Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Salnalus' Moderator Position  (Read 3426 times)

January 25, 2015, 10:24:40 AM
Hi everyone,

A few days ago I was contacted by Salnalus (currently Rek'Sai) regarding his moderator position here, and he has requested to step down from the role, at least temporarily. I have honoured his request and removed him from the Staff, though he retains the ability to lock, move and pin the Chit Chat thread in Spam as this has always been his responsibility and he has asked if he can continue in this role. I've created a new membergroup - Chit Chat Archivist - for this post.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 25, 2015, 12:09:41 PM
Reply #1
It's sad to see him step down. He did a really good job covering Spam and areas I never went into!
Good luck to you Sal and take care. Thanks for all the hard work. :)

January 25, 2015, 03:05:45 PM
Reply #2
Yeah, there was no real problem with me being a Mod, but with the way I've been in the past few months, I can't say I'm well enough to hold the position. However, I am still able moderate threads in Spam, but mostly the Chit Chat thread as that is what I keep watch over. Not that bad things really happen there, but you never know.

I might come back as Moderator sometime later, but for now, I'm one of you guys.

[/spoiler]

January 25, 2015, 03:26:40 PM
Reply #3
I look forward to your return when the time comes

Snowy Flanks

January 25, 2015, 03:28:02 PM
Reply #4
Yeah, there was no real problem with me being a Mod, but with the way I've been in the past few months, I can't say I'm well enough to hold the position. However, I am still able moderate threads in Spam, but mostly the Chit Chat thread as that is what I keep watch over. Not that bad things really happen there, but you never know.

I might come back as Moderator sometime later, but for now, I'm one of you guys.

While there can't be any "replacing" and hopefully you'll be ready to take your position back when the time comes Sal.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 10/26/2017 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."

January 25, 2015, 03:50:35 PM
Reply #5
Take care, Sal. Your well being is more important than a moderator position.
My channel exclusive for ponies: http://www.youtube.com/user/PieDislikerSwag

Naturally. You dislike pie, so you must prefer cake.

I dislike cake, and thus prefer pie.

We were destined to be enemies. Unfortunately for you, I'm technically immortal.

January 25, 2015, 04:52:09 PM
Reply #6
Well, guess we should all thanks Sal for all his hard work in the spam thread. To him, and to all the mod staff.
Keep up the good job guys!
Avatar pic provided by bumbrwby12 on twitter.
Sign Image provided by Andrew's Miitopia playthrough.

January 25, 2015, 05:49:47 PM
Reply #7
Thanks for your service, Sal. *hugs*
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

January 25, 2015, 07:13:02 PM
Reply #8

January 26, 2015, 10:09:57 PM
Reply #9
Thanks for all the work you've done in the spam threads, Sal.

[/spoiler][/center]

January 29, 2015, 09:29:25 AM
Reply #10
Thanks for all you done and hope you return soon. ^^

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

January 29, 2015, 10:47:23 AM
Reply #11
Thanks for all you done and hope you return soon. ^^

I don't think he's leaving. :P
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

January 29, 2015, 10:53:28 AM
Reply #12
I anticipate who's going to be a new mod.  It's like a mystery, like who's going to be the new hand of the king.

January 29, 2015, 11:45:51 AM
Reply #13

[/spoiler]

January 29, 2015, 01:42:49 PM
Reply #14
I anticipate who's going to be a new mod.  It's like a mystery, like who's going to be the new hand of the king.

It's going to be Joffrey Baratheon. We have torn him from the pages of fictional space just to mod here and bring his well developed wisdom and compassion to EQF.

January 29, 2015, 01:57:52 PM
Reply #15
It's going to be Joffrey Baratheon. We have torn him from the pages of fictional space just to mod here and bring his well developed wisdom and compassion to EQF.

Much as it pains me, I have to object! Mr. Baratheon is entirely too impulsive and easily distracted to make a good moderator. I urge TPTB to consider Ramsay Bolton instead. He is more methodical and patient, and won't as readily lose sight of his overall objectives.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

January 29, 2015, 01:59:35 PM
Reply #16
Well, good to know I'll be replaced so easily without much thought as to what'll happen to me. :monster:

[/spoiler]

January 29, 2015, 02:16:45 PM
Reply #17
Much as it pains me, I have to object! Mr. Baratheon is entirely too impulsive and easily distracted to make a good moderator. I urge TPTB to consider Ramsay Bolton instead. He is more methodical and patient, and won't as readily lose sight of his overall objectives.
Objection!  Your Honor, I hold in my hand evidence that Mr. Bolton not only helped betray one Robb Stark but also kidnapped and tortured a Stark ward.  Mr. Bolton lacks the ethics needed for this royal position.
Well, good to know I'll be replaced so easily without much thought as to what'll happen to me. :monster:
Who are you again?

January 29, 2015, 02:28:43 PM
Reply #18
If Joffrey would join this forum my heart would implode from happiness. He is so amazing.

To love another person is to see the face of God

January 29, 2015, 02:35:36 PM
Reply #19

[/spoiler]

January 29, 2015, 02:38:22 PM
Reply #20

You're still going to stay around, aren't you?

Objection!  Your Honor, I hold in my hand evidence that Mr. Bolton not only helped betray one Robb Stark but also kidnapped and tortured a Stark ward.  Mr. Bolton lacks the ethics needed for this royal position.

Those are excellent examples of Mr. Bolton's proven track record in effective decisionmaking and ability to commandeer respect for his authority. Conversely, Mr. Baratheon's only track record is in being more of a danger to his sycophants and allies than to his enemies, a quality that inspires dissent and mutiny rather than respect and obedience.
OC descriptions here

January 29, 2015, 02:46:37 PM
Reply #21
You're still going to stay around, aren't you?

Of course, my dear encyclopedia! Why would I leave? I have many friends, I'm a staple of the forum, and you guys look up to me (at least that's what I keep telling myself... my dreams are stupid).

[/spoiler]

January 29, 2015, 03:14:40 PM
Reply #22
Those are excellent examples of Mr. Bolton's proven track record in effective decisionmaking and ability to commandeer respect for his authority. Conversely, Mr. Baratheon's only track record is in being more of a danger to his sycophants and allies than to his enemies, a quality that inspires dissent and mutiny rather than respect and obedience.
Objection, violence doesn't not commandeer respect which I will now prove to you all by pulling out this .35 and killing every single person here.  None of you will respect me for this.

January 29, 2015, 05:05:41 PM
Reply #23

Do we need Joffrey to rule us? Next thing you know, he's gonna kill the whole mod squad, dethrone The Derpy One, sit on the Pony Throne and choke on how good of an admin he is!
Avatar pic provided by bumbrwby12 on twitter.
Sign Image provided by Andrew's Miitopia playthrough.

January 29, 2015, 05:30:57 PM
Reply #24
Of course, my dear encyclopedia! Why would I leave? I have many friends, I'm a staple of the forum, and you guys look up to me (at least that's what I keep telling myself... my dreams are stupid).

Mais certainement, mon ami.
OC descriptions here