Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Quick warning and update  (Read 1634 times)

January 25, 2015, 12:09:14 AM
Okay so I wanted to make a post about stuff that's been going on in my life and other things but... I have to give a warning first.... the forum might go down in the next day or two.  The reason is because I wanted to pay for another year for the domain name (the equestriaforums.com part) as a surprise to Derpy One and everyone... but I had to transfer it to namecheap because godaddy kept trying to charge me extra for functions I didn't want.  I removed most of them but I literally had to sign into another separate service to remove the privacy setting.  Now, when you originally sign up with godaddy, they let you have that for free for a year, then after that they charge you... with apparently no way to remove it except going through another service  ::)  I went through said service, followed the instructions on how to remove it... and they still were trying to charge me for it  :P  I gave up at that point and just transferred to another place...

I don't know if the domain will transfer with all the settings and addresses correctly (they're set correctly but you never know how these things will go), so there's a chance the forum might have some downtime.  But when it comes back it's paid for for another year.   :monster:

So sorry to spring that on everyone so quickly  :-[  Hopefully it all just goes nicely and if there is downtime, it's very minimal. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:10:27 AM by Dashell »

January 25, 2015, 12:13:57 AM
Reply #1
I am alright with this and thanks for the present

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 25, 2015, 01:40:01 PM
Reply #2
Heh, despite the possible downtime I'm sure Derpy One Appreciates it, as do I. Thanks for the heads up!

January 25, 2015, 01:51:02 PM
Reply #3
It's better to be told about any possible forum downtime ahead of time so we can prepare accordingly.

Thanks for the heads-up Dashell; and the present too.
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 10/26/2017 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."

January 25, 2015, 03:00:36 PM
Reply #4
I see... at the time I no longer have access to Skype. :(

Thanks for the heads up though.

[/spoiler]

January 25, 2015, 03:51:40 PM
Reply #5
Thanks for the warning!
My channel exclusive for ponies: http://www.youtube.com/user/PieDislikerSwag

Naturally. You dislike pie, so you must prefer cake.

I dislike cake, and thus prefer pie.

We were destined to be enemies. Unfortunately for you, I'm technically immortal.

January 25, 2015, 04:54:21 PM
Reply #6
Thanks for the warning Das! You did a very kind thing, let me tell you this much.

January 25, 2015, 05:20:29 PM
Reply #7
Thanks for letting us know, Dashell!
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]