Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: The Clubhouse (Sports Discussion Topic)  (Read 18833 times)

November 09, 2014, 07:50:21 PM
The Clubhouse

The Clubhouse is a discussion thread for sports in general. Any sport; whether it be America football, or baseball. Football/soccer or ice hockey. Even sports like golf and NASCAR are game as well as the alternative sports like skateboarding and snowboarding.

Feel free to have engaging discussions about sports; just make sure we all keep arguments to a minimum. Would like nice healthy debating.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:51:00 PM by Miles "Tails" Prower »
| 3DS FC: 4055-4094-4151 | Living Pokédex COMPLETED: 10/26/2017 |
| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

"Smarter than the average Lisa."

November 09, 2014, 07:52:32 PM
Reply #1
I am still not sure how the hell the Jets beat the Steelers.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 09, 2014, 07:55:11 PM
Reply #2

Big Ben's hot streak had to cool off sometime.

Anyways...it's been a bad past two years for Eli Manning.

| Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons and Pokémon Junkie | Graduate of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania -- Class of 2016 |

November 09, 2014, 07:58:24 PM
Reply #3
And yet he's going to coast on those two Super Bowl rings for the rest of his life, because NFL logic.

November 09, 2014, 08:00:00 PM
Reply #4
I was so disappointed with the Bills' loss to the Chiefs. They had control in the first three quarters and blew it. The two fumbles and bad choices (they should've kicked a field goal on a 4th and 10 but went for it) screwed them. Hope they bounce back against the Dolphins next week. I haven't seen the Bills perform this well late in the season ever (I've been watching for the past... five years, I think?)

Props to the Jets for beating the hottest team in the NFL, btw. Just imagine if they finish with an 8-8 record.  :monster:
My channel exclusive for ponies: http://www.youtube.com/user/PieDislikerSwag

Naturally. You dislike pie, so you must prefer cake.

I dislike cake, and thus prefer pie.

We were destined to be enemies. Unfortunately for you, I'm technically immortal.

November 09, 2014, 08:00:40 PM
Reply #5
And yet he's going to coast on those two Super Bowl rings for the rest of his life, because NFL logic.

Eli needs to learn a thing or two about beating Seattle. Then again, Peyton does too.

November 09, 2014, 08:02:48 PM
Reply #6

Make that three, cause the Giants will make the playoffs with a 9-7 record and win the superbowl again in 2015-2016. Like they always do. Every 4 years, it's a tradition in the making.  :monster:

We were destined to be enemies. Unfortunately for you, I'm technically immortal.

November 09, 2014, 08:07:28 PM
Reply #7
Make that three, cause the Giants will make the playoffs with a 9-7 record and win the superbowl again in 2015-2016. Like they always do. Every 4 years, it's a tradition in the making.  :monster:
And against the Patriots, with most of the focus being "can Brady FINALLY win another ring?"

November 09, 2014, 08:39:16 PM
Reply #8
Lions are doing amazing this year. They've had to do some pretty stunning comebacks. It's a shame they can't really get their act together the entire game as if they played every game the entire way through like it was the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Then they'd literally be looking like one of, if not the best Football team of the year. The Lions just seem to be a consistent Offense away from being a real threat in the future. But they seem to be winning games that they normally wouldn't. And sometimes, a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

The next two games however are going to test just how far the Lions have come and may show just where the Lions stand this year. They're against the 8-1 Cardinals next week, and then the Patriots the week after who have been on a hot streak.

November 09, 2014, 09:57:51 PM
Reply #9
"Hey, I haven't seen any of the Chicago/Green Bay game. Maybe I should watch it."
*7 to 45 score*
"lol nevermind"

November 09, 2014, 09:58:43 PM
Reply #10
"Hey, I haven't seen any of the Chicago/Green Bay game. Maybe I should watch it."
*7 to 45 score*
"lol nevermind"

The NFL hasn't had a good track record with competitive night games this season.

November 09, 2014, 09:59:20 PM
Reply #11
The NFL hasn't had a good track record with competitive night games this season.
Which is freaking weird. Most Sunday night games get that slot for a good reason. But not this year.

In other news, I'm really curious about this Eagles game tomorrow. They will likely win it, but it's the first real test for Mark Sanchez as our starter. I'm a believer that a head coach can really impact how you play(see Alex Smith before and after Hardbaugh came into San Francisco) so we'll have to see.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:12:59 PM by Felix Hawthorne »

November 10, 2014, 12:09:04 AM
Reply #12
The Packers seriously kicked Chicago's ass last night!

Sorry, just had to get that out of the way.

"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

November 10, 2014, 01:00:43 AM
Reply #13
The Dallas Stars are killing me this season - seven losses in a row?!
Ask me anything!

Skype: sinceritystar | AIM: xcatxstarx | PSN: Atiqua | XBL: Aviendra

November 10, 2014, 01:01:32 AM
Reply #14
The Dallas Stars are killing me this season - seven losses in a row?!
:-X

November 10, 2014, 07:20:18 AM
Reply #15
Speaking of the NHL... Being a Red Wings fan these days have made me absolutely HATE the Shootout. I keep praying if a game goes to extra time the Wings end it in OT or even the other team does (So that at least they actually won it fair and square...). Cause the Red Wings almost NEVER win a Shootout. I'd actually rather have the Tie system from before the Shootout was implemented. I don't understand why we basically have a basic skills competition of a few players determining which team gets the 2nd point.

November 10, 2014, 09:21:29 AM
Reply #16
Speaking of the NHL... Being a Red Wings fan these days have made me absolutely HATE the Shootout. I keep praying if a game goes to extra time the Wings end it in OT or even the other team does (So that at least they actually won it fair and square...). Cause the Red Wings almost NEVER win a Shootout. I'd actually rather have the Tie system from before the Shootout was implemented. I don't understand why we basically have a basic skills competition of a few players determining which team gets the 2nd point.
Practically, I'm not the biggest fan of the shootout either, but I always find myself excited and on my feet for it.

For a little while there, the Stars would at least lose in overtime. Now they're just pissing away leads in the third period. Seguin had a hat trick the other night, Stars were up 3-1 at the beginning of the third. Ended up losing 5-3. What kind of shit is that? The kind of shit that happens when Daley and Goligoski is your top defensive pair, I guess.
Ask me anything!

Skype: sinceritystar | AIM: xcatxstarx | PSN: Atiqua | XBL: Aviendra

November 10, 2014, 12:15:22 PM
Reply #17

You don't know how happy I was to see this, because this puts the Bengals in second for the AFC North, although if the bengals keep playing like they have this could turn out to be a very bad season. Andy Dalton really needs to step it up even though they just renewed his contract...
"The answer, always, is the Wolves of Fenris, because they are clinically insane."
-Lunar Wolves Captain Torgaddon on the subject of the toughest Space Marine Legion.

"Bribery and threats are always popular, but generally avoided, especially if you're likely to attract inquisitorial attention as they're better at both and tend to resent other people resorting to their methods."
-Commissar Ciaphas Cain on winning over Tribunals.

I've been brainwashed so many times there is nothing left in here but soap suds

November 10, 2014, 08:50:28 PM
Reply #18
Man oh man, Philly's crushing it against the Panthers.

November 10, 2014, 08:52:49 PM
Reply #19
Man oh man, Philly's crushing it against the Panthers.

Gah, I hate it when the Eagles win. I was honestly expecting Carolina to put up a fight, but no...

November 13, 2014, 10:30:14 PM
Reply #20
Welp, looks like Buffalo's out of a shot for the postseason. With Denver and New England still in their schedule, they'll be lucky if they finish 8-8. Time for my football season to end and basketball season to start.

November 13, 2014, 10:32:40 PM
Reply #21
Welp, looks like Buffalo's out of a shot for the postseason. With Denver and New England still in their schedule, they'll be lucky if they finish 8-8. Time for my football season to end and basketball season to start.
I have high hopes for Philly. They're still 7-2 despite some iffy spots(I'm really concerned about Foles, I hope he still has it) but the Green Bay and Dallas games will be telling. Not the Seattle game, the Seahawks have shown how beatable they are this season. But...I don't know. I WANT this to be our year, but I'm not sold on them being a great playoff team.

November 13, 2014, 10:40:28 PM
Reply #22
The Lions are in their own testing grounds with the current #1 Seed Cardinals coming up, and the Patriots the next week. If they can even at least compete well with both teams and maybe at least win one of the two. Then I think the Lions have a shot of making noise in the Playoffs.

Cause considering how the Bears are doing (Allowing 50+ points in two games straight, not even the 0-16 Lions went that low). For once, a Lions win on Thanksgiving might actually be assured.

November 13, 2014, 11:10:50 PM
Reply #23
I have high hopes for Philly. They're still 7-2 despite some iffy spots(I'm really concerned about Foles, I hope he still has it) but the Green Bay and Dallas games will be telling. Not the Seattle game, the Seahawks have shown how beatable they are this season. But...I don't know. I WANT this to be our year, but I'm not sold on them being a great playoff team.

Meh, from the outside looking in, at least they are a playoff team. Though one of those NFC teams will end up not making the playoffs, and I'm not sure who.

Though I'm starting to think we'll have a 10-6 team in the AFC not make the playoffs. Denver, Patriots, and Colts are all pretty solidified. Then there's Cleveland, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Miami, and Baltimore that all have a shot and look pretty solid. That's not including San Diego and Cincinnati, who still have winning records.

November 16, 2014, 06:22:57 PM
Reply #24
Dang, tough loss for the Lions to the Cardinals. Definitely means the Lions need some work on Offense in order to truly be one of the Top Teams of the NFL. But anyway, it's not going to get too much easier with next week's game against the Patriots.