did you say Daring Do?

That sounds really familiar...

Ah ha! Now I remember, it was a series of fictional books about a female adventurer who would enter dangerous temples in order to retrieve ancient artifacts to keep away from those would use it as a means of propaganda and superiority, sometimes these items even having magnificent powers of which Daring had to keep it away from the bad guys even more. Admittedly, it was one of my favorite series growing up, though I haven't had alot of time to read any newer ones since Crystal Prep demands that studying what's important is prioritized over reading what's considered "nonsense". The library there barely has any fictional books whatsoever. Thankfully I already saw that Canterlot High has a pleasantly big collection of fiction, so maybe I'll be able to catch up soon.

But wait a moment from what you're saying... pony Daring Do is a real pony over there?! That's... incredibly odd. If there's a pony Daring Do in that universe... then is there a real life Daring Do in this world?! I can hardly believe it if so... considering I've heard from Sunset though that things like fire-breathing Dragons exist in Equestria though. Maybe one of the big differences between our worlds is often fictional things are more real then they seem but fiction is still fiction here? Cause I know if there was a real life Daring Do in this world, I would think it'd be all over the news. Heck the Pony types like the Unicorns and Pegasi themselves are creatures only thought to exist in fairytales and mythology...

It makes me wonder which of our two universes are older. If there is even a difference in age of our universes, and if it's possible that if the pony world is younger then ours if somehow someway some people's imagination possibly created this world where beings of fantasy and magic exist and in some form this Equestria is still affected by the imagination of others in this world. It just sounds like too much of a coincidence that there is a world that has these creatures of fantasy turned real but until now were only creations of the mind here in fiction.

...Are our two worlds more connected then originally thought?

October 25, 2015, 02:16:05 PM
Reply #15
  • bits
    View Inventory
Since there is such an abundance of this magical energy. Perhaps our conceptions through creativity and even dreams may perhaps manifest themselves their. Perhaps these ponies and the world itself represents the things we wish we could be, but can't due to social stigma as well as impossibilities laid down by the physics of our world. If each and every one of has our own "little pony", even unto adulthood then maybe they are representative of an inner child, a conscience, or in some negative aspects... a personal demon. I'm thinking that these beings could very well be an augmentation of our mental states made manifest into reality... or a reality of sorts. Perhaps we are conceived right as the same time as these ponies as you have clearly seen, your transfigured pony bore many of your same features and were exactly the same age as one another.

Wait... if they transfigure themselves when crossing over... who says they're even ponies at all? What if they really are humans made to bear the likeness of ponies? Who's to say that perhaps they were once like us but were then turned and have no memory of their previous form. Equines can't possibly be able to build structures like ours with their anatomical limitations... yet they've labor ponies who work in infrastructure, maintenance, and even sculpt grand statues and castles.

What if they are.... cursed!?

October 25, 2015, 04:13:24 PM
Reply #16
Since there is such an abundance of this magical energy. Perhaps our conceptions through creativity and even dreams may perhaps manifest themselves their. Perhaps these ponies and the world itself represents the things we wish we could be, but can't due to social stigma as well as impossibilities laid down by the physics of our world. If each and every one of has our own "little pony", even unto adulthood then maybe they are representative of an inner child, a conscience, or in some negative aspects... a personal demon. I'm thinking that these beings could very well be an augmentation of our mental states made manifest into reality... or a reality of sorts. Perhaps we are conceived right as the same time as these ponies as you have clearly seen, your transfigured pony bore many of your same features and were exactly the same age as one another.

From what Sunset tells me though, the Pony world has it's own stigmas as it's very much a fleshed out world like ours is. Just with more magic, mythical creatures, fantastic landscapes, etc. If this world was completely a dream world where our pony selves undergo what we wish we could do or be. Then that would imply the whole place would be a utopia where nothing bad ever happens when clearly that's not true. (Though I suppose that may explain the "personal demon" part of this where the bad things that happen are people with dark desires that show up in their pony selves)

Wait... if they transfigure themselves when crossing over... who says they're even ponies at all? What if they really are humans made to bear the likeness of ponies? Who's to say that perhaps they were once like us but were then turned and have no memory of their previous form. Equines can't possibly be able to build structures like ours with their anatomical limitations... yet they've labor ponies who work in infrastructure, maintenance, and even sculpt grand statues and castles.

What if they are.... cursed!?

Cursed?

I... don't know. It sounds too convenient that they'd have no memory of being something else other then Ponies. And even if somehow they are, it doesn't look like whatever cursed them negatively effected them in anyway. Even in the completely hypothetical situation where they were once something else completely. There's no telling what turned them into ponies, nor if it's even reversible, or if they'd even WANT to no longer be "cursed".

If we claimed that they're not in their real forms they think we'd be crazy, by all means their current forms are what they are even if somehow it was proven they once weren't Ponies. In the same hypothetical situation, it's likely most of the "turned ponies" population are deceased because it would of been a really long time ago, because I'm pretty sure that the Ponies that Sunset were have been ponies from birth. Sunset did inform me there are some special ponies who have lived longer then a millennium in this world and not even they are amongst the first ponies cause they still have stories and folktales that took place before they were born or at least rose to power. So even if we asked the ponies who are over a millennium old, they'll still recall always having been ponies.

There'd have to be some spirit and/or really ancient clue that they once weren't ponies because if they were turned recently, there would be evidence of what civilization was like still. But in this situation they would have been ponies long enough to the point where it doesn't matter if the entire species was "cursed" into becoming ponies because at this point of time they're used to it enough that they pretty much are Ponies now.

And on things like building structures and other things that normally require hands here, I'm pretty sure they must of found a way. I'm not going to deny they made their own buildings just because they don't have any fingers to speak of. They do have Magic, and from what I've learned from Sunset... surprisingly prehensile mouths.

October 25, 2015, 04:26:41 PM
Reply #17
  • bits
    View Inventory
hmm... indeed.

They are quite strong especially with their mouths. But with jaws and teeth like that... they could very well be able to exert enough force at a  substantial velocity to so much as eat a block of steel. Still, The Transdimensional Reconfiguration is probably the biggest enigma out of all of this. One would need to go through the portal in human form and try to record the whole transfiguration. My theory is perhaps the individual -with consciousness still intact- is perhaps broken down on a molecular level and then "rebuilt" into the sentient organism of the established destination.

October 25, 2015, 04:26:43 PM
Reply #18
  • bits
    View Inventory
hmm... indeed.

They are quite strong especially with their mouths. But with jaws and teeth like that... they could very well be able to exert enough force at a  substantial velocity to so much as eat a block of steel. Still, The Transdimensional Reconfiguration is probably the biggest enigma out of all of this. One would need to go through the portal in human form and try to record the whole transfiguration. My theory is perhaps the individual -with consciousness still intact- is perhaps broken down on a molecular level and then "rebuilt" into the sentient organism of the established destination.

October 26, 2015, 10:52:26 PM
Reply #19
hmm... indeed.

Sunset told me at least a little bit on what happens when you go through. Apparently once you're completely through the portal the power of the portal stretches you as if you got caught by a black hole. Which frankly sounds terrifying! But apparently no harm is done, but it's certainly possible you're right on the molecular level cause maybe the process of the portal jumping is you're original body is stretched beyond limits you can't imagine, but unlike a Black Hole it won't kill you by ripping you part as you stretch so much you look more like just one long spaghetti noodle. You just reverse the process when coming through the portal in a new form.

October 27, 2015, 05:46:15 AM
Reply #20
  • bits
    View Inventory
SMACKS THE DESK!!!***

A WORMHOLE! Or as they are commonly called: a white hole. correct?

October 27, 2015, 10:33:51 AM
Reply #21
SMACKS THE DESK!!!***

GAH! Watch it, please!

A WORMHOLE! Or as they are commonly called: a white hole. correct?

Well anyway... it's certainly possible it has the traits of a wormhole/white hole. Though it's certainly a special case if so. I wouldn't think going through a wormhole would change you into an entirely different species. Though going through a real wormhole in space wouldn't really end up any different result for the person traveling then going through a black hole. The effect would likely still kill you. Just whatever... remains of you left would come out at the other side instead of being stuck in whatever is at the center of a black hole.

But maybe magic helps this portal to be survivable by letting our bodies be stretched but still live as if we're in some cartoon. Like those old funny cartoons with talking animals that would get flattened for comedy.

October 27, 2015, 04:34:12 PM
Reply #22
  • bits
    View Inventory
((lightbulb!))

If we could harness this magical energy and somehow integrate with wormholes within our cosmos... we could travel to who other worlds and maybe different times... couldn't we?

October 27, 2015, 06:18:16 PM
Reply #23
((lightbulb!))

If we could harness this magical energy and somehow integrate with wormholes within our cosmos... we could travel to who other worlds and maybe different times... couldn't we?

Maybe, but it'd still require a spaceship so many times faster then what we have right now.

Frankly if we even want to travel in time on any level we're better off asking the pony world's me since apparently she once temporarily traveled back one week in a time loop. Come to think of it, she also mentioned some sort of Time Loop when I first met her, I wonder what she was talking about...

Oh well, but anyway I think time travel magic is probably the safer route. Since the pony world's me seems just fine after having traveled to the past twice to my knowledge.

October 28, 2015, 06:11:20 AM
Reply #24
  • bits
    View Inventory
Yes, but we would need to be careful. Crossing into dimensions could be dangerous, especially in more negative dimensions. I'm sure you're familiar with black magic, correct?