Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Poll

Who writes the most interesting episode reviews?

PiratePony
7 (58.3%)
Felix Hawthorne
1 (8.3%)
Northern Verve
2 (16.7%)
PirateCat
0 (0%)
Henning Makholm
1 (8.3%)
Montag
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: EqF Awards - Best Episode Reviewer  (Read 1744 times)

December 26, 2014, 06:37:11 PM
Here are the nominees for this award. Voting is open till January first.
To love another person is to see the face of God

January 01, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
Reply #1
Nobody made any posts, and I can't see the votes anywhere...  But apparently I won, and Mega Charizard Y at least voted for/nominated me, so...  Thanks guys. :)

January 01, 2015, 05:51:55 PM
Reply #2
Hmm, apparently Wendy set up the poll so members who didn't vote can't see the result, even after voting closed. I hope his was by mistake (or software glitch) so I'm not breaking any confidence by copying the vote counts here:

PiratePony: 7
Felix Hawthorne: 1
Northern Verve: 2
PirateCat: 0
Henning Makholm: 1
Montag: 1
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

January 01, 2015, 06:23:18 PM
Reply #3
Thanks Henning! c:

Also love your sig text ahaha.
To love another person is to see the face of God

January 02, 2015, 08:47:51 PM
Reply #4
Hmm, apparently Wendy set up the poll so members who didn't vote can't see the result, even after voting closed. I hope his was by mistake (or software glitch) so I'm not breaking any confidence by copying the vote counts here:

PiratePony: 7
Felix Hawthorne: 1
Northern Verve: 2
PirateCat: 0
Henning Makholm: 1
Montag: 1
Whoa...  I got a wooping 7 votes!  I feel so flattered...  Especially since everyone else only got 1 or 2 votes.  Poor PirateCat didn't get any, though...

January 02, 2015, 09:26:13 PM
Reply #5
Whoa...  I got a wooping 7 votes!  I feel so flattered...  Especially since everyone else only got 1 or 2 votes.  Poor PirateCat didn't get any, though...

Perhaps that nomination came from someone who misremembered which pirate was who.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

January 03, 2015, 11:56:28 PM
Reply #6
Oh, I don't know, I think he gives decent reviews...  Rarely does he have that much good to say about a given episode, though I still respect him for sticking to his opinions, and at least I can see where he's coming from.

March 17, 2015, 07:38:28 AM
Reply #7
I really like the mare in the moon part 1 and 2! xxx but then i love Luna and Tia and all the allicorns! :tiafreaked :tiayeah :tialovey :tialaugh :tiaheart :lunas1love :woona :lunamischevious :pcsweetsmile :pcsmile :pcinsincere :pcinnocent

March 17, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
Reply #8
I really like the mare in the moon part 1 and 2! xxx but then i love Luna and Tia and all the allicorns! :tiafreaked :tiayeah :tialovey :tialaugh :tiaheart :lunas1love :woona :lunamischevious :pcsweetsmile :pcsmile :pcinsincere :pcinnocent

Hey friend. Just to let you know this was a topic for discussion on voting for best episode reviewer and not for commentary on the episodes themselves. The voting is now closed and the results in but if you want to congratulate the winner you are still able to which is why the topic is still open.

Please remember to read topic subjects in future so you aren't off topic.  ;)

March 21, 2015, 11:56:06 PM
Reply #9
Perhaps that nomination came from someone who misremembered which pirate was who.

That was my guess as well.

Oh, I don't know, I think he gives decent reviews...  Rarely does he have that much good to say about a given episode, though I still respect him for sticking to his opinions, and at least I can see where he's coming from.

Well, I do thank you. As to the rarely anything decent, it's the same thing about everything else. The bad is what motivates most to get off their asses and comment. Plus, I like the show, and so the good is good, but the bad makes it less than I would like it to be.

And I'm commenting on something from the beginning of January. Shows just how long it's been since I've been here.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb