Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)  (Read 12550 times)

July 06, 2017, 09:30:17 PM
Reply #175
@SONICchaos

Parallel-world, calling it due to the CGI ship----altho if Dashie's model got better since the last trailer and you can go and change a entire film after the trailers (I think them changing the live action TMNT Shredder was a stupid badly rushed idea just because they did not like the feedback----can you look at things that had the worse feredback in history, but came and surprised everybody by how awesome it was?)---who knows.

Also Tempest (right?), main villain or not, will be bloody awesome to watch. Altho this Storm King and his only scene in the trailer, paints him as a villain that's not serious what-so-ever yet he's the big bad that got his own film level of an threat? Now, I never even knew there were comics that led up to this, but I'm pretty sure when we see him he'll be a big enough threat.

I mean, after all, he could be the reverse Zant. Starts out silly, but JESUS heel turn to Tirek!

July 07, 2017, 11:12:33 AM
Reply #176
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Oh no, I liked pretty much everything about the trailer but the CGI ship? Not quite as much.  :-[

Use your Ba'noodle on your... ba'loney!

August 01, 2017, 02:55:48 AM
Reply #177

August 02, 2017, 08:47:42 AM
Reply #178
i really hope we see alot of pinkie moments LOLOL

September 29, 2017, 06:16:39 PM
Reply #179
Went ahead and changed the title of this thread because this seems to be main one for discussion about the movie. And since the newest one hasnít been posted and SOMEHOW the one in June eluded me, hereís both of the trailers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQe_mZcyf8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQe_mZcyf8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNJOisDTYEg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNJOisDTYEg</a>
I believed in M.A. Larson before it was cool.

The user formerly known as Dinkleberg

I feel like talking about Gurren Lagann for no reason because fuck you

September 29, 2017, 07:38:00 PM
Reply #180
So you think we are going to get any reference from the 1986 from the 4th Wall breaker herself Pinkie Pie?

And do you realize both movies have one thing in common, they both have a Teen Titan in it. The first one had Robin, and this of course has Raven.

September 29, 2017, 08:46:45 PM
Reply #181
i totally wanna see pinkie talk to lauren faust some day

October 01, 2017, 10:38:17 AM
Reply #182
I have wisdom teeth surgery 3 days before it is released. I hope I'm at least well enough to go see it on the first day. If not oh well I'll be there full of pain meds.

October 02, 2017, 03:44:34 PM
Reply #183
I am so excited by this people think I am mocking them everything  I squee while hearing the trailer

Snowy Flanks

October 04, 2017, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #184

October 04, 2017, 10:58:36 AM
Reply #185
We're so close!

I don't have any job training on Friday, so I'm hoping I can go then. The less amount of time I have to go around online attempting to avoid spoilers the better. Though I've also been spoiled on many things, I mean I watched the fucking music video for Rainbow.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

October 06, 2017, 03:31:44 PM
Reply #186

October 06, 2017, 04:07:11 PM
Reply #187
My thoughts

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:28:41 PM by rarity82mlp »

October 07, 2017, 02:26:42 PM
Reply #188
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:28:12 PM by Snowy Flanks »

Snowy Flanks

October 07, 2017, 02:51:23 PM
Reply #189

If you want to follow me on Fimfiction, you can go to my account page here.

October 07, 2017, 03:48:41 PM
Reply #190
yep so that means best pony gets a stained glass window

Snowy Flanks

October 10, 2017, 09:01:05 PM
Reply #191
Well, I wanted to come back to post my review of the movie, and here goes nothing.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

October 17, 2017, 03:52:04 PM
Reply #192
-Standing backwards, Scoot.

October 21, 2017, 12:32:45 AM
Reply #193
Watched it at my local theater today. I loved it. good movie would recommend.
I post both cute pictures

awesome banner made by Salnalus
Check out my changeling fic http://www.fimfiction.net/story/331602/imprisonment-of-a-changeling

December 11, 2017, 02:16:24 AM
Reply #194
The digital release it out soon

January 10, 2018, 10:03:30 PM
Reply #195
I finally just watched this today. I liked it more than I expected to. I've heard a lot of people say it felt like a really long but otherwise ordinary villain-driven two-parter, but I got a different vibe from it entirely.

To me, especially as a DM, it felt like an adapted Dungeons & Dragons adventure. (D&D is a Hasbro property, after all). There's even an adventure in the current edition of the game called Storm King's Thunder. I'll admit I haven't read it yet, so this is technically just a hunch, but I feel like that story and this one probably bear some resemblances.

It would explain the out-of-place bipedal characters really well, not to mention the whole thing has a very D&D feel to it. Aarakocra, Tabaxi, Tritons. All the pieces are there.

Anyways, besides that, I really liked the animation. It was strange at first, but after I got used to it, it was really expressive and a lot more fluid, and I like that. It also really helped Tempest's cynicism come across as well. I could feel it just watching. Not to mention her threatening glances. I got chills more than once.

Overall, I really liked it. If it's true that they ripped off a D&D adventure, then I hope they rip off another one for the next MLP movie.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:04:26 PM by Queen Chrysalis »

January 11, 2018, 08:40:13 AM
Reply #196
I have been informed that no, the story of Storm King's Thunder does not match the MLP Movie. Well, there goes that theory.

I still like it though, and it does still feel like a D&D adventure adapted into a movie to me.

January 11, 2018, 09:27:47 AM
Reply #197
I finally just watched this today. I liked it more than I expected to. I've heard a lot of people say it felt like a really long but otherwise ordinary villain-driven two-parter, but I got a different vibe from it entirely.

To me, especially as a DM, it felt like an adapted Dungeons & Dragons adventure. (D&D is a Hasbro property, after all). There's even an adventure in the current edition of the game called Storm King's Thunder. I'll admit I haven't read it yet, so this is technically just a hunch, but I feel like that story and this one probably bear some resemblances.

It would explain the out-of-place bipedal characters really well, not to mention the whole thing has a very D&D feel to it. Aarakocra, Tabaxi, Tritons. All the pieces are there.

Anyways, besides that, I really liked the animation. It was strange at first, but after I got used to it, it was really expressive and a lot more fluid, and I like that. It also really helped Tempest's cynicism come across as well. I could feel it just watching. Not to mention her threatening glances. I got chills more than once.

Overall, I really liked it. If it's true that they ripped off a D&D adventure, then I hope they rip off another one for the next MLP movie.
Hmm. I had doubts because of the animation and the new characters. Would you say that it's worth getting on DVD?

January 11, 2018, 10:02:04 AM
Reply #198
Hmm. I had doubts because of the animation and the new characters. Would you say that it's worth getting on DVD?

The animation was strange at first, but it didn't take long to get used to it. And now watching through a second time, I really like it.

The new characters mostly do feel out of place still, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

January 11, 2018, 07:16:35 PM
Reply #199
The new characters mostly do feel out of place still, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

They do confirm that the Diamond Dogs were not rectoned out of canon. Because after S1, we seriously never saw another anthro character period until this film. No, Iron Will is a Minotaur and Tirek...Centaur right? They as of yet have no feral counterpart whereas we have seen dogs, cats and pretty of birds through these 7 seasons.

Why it took this long to do another anthro character(s) I'm not sure, but gives me hope the Diamond Dogs might return now. Their reaction to seeing Rarity and her's to them.  :P

I have yet to watch the film a 3rd time, but I will say the second viewing was a bit more boring and you ca feel the rushing in between most of the songs. We get a new character, song, and bam next are of story where it begins again. Actually, this is more of a problem with the cat.

The pirates and sea ponies had more lines and overall screen time, might be just me.  :-\ But overall if you don't like the songs, not going to be a fun movie. I kinda wish we could get a film without songs at all. EG4 had the fewest songs of any film, but again Timber utterly kills that one for me (long story short http://oi65.tinypic.com/o7sydc.jpg ).

EG2 is still, to me, the best of the films because it handled the songs in the perfect way to fit that story. Every other film seems to, what's the wo-not give enough time to breath. Again EG4 had less songs but Timber......well above link.   ::) I know this pony film is at most 2 hours I think, but they still could added more songs than story.

Now if the songs actually give more tot he story, like giving info really quickly while not rushing, it is completely fine. I suppose the real problem is they spent too much time on these new characters and gave very little to the overall story and the main villain that was so bad he NEEDED the film to show just how much of a threat he was. But nope! New characters, deal with it.  :P

I suppose the prequel comics are a good things, huh? They gave far more lore and character building than this film. I haven't read them so just guessing..Don't get me wrong, I like the film!  :-X I just feel like they tried to much at a time. Many cut this story into 2 films, but if we are getting these new characters in S8 I guess that was just not an option.

Suppose we'll see what S8 does with them. I sadly feel like this cat character could had been dropped and nothing would had been lost, but I know that is greatly unfair. I like the film, but it was also greatly disappointing at the same time. Equestria got bloody INVADED and that was barely the focus here. I guess those allies the show had built up for #= years are totally wasted just like the old castle ended up. Unless the Storm King's army isn't yet finished.................now there's an idea.  :-[