Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Another User's Comment Showed Up as Me  (Read 983 times)

October 19, 2014, 01:06:22 AM
I posted a thread in Creativity, and a user called Sport both posted there and sent me a PM. Yet his post showed up as if I had made it. From what I can tell, it's like I posted it; I can even modify the post. I guess it goes without saying that I didn't make that post, but I have no clue how it happened either. This user has no history on the site other than he exists and made an account; his post count is even zero. It just seems very odd to me that I'd make a thread, posting a poem, and a user with no record would post a comment at all, much less one that showed up as me. Has this ever happened before? Did he hijack my account somehow?

*edit* I'm not exactly sure what to do about this. I can modify the post, so I guess I can "delete" what he said.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:09:33 AM by Grim Noire »
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 19, 2014, 02:14:17 PM
Reply #1
Uhm, don't delete it, it's noted that it happened and it's an interesting example of an interesting bug.

I don't really know how the forum's "system" works so all I can think of is this Sport person has like, maybe an identical user id or something?
Could you PM them to post in this thread? I can't seem to find the user, unless the name is sporty.

October 19, 2014, 02:16:03 PM
Reply #2
This is indeed very bizarre... your IP address is identical and everything. I've never seen anything like this before and I can't imagine what it could be... you say that they sent you a PM? On the PM, did it look as if the message was from you, or could you see who this "Sport" member is? Can you either forward their PM (or post a screenshot of it), or link to this person's profile if you have it?

October 19, 2014, 03:29:39 PM
Reply #3
In the thread itself, the user did sign their post as "sporty", so it's safe to assume it's the same sporty who signed up on the 11th. Apparently they were last online at around 5 am pacific time.

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,19052.msg1264345.html#msg1264345
http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php?action=profile;u=17945

Seems like a forum glitch, but I don't know. I guess next time this sporty is online we can have them post again and see if it does the same thing.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]