Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x22 - Trade Ya!  (Read 7510 times)

March 12, 2014, 10:33:55 AM
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/season-4-episode-19-trade-ya.html

When the trip to the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange doesn't go as planned, the girls learn just how valuable their friendship really is.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:13:49 AM by The Derpy One »

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 12, 2014, 10:36:09 AM
Reply #1
Hmmm you know this kinda sounds like Needful Things.  :P  That's a Steven King book by the way.  :monster:

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

March 12, 2014, 04:11:32 PM
Reply #2
Sounds like an ensemble episode. Perhaps this is where the rainbow trinkets will start to do things? Except that there doesn't seem to be time for Twilight to get one, but it's possible that hers will be the effect of activating the other ones, like it was with the Elements.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

March 12, 2014, 07:35:22 PM
Reply #3
I writer has been revealed to be Scott Sonneborn, this is not a bad thing

Snowy Flanks

March 12, 2014, 07:37:56 PM
Reply #4

March 14, 2014, 02:15:13 PM
Reply #5
Didn't the mane 6 already have their friendship tested, like, 3 times?  And in far more extreme situations?

Unless this somehow connects to the key episodes and the locked chest, I don't really see how this is going to be all that big of a deal.

Also, PRETTY sure this is episode 19.

...Wait, the guy who wrote Somepony to Watch Over Me is writing this?  Now I KNOW it's going to suck.

March 14, 2014, 02:52:12 PM
Reply #6
Also, PRETTY sure this is episode 19.

The one that's airing tomorow is 18, and "Trade Ya" is announced to air April 19.

Are you really suggesting there will be a month-long break in the season after tomorrow?
OC descriptions here

March 14, 2014, 02:52:58 PM
Reply #7
The one that's airing tomorow is 18, and "Trade Ya" is announced to air April 19.

Are you really suggesting there will be a month-long break in the season after tomorrow?
No, I'm suggesting that they're airing the episodes out of order.  They did that in season 2 and 3.

March 14, 2014, 02:54:00 PM
Reply #8
No, I'm suggesting that they're airing the episodes out of order.  They did that in season 2 and 3.

What I'm saying is that whatever order they air the episodes in is THE order.
OC descriptions here

March 14, 2014, 03:29:14 PM
Reply #9
What I'm saying is that whatever order they air the episodes in is THE order.
According to Zap2it after maud Pie comes sweetie Belle toils which would make that episode 19

Snowy Flanks

March 18, 2014, 02:02:41 AM
Reply #10
It airs on my birthday. That is fabulous.

Sounds like an ensemble episode. Perhaps this is where the rainbow trinkets will start to do things? Except that there doesn't seem to be time for Twilight to get one, but it's possible that hers will be the effect of activating the other ones, like it was with the Elements.

I'm still guessing that Twilight gets her key in the finale. I think this episode might have something to do with them, though.
I can't make signatures.
No seriously I'm not good at it.
Like am I supposed to shove fanart in here or something.

March 27, 2014, 04:30:08 PM
Reply #11
From Press Release

April 19 – “Trade Ya”: Spike and the Mane 6 are headed to the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange to find items they treasure. But when things don’t go exactly as planned, the girls learn that nothing is more valuable than their friendship.

Gift of the magi plot anypony?

Snowy Flanks

March 27, 2014, 05:02:38 PM
Reply #12
From Press Release

April 19 – “Trade Ya”: Spike and the Mane 6 are headed to the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange to find items they treasure. But when things don’t go exactly as planned, the girls learn that nothing is more valuable than their friendship.

"Find items they treasure"?  What does that even mean?  Also, I didn't even consider a "Gift of the Magi" plot, but that could work.

March 29, 2014, 05:54:50 PM
Reply #13
With the focus on Friendship. This might be the only chance for Twilight to get her key before the Finale if indeed she does. If she doesn't, she's getting her key during the Finale

March 30, 2014, 07:23:55 PM
Reply #14
With the focus on Friendship. This might be the only chance for Twilight to get her key before the Finale if indeed she does. If she doesn't, she's getting her key during the Finale

I actually consider Test Test 1 2 3 to be a possibility for Twi's key episode but thinking about it, this is a stronger contender.

- Master Willem

March 31, 2014, 03:41:49 AM
Reply #15
From Press Release

It airs on my birthday, yesh

I still can't find out what can go so wrong at a Traders' Exchange that their friendship is in jeopardy.
I can't make signatures.
No seriously I'm not good at it.
Like am I supposed to shove fanart in here or something.

April 12, 2014, 08:21:30 AM
Reply #16
Um you do know this episode won't air until next week due to a marathon of My Littlest Petshop right?

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.

April 12, 2014, 08:25:08 AM
Reply #17
Yeah I'm aware now though I wasn't when I stickied it. Oh well, might as well sticky it now anyway...  :P

April 12, 2014, 08:36:09 AM
Reply #18
Um you do know this episode won't air until next week due to a marathon of My Littlest Petshop right?

I am irked by this on several levels.  Obviously I have to wait an extra week for this episode to air but also I have to deal with the fact that I'm waiting because of a marathon of a show I love and I can't even watch the marathon cause I don't have the Hub. Of all the worst possible things this is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING! :(

Ok I'm done whining. :P

I really hope this episode is Twi's key episode cause I don't want her key story being lumped together with the final.  Twi deserves a dedicated episode just like all the other Mane 6.

- Master Willem

April 12, 2014, 09:04:14 AM
Reply #19
Wait, NO new episode this Saturday? Worst day ever! Guess I'll just nap...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:05:00 AM by Ayaka Tranquility »
"If thou wouldst triumph, thou must look to the Light."

April 12, 2014, 09:46:25 AM
Reply #20
I could see this being a key episode

Snowy Flanks

April 12, 2014, 03:10:36 PM
Reply #21
Next week? FLANK IT! Guess I'll just wait 'till next Saturday, then.
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

April 12, 2014, 03:13:31 PM
Reply #22
I'll be honest. With the questionable premise and the fact that Scott Sorenborn has replaced Merriweather Williams as my least favorite writer(sure helps that Williams REALLY improved with time), this is the only remaining episode this season that I'm afraid will suck.

At least it's the ONLY one. The rest all look promising and have good(IMO) writers behind them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:16:57 PM by Felix Hawthorne »

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

April 12, 2014, 04:19:30 PM
Reply #23
I'm gonna be on a 40 hour train ride anyway :monster:

April 12, 2014, 06:34:20 PM
Reply #24
I'm actually glad there was no new episode this week.  Means one less thing I have to catch up on (I typically work in the morning, so I usually procrastinate on watching the new episode).