Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Forum Replies  (Read 1061 times)

June 22, 2015, 08:21:37 PM
I have a suggestion
I would like to be able to stop following a board I have replied to

If this can already be done I wul like to know how

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

June 22, 2015, 10:15:54 PM
Reply #1
I believe there is a way to do this, I never get replies from boards I've posted or posted in so yeah. However I don't know exactly how...
Under the Modify Forum Profile list there is a Notifications section. Perhaps try finding something in there? I don't see anything that would trigger this on every thread but it's my best guess.

June 23, 2015, 08:35:54 AM
Reply #2
I believe there is a way to do this, I never get replies from boards I've posted or posted in so yeah. However I don't know exactly how...
Under the Modify Forum Profile list there is a Notifications section. Perhaps try finding something in there? I don't see anything that would trigger this on every thread but it's my best guess.

No, Notifications are separate -- that's a feature that sends email when something is posted to a thread you have asked for notifications on. (Or when a new thread is posted on a board you have notifications on for).

I think Snowy is talking about which threads show up in the Show new replies to your posts page. It contains all threads that you have ever posted in, and I haven't been able to find a way to remove a thread from it.

(This lack has made me very cautious about posting comments to threads where it unlikely that I will find the rest of the thread interesting).
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

June 23, 2015, 11:18:04 AM
Reply #3
that is exactlly what I am talking about, the thread has changed since I posted and I no longer wish to follow it

Snowy Flanks

June 23, 2015, 02:33:17 PM
Reply #4
I think Snowy is talking about which threads show up in the Show new replies to your posts page. It contains all threads that you have ever posted in, and I haven't been able to find a way to remove a thread from it.

This mod is exactly what are we looking for.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1193

I have tested the mod and works perfectly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:33:52 PM by Chillarmy »

June 23, 2015, 02:35:31 PM
Reply #5
Looks like it ignores both in the "unread replies" and the plain "unread" list?
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

June 23, 2015, 02:39:58 PM
Reply #6
Looks like it ignores both in the "unread replies" and the plain "unread" list?

Yup, default, if a topic is ignored from "unread replies", it will also ignored from "unread" list.
Manual code edit can allow "unread" list.