Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Ask Lemon and Turnip  (Read 2761 times)

October 27, 2015, 05:12:25 PM
Reply #25
What do you think about the Elements of Harmony?
(Is there a particular story you wanted?)

The Elements of Harmony? They used to be in the papers all the time saving Equestria from this magical calamity and that. It was entertaining enough to read about, though I usually leave worrying about magical artifacts to the unicorns. Rocks, you know what that is. And, well, I'm not accusing the papers of lying, but I always seem to be in the field when Equestria needs saving, so I only find out there was a crisis after I get back to civilization.

That's because you're in the field most of the time in general, dear.

Well, yes. Except for right now when I'm in a wheelchair nursing a broken leg.

((No particular ideas prepared on short notice, no.))
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

October 27, 2015, 05:16:16 PM
Reply #26
The Elements of Harmony? They used to be in the papers all the time saving Equestria from this magical calamity and that. It was entertaining enough to read about, though I usually leave worrying about magical artifacts to the unicorns. Rocks, you know what that is. And, well, I'm not accusing the papers of lying, but I always seem to be in the field when Equestria needs saving, so I only find out there was a crisis after I get back to civilization.

That's because you're in the field most of the time in general, dear.

Well, yes. Except for right now when I'm in a wheelchair nursing a broken leg.

((No particular ideas prepared on short notice, no.))

How did you break your leg?

(Did you get my messages?)
"if all the stars in the sky are my enemy,
May they know that they are still not worthy opponents."

October 28, 2015, 09:50:40 AM
Reply #27
How did you break your leg?

Well, I was out doing a survey of the Galloping Gorges system when I was got caught in a rockslide. Managed to dodge most of them, but eventually there was a cliff wall where I needed to jump.

She walked twenty miles back to Ponyville to get it treated. On three legs!

What else would I do? Of course, if I had been thinking clearer I could have gone back to my camp and found a map I could follow to Ramcolt, that would only have been ten or fifteen miles. But that only occurred to me after I'd gotten too far to turn around.

OC descriptions here

October 28, 2015, 07:01:10 PM
Reply #28
Chilled walks in, sporting a Celestian Royal Guard badge.
"I hear a Turnip lives in this area?"

October 29, 2015, 11:00:50 AM
Reply #29
The unicorn behind the receptionist desk looks up at him from her papers.

Yes, this is Dr. Turnip Clopwell's clinic. Do you wish to make an appointment?
OC descriptions here

October 29, 2015, 11:22:34 AM
Reply #30
The unicorn behind the receptionist desk looks up at him from her papers.

Yes, this is Dr. Turnip Clopwell's clinic. Do you wish to make an appointment?
(That last name....)
Chilled walks up to the desk, "Sir Clopwell, as a member of the Royal Guard I must inform you that you have been labeled a suspect to an act of treason within the state, if you could come with me peacefully."
Chilled then stands back a little, awaiting Turnip's response.

October 29, 2015, 11:38:22 AM
Reply #31
The receptionist regards him coolly.

My name is Ms. Slot. Doctor Clopwell is with a patient right now. Do you want to wait?
OC descriptions here

October 29, 2015, 11:44:47 AM
Reply #32
The receptionist regards him coolly.

My name is Ms. Slot. Doctor Clopwell is with a patient right now. Do you want to wait?

Chilled takes off his glasses as if actually looking for the first time, "Oh, sorry, yes, I can wait. I apologize for the mistake."

October 29, 2015, 02:08:32 PM
Reply #33
Let's see -- we have a cancellation today, so you should be able to see Dr. Clopwell in, hm, about ten minutes or so. Which name may I put down?
OC descriptions here

October 29, 2015, 02:49:41 PM
Reply #34
Let's see -- we have a cancellation today, so you should be able to see Dr. Clopwell in, hm, about ten minutes or so. Which name may I put down?

Flustered, Chilled realizes how stupid this is, but resigns due to the nature of his job. "Chilled. And I will be in the moment he is open to talk."

October 29, 2015, 03:31:41 PM
Reply #35
Very well, have a seat then.

She's about to turn her attention back to the papers she was going through, but then looks up again.

By the way, I should hope that when the actual Royal Guard goes out to arrest somepony bombastically, they'll do so based on enough information to at least know which colors and race their suspect is.
OC descriptions here

October 29, 2015, 03:59:41 PM
Reply #36
Very well, have a seat then.

She's about to turn her attention back to the papers she was going through, but then looks up again.

By the way, I should hope that when the actual Royal Guard goes out to arrest somepony bombastically, they'll do so based on enough information to at least know which colors and race their suspect is.

(Both me and Chilled thought they were talking to Turnip.)
"It's not like there's a place to look for that information easily mam, I was sent here by my Seargant with a name just an hour ago, I apologize for the mistake but have some respect."

November 04, 2015, 03:45:15 PM
Reply #37
Well, given that Dr. Clopwell is no criminal -- which I happen to know, though it may still be for you to learn -- we might perhaps agree that a bit of respect from all sides would be appropriate here.

She looks down at her papers.

There's a pony with a sore hoof and one with a broken horseshoe coming in after you. I hope they will find a farrier present to treat them.

The door to the forge opens and an earth mare comes out and goes over to the reception desk.
I'm supposed to get an appointment for a checkover in about a week.

Certainly, Miss Harvest.
Mr. Chilled, you can go in now.
Would next Thursday at the same time fit?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:41:27 PM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here

November 05, 2015, 11:35:36 AM
Reply #38
Well, given that Dr. Clopwell is no criminal -- which I happen to know, though it may still be for you to learn -- we might perhaps agree that a bit of respect from all sides would be appropriate here.

She looks down at her papers.

There's a pony with a sore hoof and one with a broken horseshoe coming in after you. I hope they will find a farrier present to treat them.

The door to the forge opens and an earth mare comes out and goes over to the reception desk.
I'm supposed to get an appointment for a checkover in about a week.

Certainly, Miss Harvest.
Mr. Chilled, you can go in now.
Would next Thursday at the same time fit?

Chilled silently walks past the mare and into the office. "Hello, Mr. Turnip, I need to speak with you."

November 05, 2015, 12:06:27 PM
Reply #39
One moment ...

Standing at his work table, Turnip finishes writing a notation in the last patient's file. He closes the file and turns to the newcomer, eyes instinctively seeking his hooves.

Done. And what can I do for you, Mr...?
OC descriptions here

November 05, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
Reply #40
One moment ...

Standing at his work table, Turnip finishes writing a notation in the last patient's file. He closes the file and turns to the newcomer, eyes instinctively seeking his hooves.

Done. And what can I do for you, Mr...?

"Chilled, I'm with the Royal Guard." Chilled pulled out his badge, Celestia's seal stamped across it.

November 05, 2015, 01:11:31 PM
Reply #41
He glances at it.

Pleasure.

I should warn you that I don't have a provider agreement with the Guard, so I can't bill the Quartermaster's Office directly. If you're not in a hurry, you can avoid the hassle and outlay by going to Dr. Hoofhammer up the hill instead --
OC descriptions here

November 05, 2015, 01:23:29 PM
Reply #42
He glances at it.

Pleasure.

I should warn you that I don't have a provider agreement with the Guard, so I can't bill the Quartermaster's Office directly. If you're not in a hurry, you can avoid the hassle and outlay by going to Dr. Hoofhammer up the hill instead --

"Your suspected of treason, I'm afraid you'll be joining me in my office today. I'll be honest, you don't seem like a bad man, but all information and evidence must be anylyzed, I would prefer we keep this as civil and clean as possible and hopefully we can all be home and back to out posts as soon as possible."
Chilled looked remarkably... chill, considering the curcumstances.

November 05, 2015, 01:29:14 PM
Reply #43
Turnip looked confused.

Wait, I'm suspected of what?
OC descriptions here

November 05, 2015, 01:43:57 PM
Reply #44
Turnip looked confused.

Wait, I'm suspected of what?

"Of being involved in a crime of treason, it was a large heist, in which multiple Guardsman were.... put to rest."

November 05, 2015, 01:58:18 PM
Reply #45
Turnip frowned, still confused.

Um ... you sure you got the right guy?

He put hooves to his temples and massaged gently.

Anyway, this sounds dramatic enough that I'd better go and get it cleared up. Do you have any estimate of how long it will take?
OC descriptions here

November 05, 2015, 02:42:27 PM
Reply #46
Turnip frowned, still confused.

Um ... you sure you got the right guy?

He put hooves to his temples and massaged gently.

Anyway, this sounds dramatic enough that I'd better go and get it cleared up. Do you have any estimate of how long it will take?
"It has to do with certain gangs. And it should take about four hours at most, including transportation."

November 05, 2015, 02:54:59 PM
Reply #47
I see.
He thought for a bit.
Okay, then.

He went out to the waiting room, expecting the guardspony to follow.
Slot, I'll have to go with this gentlecolt. Call Trotforth and Hoofhammer -- in that order! -- and hear if they can take over my acute appointments for the afternoon. The checkups you'll just have to reschedule for later, my deep apologies and so forth. Oh, and tell Lemon I may not be home for dinner, but if I'm still missing by morning go to the Guard for an explanation.

The receptionist sniffed disapprovingly.
Hrm. Very well, Doctor.
Her eyes shot daggers at Chilled.

((Hmm, I see now, not much of a color difference there ...))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:24:05 PM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here

November 11, 2015, 12:55:11 AM
Reply #48
I see.
He thought for a bit.
Okay, then.

He went out to the waiting room, expecting the guardspony to follow.
Slot, I'll have to go with this gentlecolt. Call Trotforth and Hoofhammer -- in that order! -- and hear if they can take over my acute appointments for the afternoon. The checkups you'll just have to reschedule for later, my deep apologies and so forth. Oh, and tell Lemon I may not be home for dinner, but if I'm still missing by morning go to the Guard for an explanation.

The receptionist sniffed disapprovingly.
Hrm. Very well, Doctor.
Her eyes shot daggers at Chilled.

((Hmm, I see now, not much of a color difference there ...))

"Sir, I'm sure you'll be back for dinner." Chilled comment before leading the way to the Carriage.

"Come on, the rest of the guard are waiting."

November 11, 2015, 02:03:42 PM
Reply #49
So you say, but I'm running a business with a waiting room in it, and I know how it works.

Turnip followed Chilled outside.
OC descriptions here