Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x21 - Testing Testing 1, 2, 3  (Read 7934 times)

April 02, 2014, 10:29:12 PM
Reply #50
Oh man, if Vinyl actually speaks...someone already mentioned it in the comments, but there's no good way out. If her voice is bad/isn't the fanon voice, there will be a shitstorm. If it's exactly like the fanon voice, there will be cries of pandering. If she doesn't speak, people will complain it was a missed opportunity.

Those aren't my actual words. It's my riff on someone else's comments.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 02, 2014, 10:45:09 PM
Reply #51
this episode has Pinkie rapping? what it with the writers?

Snowy Flanks

April 03, 2014, 03:31:33 AM
Reply #52
The speaking Vinyl Scratch fics will become canon. I wonder if Octavia will be there too. 

April 03, 2014, 05:41:09 AM
Reply #53
You guys remember that tweet about a "fan-favorite character" who would get a name and screentime in this season? And after "Rainbow Falls" we all thought it was Snowflake and considered it a bit odd that McCarthy would call him a fan favorite?

Suppose Vinyl gets a name that's neither Vinyl or DJ-PON3. ThenFelix will get to talk about shitstorms. :monster:
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

April 03, 2014, 05:55:30 AM
Reply #54
Suppose Vinyl gets a name that's neither Vinyl or DJ-PON3. ThenFelix will get to talk about shitstorms. :monster:

If the tweet by The Hub and the promo image are anything to go by, they're going with DJ Pon-3.

Anyway, I think this could be funny. Hopefully in the right way. If not, then at least the salty fan reactions will be.

April 03, 2014, 08:09:25 AM
Reply #55
You guys remember that tweet about a "fan-favorite character" who would get a name and screentime in this season? And after "Rainbow Falls" we all thought it was Snowflake and considered it a bit odd that McCarthy would call him a fan favorite?

:(

If the tweet by The Hub and the promo image are anything to go by, they're going with DJ Pon-3.

Anyway, I think this could be funny. Hopefully in the right way. If not, then at least the salty fan reactions will be.
I dunno. Meghan seems aware that Vinyl Scratch is the fanon name, and I think some of the stuff by We Love Fine calls her by that name.

April 03, 2014, 10:14:10 AM
Reply #56
You know, people say that alicorn princess Twilight was jumping the shark...  but Pinkie Pie rapping?  THAT'S jumping the shark.

Though I'm honestly curious to hear what Vinyl's voice sounds like if she speaks, though it's going to be incredibly weird, since I'm so used to Nowacking's Vinyl voice.  I'm not going to be pissed about it, and I honestly don't think the "outrage" will be THAT intense as some people think it would be, though I do expect some ungratefulness out of this.

April 03, 2014, 10:38:13 AM
Reply #57
Vinyl's voice and name are going to be interesting reveals as will the fan reaction, I predict Table Turner

Snowy Flanks

April 03, 2014, 11:22:10 AM
Reply #58
You know, people say that alicorn princess Twilight was jumping the shark...  but Pinkie Pie rapping?  THAT'S jumping the shark.

I hope that's just in jest xP

April 03, 2014, 02:21:59 PM
Reply #59

April 03, 2014, 03:55:36 PM
Reply #60
Same here,I love season 4  :-X
Dude, just because I said Pinkie Pie rapping is jumping the shark (which I may or may not be joking about, even I'm not sure), that doesn't mean I hate season 4.  Look, I know you're sensitive to these kinds of things, but please, try not to take these things THAT seriously.

April 03, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
Reply #61
Dude, just because I said Pinkie Pie rapping is jumping the shark (which I may or may not be joking about, even I'm not sure), that doesn't mean I hate season 4.  Look, I know you're sensitive to these kinds of things, but please, try not to take these things THAT seriously.
Sorry. Its just hard to know who's joking and who's being serious with these things anymore.

Anyways...the whole thing makes sense now. You all noticed the title of the song? History of the Wonderbolts. Maybe this is supposed to be Pinkie's offbeat way to help Dash remember this stuff.

April 03, 2014, 04:18:48 PM
Reply #62
Sorry. Its just hard to know who's joking and who's being serious with these things anymore.

Anyways...the whole thing makes sense now. You all noticed the title of the song? History of the Wonderbolts. Maybe this is supposed to be Pinkie's offbeat way to help Dash remember this stuff.
Well, even if Pinkie Pie rapping is jumping the shark, that doesn't get rid of anything good the season has done.

I actually didn't notice much about the picture, other then Pinkie in a hat (weird hat choice, BTW), blue sweatshirt, and some blink, standing in front of a graffiti wall, with something in the corner saying "featuring DJ Pon-3".  I guess the Tweet itself said that, but...  Really, do we need a freaking rap about it?  9 times out of 10, unless you're straight-up gangster about it, or so ironic that about it that it's actually funny, rapping in this context is almost guaranteed to be lame and painful to listen to.

This is probably why I don't like Amy Keating Roger so much, because along with Dave Polsky, half the stuff she writes is straight-up stupid, and not in a fun way.

April 03, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
Reply #63
I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out. I largely have liked the season 4 songs, and odds are this rap song will be played for laughs, knowing these guys. After all, they have had their share of "so bad its hilarious" jokes like Farmer Rarity and pretty much all of Hearts and Hooves Day.

April 03, 2014, 04:23:35 PM
Reply #64
Well, even if Pinkie Pie rapping is jumping the shark, that doesn't get rid of anything good the season has done.

I actually didn't notice much about the picture, other then Pinkie in a hat (weird hat choice, BTW), blue sweatshirt, and some blink, standing in front of a graffiti wall, with something in the corner saying "featuring DJ Pon-3".  I guess the Tweet itself said that, but...  Really, do we need a freaking rap about it?  9 times out of 10, unless you're straight-up gangster about it, or so ironic that about it that it's actually funny, rapping in this context is almost guaranteed to be lame and painful to listen to.

This is probably why I don't like Amy Keating Roger so much, because along with Dave Polsky, half the stuff she writes is straight-up stupid, and not in a fun way.

It can't be as bad as the Rapping Dog in the Animated Titanic movie :P

April 03, 2014, 04:25:52 PM
Reply #65
You know what's worse? Probably the rapping shark in Tentacolino, a sequel to that other Titanic animated movie.

April 03, 2014, 04:32:23 PM
Reply #66
You know what's worse? Probably the rapping shark in Tentacolino, a sequel to that other Titanic animated movie.

Yeah... I saw Mr. Enter's review of Tentacolino so I know what you're talking about xD

But in all seriousness a Rapping Pinkie has the potential to be hilarious in my opinion. I don't think it's something you definitely wouldn't have seen early on in the show, so I'm sure it will get some flack from many for doing something like this just to entertain fans. But let's wait for the actual episode and make our own deductions then.

April 03, 2014, 04:42:47 PM
Reply #67
Thing about that, I found it so ridiculous, and so out-of-nowhere, plus I get the feeling whoever made that movie had no idea what he was doing, that it came off as hilarious, and I actually kind of loved it.

Seeing it here...  but people who SHOULD know what they're doing...  it just feels kind of lame.

April 03, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
Reply #68
Seeing it here...  but people who SHOULD know what they're doing...  it just feels kind of lame.
Lets just hope they find a way to make it make sense

Snowy Flanks

April 04, 2014, 09:51:48 AM
Reply #69
Screenshot and CLIP up.

So Rarity learns through fashion shows...ok. :lol:

Wow, Twi looks good in that outfit!  I love a mare in uniform. ;)

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

April 04, 2014, 10:13:09 AM
Reply #70
So that's something I guess.

I know a lot of people like Amy Keating Rogers, and I've liked some of her episodes before, but I just haven't been feeling her later stuff (including her late season 2 season episodes).

April 04, 2014, 10:32:32 AM
Reply #71
So that's something I guess.

I know a lot of people like Amy Keating Rogers, and I've liked some of her episodes before, but I just haven't been feeling her later stuff (including her late season 2 season episodes).
My thoughts on her season 4 stuff:

Pinkie Pride--I don't know if I like it as much as everyone else did, but it's still amazing and a highlight of the season
Filli Vanilli--Would have been perfect if it was not for Pinkie Pie. One of the best handled morals in the show's history

I didn't care much for her season 2 stuff, I believe, but her season 4 stuff has been consistently good in my eyes. Not always perfect(and Pinkie Pride had Jayson Thiessen writing the story for AKR) but usually good.

April 04, 2014, 10:42:57 AM
Reply #72
My thoughts on her season 4 stuff:

Pinkie Pride--I don't know if I like it as much as everyone else did, but it's still amazing and a highlight of the season
Filli Vanilli--Would have been perfect if it was not for Pinkie Pie. One of the best handled morals in the show's history

I didn't care much for her season 2 stuff, I believe, but her season 4 stuff has been consistently good in my eyes. Not always perfect(and Pinkie Pride had Jayson Thiessen writing the story for AKR) but usually good.

She doesn't have the glaring flaws of some other writers, but she still irks me in the same way M.A Larson and Megahn McCarthy do. They all seem very willing to let weak characterization prevail in their stories if they feel that their stories are funny/entertaining enough. At least that's the way it comes across to me.

It's why I tend to favor writers like Cindy Morrow or even Dave Polsky over them. Particularly in these later seasons.

April 04, 2014, 10:43:41 AM
Reply #73
Second clip up

Twi and RD getting into it, Fluttershy breaks it up...nice. :D

Ok this is dubious but Fluttershy's line about friends makes me think this could possible, maybe, perhaps be Twi's Rainbow Power episode.  :ftsooooh! 

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

April 04, 2014, 11:00:01 AM
Reply #74
Ok this is dubious but Fluttershy's line about friends makes me think this could possible, maybe, perhaps be Twi's Rainbow Power episode.  :ftsooooh!

Well, academics is her main personality trait, so it's not completely crazy. But I'm not fully buying it, because there doesn't seem to be room for an outsider to get turned around and give her a trinket.

Still banking on "Trade Ya".
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.