Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x20 - Leap of Faith  (Read 5998 times)

February 19, 2014, 10:24:58 AM
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:17:00 AM by The Derpy One »

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 19, 2014, 10:33:27 AM
Reply #1

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

February 19, 2014, 12:40:40 PM
Reply #2

February 19, 2014, 12:45:08 PM
Reply #3
Rainbow Trinket episode?

Well, there are certainly a couple of supporting characters who could stand to learn the true meaning of Honesty ...
It's missing a first-name title, though.

I'm just hoping this isn't going to be another Pinkie Keen.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

February 19, 2014, 01:35:16 PM
Reply #4
It's missing a first-name title, though.

I think it's still a bit of a coincidence that all 3 so far have had a title with the character's name in it. But we'll know soon enough with Twilight Time and It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. I just can't see why the former would be Twilight's key episode, while I feel the latter could be Fluttershy's key episode

February 19, 2014, 02:41:54 PM
Reply #5
I think it's still a bit of a coincidence that all 3 so far have had a title with the character's name in it. But we'll know soon enough with Twilight Time and It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. I just can't see why the former would be Twilight's key episode, while I feel the latter could be Fluttershy's key episode

Well -- once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but thrice is a conspiracy. (And I have trouble seeing what the point of the title "Rainbow Falls" would be otherwise).

We will know more on Saturday, though.
OC descriptions here

February 19, 2014, 03:31:53 PM
Reply #6
Huh. I didn't expect to ever see those two again.

Can they have another badass song?
I would be very disappointed if they didn't.

February 19, 2014, 03:44:04 PM
Reply #7
Can they have another badass song?

21 is one of the numbers in McCarthy's tweet that so far have matched with episodes-with-songs-in-them.
OC descriptions here

February 19, 2014, 03:47:12 PM
Reply #8

I was certain Three's a Crowd was going to be Twi's Rainbow Power episode based on the synopsis so early information can be misleading.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

February 19, 2014, 05:16:12 PM
Reply #9
Well this is surprising...  I mean, I never saw the Flim Flam Brothers as all that popular.  Then again, this kind of makes sense in a way.  Popularity aside, they're the perfect type of "con man" characters, the kind you can go back to for any kind of shady deal...  Honestly, the premise sound very intriguing...  in fact, I'm calling it, this'll likely be Applejack's "key" episode.  Though to me, it sounds a lot more like trust and faith...  like the title suggests...  Ironic, given that in the series premiere, the prove that Applejack was "honest" was really more like trust.

The "first name" thing doesn't seem like that much of a priority for me, especially since by this point, the season will be almost over.

February 19, 2014, 05:27:21 PM
Reply #10
please let snake oil be mentioned at least once in the episode

Snowy Flanks

February 19, 2014, 06:00:54 PM
Reply #11
The "first name" thing doesn't seem like that much of a priority for me, especially since by this point, the season will be almost over.

Hm, good point. We have most episode titles by now, so if there are to be episodes titled "Fluttershy something" and "Applejack something" they would have to be among episodes 22, 23 and 24 -- I'm expecting a two-part season finale, which certainly wouldn't be any single pony's key episode. Which would be cutting it a bit tight, I think.
OC descriptions here

February 19, 2014, 06:48:32 PM
Reply #12

February 19, 2014, 06:52:51 PM
Reply #13
At time of writing episodes 19 and 22-to-26 have not had their titles released yet.  If we assume Twilight Time is Twi's Rainbow Power episode and the episodes 25 and 26 are two parters were a key is not found then that leaves four episodes for the last two Rainbow Power episodes.  I'm going to guess 19 will be a Rainbow Power episode since it is suspiciously skipped.

We've had three episodes with a possible fourth conforming to the Name-in-tittle pattern so I'd be surprised if this episode is a Rainbow Power episode. It doesn't sound like AJ would have her honesty tested here but I guess we'll see.

- Master Willem

February 19, 2014, 06:56:12 PM
Reply #14
I'm in this boat. I'm counting on It Ain't Easy being a key episode, and this sounds a LOT like it could be a key episode.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

February 19, 2014, 07:00:41 PM
Reply #15
We've had three episodes with a possible fourth conforming to the Name-in-tittle pattern so I'd be surprised if this episode is a Rainbow Power episode. It doesn't sound like AJ would have her honesty tested here but I guess we'll see.

Well, suppose Granny Smith wants to believe in the snake oil (it's not that much different from zap apple lore, is it?), and AJ is about to keep her sound skepticism bottled up in a freak attack of conflict avoidance (which has already been foreshadowed a bit in Pinkie Apple Pie). That could set the stage for an honesty-related rainbow epiphany. And, as said, Flim and Flam would be natural candidates for being taught some honesty by example.

I'm confused about the episode name pattern right now. I think it would confuse me equally if it's followed for all 6 keys, or if it isn't.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:01:51 PM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here

February 19, 2014, 07:53:30 PM
Reply #16
Well, suppose Granny Smith wants to believe in the snake oil (it's not that much different from zap apple lore, is it?), and AJ is about to keep her sound skepticism bottled up in a freak attack of conflict avoidance (which has already been foreshadowed a bit in Pinkie Apple Pie). That could set the stage for an honesty-related rainbow epiphany. And, as said, Flim and Flam would be natural candidates for being taught some honesty by example.

I'm confused about the episode name pattern right now. I think it would confuse me equally if it's followed for all 6 keys, or if it isn't.

Hmmm it could go that way actually, though I hope they don't use the snake oil term cause that's actually a con in of itself.  Snake oil is actually very good for you but hucksters would pawn their sugar water by saying not to trust snake all cause their stuff is the real deal. 

If Twilight Time is Twi's Rainbow Power episode and we get two episodes with Fluttershy and Applejack's names in them then I'll be satisfied the name title thing is real until a Rainbow Power episode doesn't have their names in it. :-\

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :D

- Master Willem

February 19, 2014, 11:39:40 PM
Reply #17
I could see this being a key episode

Snowy Flanks

February 19, 2014, 11:41:25 PM
Reply #18
I like how the fandom reacted more to the Sweetie Belle/Luna episode, yet this one has all the posts  :P

February 20, 2014, 01:26:34 AM
Reply #19
I think this could be a key episode... and tbh I think the Breezy one will be too. But yeah it seems that Flim and Flam will learn something and give Applejack a gift.  I wonder what it'll be.

February 20, 2014, 10:34:59 AM
Reply #20
I think this could be a key episode... and tbh I think the Breezy one will be too. But yeah it seems that Flim and Flam will learn something and give Applejack a gift.  I wonder what it'll be.
One of there moustaches

Snowy Flanks

March 23, 2014, 03:52:14 PM
Reply #21
Just realized, after this episode there seems to be not episode on the 12th as Trade Ya doesn't air until the 19th. Looks like we're having one of the few longer then 1-week break between episodes.

March 23, 2014, 04:41:52 PM
Reply #22
Just realized, after this episode there seems to be not episode on the 12th as Trade Ya doesn't air until the 19th. Looks like we're having one of the few longer then 1-week break between episodes.

Interesting. But did you hit the wrong thread? The episode before the break is "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3".
OC descriptions here

March 23, 2014, 04:53:18 PM
Reply #23
Interesting. But did you hit the wrong thread? The episode before the break is "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3".
It seems like that week will have no pony because Littlest Pet Shop is having its season finale.

March 23, 2014, 05:38:45 PM
Reply #24
Haha, I'm glad to hear about this and am really excited for it. Somehow I didn't get wind of this until just now. :flamsing

Also, why is this 21, isn't it supposed to be 20?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:41:03 PM by Greenganon »
Discord: https://discord.gg/rbwFqKK ♥ Steam: Greenganon

[/spoiler]